PDA

View Full Version : California Fire Donations!

Admin
11-01-2003, 02:56 PM
Jesse Wozniak of Motowoz Shock Absorbers shop and house was burned to the ground, and he could use our assistance in providing him and his family some of the basic necessities for living.

If you have anything that you could donate to him, I am sure he would be very greatful!

Clothes Sizes:
Jesse: Shirt- XL, Pants -34/32, Shoes - 11
Dad: Shirt - L, Pants 32/30, shoes - 8.5
Mom: Shirt - M, Pants 33/30, shoes - 6

Ship To Address:
Jesse Wozniak
c/o Beata Kobylecka
2352 Larkspur Dr.
Alpine, CA 91901

Complete Motowoz Fire Details (http://www.motowoz.com/fire%20story.htm)

Before:
http://www.motowoz.com/bikecover.jpg

After:
http://www.motowoz.com/Laeger1.jpg

Before:
http://www.motowoz.com/shopb4.jpg

After:
http://www.motowoz.com/Shop1.jpg

Trailer:
http://www.motowoz.com/Trailer1.jpg

Dune Surfer
11-01-2003, 03:49 PM
Very nice of you to care:D So many people here have lost so much:( I lost my job and tools and feel lucky. Come on everybody pitch in for Jessie and his family

Juggalo
11-01-2003, 04:45 PM
jesse was going to sponsor me, but it never worked out. but he was willing to help me out so i'm gonna help him and his family out. i'll get a package together tonite and send it out asap.

stepupmx
11-01-2003, 05:15 PM
Any perticular styles wanted for any of the family members?

flyin#5
11-01-2003, 06:56 PM
holy crap.... THAT SUCKS! i feel bad for the family.....

Narly R
11-01-2003, 08:12 PM
OMG! Man, these fires have done A LOT of dammage! I feel very bad for them, I hope they can pull back together, and if I can get sum stuff together I will try to send what i can....:( :(

mxdave28
11-01-2003, 08:19 PM
Thank you.....

When i first looked at these pics i saw something interesting, and being a firefighter for coming up on 16 years now reminded me that, Fire, is very much like a tornado....it takes anything in its path and destroys it....fire does not care what it takes nor is it picky just like a twister....hits this house misses the next and they could only be 50' apart....if you look in the 4th picture you can see his place completely gone and yet the trees 20 feet are still there and the neighbors house just a meare 50-60' away is still standing. Would like to see as many of the Exriders as possible help out because of a simple fact that we are all family plain and simple. thank you for your support

bradley300
11-02-2003, 07:22 PM
i sent a box of old clothes friday

dpizz450
11-03-2003, 06:52 PM
damn man that really sucks to see that happen........the best of luck goes to yalls family

popo
11-04-2003, 03:50 AM
I sent a $150.00 gift cert for Outback Steak house. Hopefully a decent meal will help.

Woz
11-04-2003, 05:35 AM
Hey, I would like to thank everyone here who has read this and posted, and especially those of you who have sent a package to help my family and I. We're doing pretty well on clothes now.

Brief update...
I just got an internet connection back. When I left I grabbed my camera, and my laptop. That's about all I got. I'm going to stay at my girlfriend's parent's place for a while (until I figure something else out). They just got power back 2 days ago. My parents are staying at the property in their motorhome for now. (That's what they drove out when the fire came).

Some of you have asked about insurance.
My parents had insurance on their house, and they will be able to rebuild. They will also get some money to replace some of their "contents". This just takes a while, and of course there are many things that just can't be replaced. Motowoz had no insurance. new company, tight budget, etc... Wish we did. Other losses that were not insured. (Boat, Jet-Ski, Enclosed Trailer, YZF 426 (Jesse's),XR 600 (Jason's), Most of a YFZ450, Laeger 250r, and tons of spare parts and tools. The list is longer, but, just sad.

The important thing is, we are all OK, and the help you guys have been giving has really made a difference. I hope that someday I can repay all the favors. (without any of you having to go through this of course).

Next Step...
Now it's just a matter of trying to get back into some sort of normal life. A regular place to stay, work on building a new house, dealing with insurance, etc... I really can't wait to go riding again... (actually, Temecula Motorsports asked me to ride the Baja 1000 with them again this month)

Thanks again, (I really can't say it enough). I'll check back in a day or so. If you have any questions.

Jesse

Admin
11-04-2003, 07:47 AM
I am glad to see that you have posted, and I hope that things will only get better for you.

Also, could you please post what things that you could use to help you get back on your feet?

I wish you the best

mxracer111
11-04-2003, 09:38 AM
Jesse, my name is Paul Woodward from Woodward Specialties. you probably do not know of us, but we are a new atv business, up and comming! We just got started in June. but anyway, I was wondering if you have a paypal account where we can send donations? i sponsor yfzcentral.com and z400central.com, and i know some or our members over there and im sure some of the members here, along with myself, would love to send donations. We all want to see you up and running again. Please let us know what we can do for you! paul@woodwardspecialties.com

anywhereEx
11-04-2003, 09:47 AM
Paul, that is a heck of a good idea. Or like Admin said let us know some things that can help and we can try to be specific to your needs.

11-05-2003, 12:41 PM
Last I heard, Glen Helen was surrounded by fire. Any upadate on the west coast's flagship track???

btw, I feel for you loss Jesse, and will send you whatever you need. Just post what you could use and consider it done.

jamiesel
11-06-2003, 12:13 AM
Gonna build another quad? I bet we could all throw in some parts here. I have several bins of good parts.

jamiesel
11-06-2003, 12:16 AM
Oh another thing,

I went through a flood in 96 at my house and it was declared a disaster. Lots of my neighbors filed with the feds and got 10 to 20 k each. I did not file because I did not feel right about it but if I was you, I would do it. It was really easy for them and all they had to was file. It was really quite easy. I would do a search under fema if you have not done so already.

Woz
11-06-2003, 07:32 PM
I spent most of the day yesterday at a "disaster assistance center". I was able to register with the red cross, and with FEMA. Both are good agencies, but they do both offer only limited help. Let's face it, I won't really have a problem with survival. I'm going to eat. and thanks to you all, I'm going to have plenty of clothes to wear. I also have friends in the area. I've had several offers for places to stay. There are people here who aren't as lucky as I am.

My problem is that I lost a lot of good stuff. Things I've worked really hard for, and things that meant a lot to ME. When you are standing next to someone who didn't have much to begin with, and they really need the food the Red Cross is handing out, or the few bucks for clothes, it will change your perspective a little. I'm really glad these people are getting the help they need. They do NEED it.

I don't feel bad about the fact that I'm VERY Bummed about my losses. Like I said, I DO realize the differences between my case, and some who have it even worse, but it's still very difficult to see your dreams and hardwork disappear so quickly. It's also really hard to see what this is doing to my family (emotionally).

The Good Stuff...
I am fortunate. I would really like to than those of you who have sent clothes. I have quite a selection now. Most of it has been a good fit, and it has really helped me and my family. Anything that I cannot use, I will certainly see that it gets to the center to be used by another one of the fire victims here.

The Future...
I still don't have a solid place to stay, but like I said I have plenty of offers for temporary accomodations. I have to admit that I'm really getting home sick though. There's no way to cure that right now. I'll be looking for a place to rent here soon, but then I have to buy furniture, and things like that, so it's quite a task.

I'm really looking forward to getting things a little more settled. I hate having to think about and deal with this everyday. I can't wait until I can daydream about riding, or actually go riding. It will happen soon. It's the right time of year to start hitting Glamis if you live around here, so hopefully I'll get things lined up OK, so that I can hit the dunes a few times before the season is over.

THANK YOU

Really, Thank you all for your help and support. It feels really good to know that so many people care and are willing to help.

Woz
11-06-2003, 07:38 PM
Originally posted by jamiesel
Oh another thing,

I went through a flood in 96 at my house and it was declared a disaster. Lots of my neighbors filed with the feds and got 10 to 20 k each. I did not file because I did not feel right about it but if I was you, I would do it. It was really easy for them and all they had to was file. It was really quite easy. I would do a search under fema if you have not done so already.

The People from FEMA led me to believe that depending on what they figure out, I may end up with close to $1000 for help with some essential things. Every little bit helps.

Woz
11-06-2003, 07:45 PM
Originally posted by jamiesel
Gonna build another quad? I bet we could all throw in some parts here. I have several bins of good parts.

Yes, actually, I'm really looking forward to building a YFZ 450. It will be quite some time before I can make this a priority though. I figure 6 months or so to get my living arrangements all squared away, then a little savings, and should be ready to build a new bike in about a year.

Also... There was a trailer on the property that DID NOT BURN. (some how!) In it was the Blue Z400 (Z470) that was featured in ATV Sport just an issue or so ago. This is of course my "most prized possession at this time".

The down side is.... It will be for sale. It will clearly have to go. The cash will really help me get back on my feet, and then I can work towards a new bike.

The second good news... There was also a complete set of Motowoz suspension in the trailer that DID NOT BURN. I'm never selling this. It's set up for a YFZ 450 (for MX). It is the last new set of Motowoz shocks, and I'm saving them for my new quad whenever it may become a reality.

Admin
11-06-2003, 11:04 PM
Thanks for keeping us posted on your progress, and I am glad to see that EXriders.com members have been able to help you through this difficult time.

Also, feel free to advertise any parts or quads that you may have forsale on the site.

muff
11-08-2003, 06:56 PM
wow I am shocked to hear about this, talk about a tragedy, I have no idea what you are going through but that sure is amazing that your trailer was spared from the flames

it is also quite nice how you'll be running your last newest made set of suspension on your future yfz

i think we will all try to help sell your z400 in anyway possible, we all know many many forums and for sale sites

as of now what would you like to see recieved? like t-shirts, gift certificates, money orders, etc.

offroader786
11-08-2003, 11:34 PM
dude thats awesome california is so sweet. delaware sucks the wang ***.

exhotdog
11-13-2003, 02:01 PM
Here comes a gift certificate for a turkey for Thanksgiving.
Good luck to you and your family.