PDA

View Full Version : 400 ex pipe question

shook
02-08-2002, 06:06 PM
I have 400ex with a J&E 10.5:1 piston xr400 cam and a K&N filter about 10" holes in the air box lid.I am currently running a stock haed pipe with a e series slip on with18 discs.

Would I be better off getting a Fatboy 4 exhaust or just buying a fmf power bomb header for the pipe I have ?

I really couldnt feel a big change from the modified stock silencer to the W/B if theres any its so little after about 10 minutes of riding youve already forgotten about it.

Does anyone really have a pipe that they can honestly say that have felt a big difference some say with the double barrel it is very noticeable.The W/B slip on definately wasnt worth the money difference over my modified stock silencer.

dariusld
02-08-2002, 08:47 PM
I put the dmc, KN, jet kit, 14 tooth sprocket on all at the same time. And I run without the air box lid. It's probably the sprocket,but second and third gear come up really fast now. When in third gear it pulls much harder than before the mods. I can really tell the difference. It's a little harder to wheelie now. I think I lost some of that low end grunt. One thing is for sure,those pipes are loud as ****. I wasn't expecting it to be that loud.

400MXer
02-08-2002, 10:03 PM
I noticed a huge difference going from stock to my double barrel. and..........DUH...of course your lower gear are going to come to soon with a 14t sprocket. I went up a tooth. I love my double barrel, the sound, the look, and the power. It's great. and i hear that the Fatboy4 gives even more power.