PDA

View Full Version : mud hole stories

4barrel
10-31-2003, 09:19 PM
i love a good trail ride. and i especially love a good mud hole...till i get stuck. i was ridin my 300ex today and my friend was on a 500 suzuki. he went through this huge mudhole and i followed. i got the front tires to the other side but lost momentum and couldnt quiet make it. he got off and pull me as i was puttin some throttle to it and eventually we got it out. man was it a mess.

lets hear your mud boggin tales.

hondafox440
10-31-2003, 09:41 PM
A few years ago, we bought a brand new Arctic Cat 300 4x4. Our other quad was a 1990 Yamaha Big Bear 350. My father and I were out for a trail ride, and we had just gotten a winch installed on the Cat the day before. There was a 80' long mud hole, that looked crossable. I sized it up, and went for it with the Cat. I got about 3/4 the way through before I sunk it up to the fenders. We got a picture of it, then winched it out. It was kind of ironic though because we would have been screwed if we didn't have the winch.

ZSK
11-02-2003, 09:37 AM
michigan rider and I always play in the mud. A couple weeks ago he was playing in a creek and got a little stuck. But to his credit he's running on bald tires. It took both of us to lift the *** end of his 300ex out of the hole to break the suction. I ended up pulling him out with my 300ex. We always take a rope with us just in case something happens.

michigan rider
11-03-2003, 01:55 PM
ah good times in the creek. yea i got that thing stuck pretty good and those bald tires didnt help much. but thats to cleanshaven300ex we got that sucker out. would probably been screwed if we didnt have that tow rope we have had to pull each other out with it more than once. even the big polaris 350 magnum.

In the words of Landon "if there is grass on the field play, if not turn her around and play in the mud"

killed300ex
11-04-2003, 06:55 PM
not really a mud story but last weekend my freind and i are riding came to a swamp some people went through the middle others went through the mud at the edges we decided to though the middle driving thorugh about 6 inches of water over the grass and then all of a sudden both of you front ends are up over our handel bars the marsh just droped of in the center for about a 3 ft wide whole/creek lol we both went over the bars and were standing in about 3 1/2 feet of water pushing our quads out lol just kinda funny about the worst iv ever been stuck i dont get stuck much so i considered that pretty bad
killed

killed300ex
11-04-2003, 06:55 PM
not really a mud story but last weekend my freind and i are riding came to a swamp some people went through the middle others went through the mud at the edges we decided to though the middle driving thorugh about 6 inches of water over the grass and then all of a sudden both of you front ends are up over our handel bars the marsh just droped of in the center for about a 3 ft wide whole/creek lol we both went over the bars and were standing in about 3 1/2 feet of water pushing our quads out lol just kinda funny about the worst iv ever been stuck i dont get stuck much so i considered that pretty bad
killed

4barrel
11-04-2003, 07:18 PM
there is about a 50 foot long mud hole thats about 2 1/2 feet deep above my house. i have a friend with a big truck and we're tryin to pursuade him into goin for it. :devil:

RideRed250ex
11-04-2003, 09:31 PM
Last winter we were out riding on this property that had a large pond frooze over and i had rode across it all day and right b 4 i hit it this one time i noticed a crack along the edge, and as soon as i hit it i knew i was goin down turned out the freezing water was only like a foot deep but the mud below it was REALLY soft 2 foot down i think me and my Very generous friend stuck it out 2 hours later if finally came out... me feet swelled up like balloons after i got back... oh yea that mud STANK really really bad too... not the best riding expereince of my life...

Out_Sider
11-05-2003, 02:08 PM
i havent really been mud boggin with my 300. but one time my friends Jarret and Kelly and I were over in Kellys pit/pond. and we were all backing up into the water as far as we could...then trying to drive out...the 250x(jarrets) with Mud Sharks got out real easy...Kellys blaster with stock tires got out aight....but then..me and my 300 with Wooly Booger tires, got stuck....i mean they were just spinnning....THEY SUCK!!! I think bald turf tamers would have done better:p But jarret and kelly pulled me out, and everything was fine....

stonerider250x
11-09-2003, 07:10 PM
I was riden down the gas lines not to far from my house and came up on a stream and had done crossed a couple other steams and large mud puddles and i went through the sream and got my front tires out and then it stoped moving and all my tires did was spin. It prolly didnt help i was ridin a 250x but it did have mud sharks on it. We tried to get that thing out for an hour by wedgin logs under the wheels and trien to drive out on them and i could get pulled out cuz the only thing with me was a xr200. We finally quit trien to drive it out and we both pulled on the bumper and it came right out :rolleyes: i felt kinda stupid after that. lol

Matt756
12-04-2003, 06:00 PM
mine has to be wen me and a couple driends went out before i got my 300ex we went out riding it was really muddy and we were riding and then it started pouring down rain there was a recon a rancher 4x4 and a trx 300 i was on the trx300 and we wanted to get home as soon as possible cause we were soaked so we tried to take a shortcut but wrong answer we were all goin for it a massive mud hole high 3rd gear all 3 of us going for it so all 3 of are stuck now it is still pouring down rain and so we try to get the rancher out first cant get it so we try the reconwe get it outit was really light so here we are with one out 2 stuck we are covered with mud but we end up getting themm all outwhat a short cut 1 1/2 later were all out so were leaving now the big vreek we have to cross is to high to cross so we go around following trails till we find a road then we go home and learn never to all go through a mudhole all together

44oEX
12-05-2003, 06:32 AM
This was at my first race sorry about the pic quality.

BTW Im not black it's all mud . I had goggles for the first lap.:eek:

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid90/p6b27bf14a87fe2cf25fc7513fda19263/fa761ce0.jpg

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid89/p69643de0bddd7b61368ad39dd8a776b1/fa7a737e.jpg

nj300exr
12-14-2003, 08:28 AM
cant beileve to hear abpout all these 300 gettin stuck, i got a 99 with an oped up airbox and a pipe and 14cs sprocket and only got stuck once and thats was cuz i got water in the airbox. your gotta get some more balls on ya guys and lean back and keep on the power. i got bald 400ex stockers and now im startin to loose a few more battles then usualls but dont give up anyway anyways, i think ill be headin to the mud today, have fun yall

Prazak250EX
01-01-2004, 05:51 PM
Me and a couple of friends were out riding. Me and Sublime53280, and this kid SS *****, with his raptor. anyways I had JUST gotten my new tires that I picked up at a garage sale for 20 dollars. SS hit the first hole out in an industrial park and didn't get stuck. I hit it 3rd pinned and there's roost flyin everywhere. SS hit it a couple more times and then left. I get the bright idea to start a mud drag for myself and sublime hops on the back. Needless to say, that TOTALLY did us in, being a 250EX is small and my shocks are WORN as hell. Gotta love that florida suction mud. Get the 250 stuck in a hole only a foot deep, but it sank in the mud about another foot. So we're sittin there trying to pull out the sucker as we sink up to our knees in the mud. Decide to go get sublime's ranger, which has bald as hell tires. WE walk back about 2 miles and get his truck. DRive it back thru the trails. We start backing up and he tells me to get out and guide him so he doesnt get into anything bad. WEll as SOON as he said that the truck just starts revvin out like a mofo. STUCK! STUCK STUCK STUCK STUCK! Get on the celly phone and call up everyone in town. Luckily his friend baker gets out there. But it gets better, as we're waiting for baker, I dig the 250 out. Baker gets out there and tries to pull sublime out. DONE! Dodge ram with tires to bald, the steel belt was showing. OH what a day. I take a ride up to repo depot and get some guy to pull us out. GREAT DAY GUYS! NEVER RIDE ALONE!

jordan_400ex
05-02-2006, 09:10 PM
ok so me and my friend were going riding and i was on back of his 300 fourtrax 4x4 and these guys dug out a ditch too put in a powerline along this graveldriveway and they filled it all back in and it rained all week so we hit it side ways and it was buried up to the racks in goop and the otherside was not really on the ground cuz it was tipped sideways so we had too go get his dad and he pulled us out with his truck