PDA

View Full Version : What would happen if Guns were banned?

mrusk
10-31-2003, 05:31 PM
I always think about stuff. Lately i been thinking what would happen if a liberal with a cause got elected to office and both houses were both liberal and they were able to over turn the 2nd amendment. Lets say they overturned the amenedment and it became illegal for anyone in this country to have a fire arm of any kind. All guns would have to be turned in within a month. What would you do? What would happen to our country? We all know crime would skyrocket, so lets leave that out of the discussion.

Would there be a civil war, or something along those lines?

I want to hear what you think.

matt

Guy400
10-31-2003, 05:34 PM
I would own a gun illegally I guess.

Pappy
10-31-2003, 06:00 PM
i was asked that question to an extent by 2 federal officers one night. if i remeber thier question was..."what would you say if we showed up at your house to get all your guns?"

mty response: :dont be the first one thru the door:grr:

mrusk
10-31-2003, 06:05 PM
The think is, do you think the Police would acctual go after the guns if ordered too. Most police officers are pro guns and know how much crime there would be if guns were out lawed. Would cops that know and belive that still follow the orders? Most cops own guns of their own. Would they want to turn their own guns in that they could of spent thousdands on?

matt

Pappy
10-31-2003, 06:06 PM
i have a ton of law enforcement buddies. not one of them will follow the order to take the guns. my families blood was spilled so i could have enaliable rights and ill spill more to keep my rights.

i have no use for people jacking with the constitution. PERIOD.

in states that have open carry or concealed carry the crime rates have dropped dramatically. friggon washington dc is a NO GUN city and has one of the highest "death by gun" rates in the country.

Pappy
10-31-2003, 06:08 PM
sorry...this issue gets me FIRED UP:macho

my thoughts were to hand out more guns...give the crackheads and drug thugs guns. in a few weeks the only ones left will be easily found...then we shoot them ...problem solved:macho

mrusk
10-31-2003, 06:55 PM
Pappy i know what you mean. This issue gets me fired up too. If i ever made it to one of the rides at your at we'd proably spend half the time bs'in about poltics and whats wrong with this country.

Another thing that gets me fired up is how corrupt goverment is. Not just senators and governers but local town goverment. Stuffs happen in my town that should not be happening, but is because of whos benifiting from what. This sorta of stuff is whats going to bring this country down.

Our war in Iraq is important. It is great many brave young Americans join the armed forces and put their lives on the line for our country. I thought about join the army after the country but then apart of me told me their is a more important battle that needs to be fought and that is a battle in our own country. Something needs to be done here before its to late. We are loosing rights left and right and everything is getting so liberal. What my generation does can save or break our nation. I am going to try my best to have my generation make our fore fathers proud.

matt

kj400
10-31-2003, 06:56 PM
Then only criminals would have them and it would only cause crime rates to go up because honest people wouldn't have them.

kabd69667
10-31-2003, 07:12 PM
i don't take a side on this issue, but i would like to state one thing.

The success of our constitution is its ability to change with the times. It's flexible. The times are changing.

GNCC#829
10-31-2003, 07:36 PM
Anyone ever heard this quote?
"If guns are outlawed, only outlaws will have guns"
I am thinking that was Benjiman Franklin that said that, but I could be wrong.

Woodsrider
10-31-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by kabd69667
i don't take a side on this issue, but i would like to state one thing.

The success of our constitution is its ability to change with the times. It's flexible. The times are changing.

Now think about this: not sinsce the civil war has war been fought on our soil. And one of the BIGGEST reasons why is because better than 1 in 5 americans owns a gun. would you want to try to invade a country where one fifth of the civilian population is armed?

The success of our constitution is due to the foresight of our founding fathers, and nothing more, PERIOD!

***in liberals:rolleyes:

quadfamily
10-31-2003, 08:37 PM
I was going to post the same quote that GNCC#829 did but he beat me to it. I didn't know Ben Franklin said it first though. I saw it on a bumper sticker!LOL

Pappy
10-31-2003, 08:46 PM
i agree there are folks out there better served by a soft pillow then any type of firearm. hell we just had a 10 year old boy near here killed by a freakin crossbow( no safety education at all either)

but i reckon it depends on how you view the constitution. it clearly states that the civilian population has the undeniable right to keep and bear arms. the term arms isnt restricted....it isnt elaborated. at the time the declaration of independce was written it was expected of its citizens to train and keep the current military arms of the day. as far as i read it thats what they wanted. now i cant see lettin people run around with a M-60 for chits and giggles but they do have thier place.

one of my friends is a now retired marine who for the last 6 or so years was a drill seargent. he said two of the biggest problems they faced was recruits not wanting to be told what to do and not knowing basic firearm instruction.

theres only a few of us left that are truly understand what this country was founded on...and that my friends is a shame:(

http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/patriot.gif

10-31-2003, 09:06 PM
if guns were outlawed id shoot someone:mad:

kabd69667
10-31-2003, 09:06 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
The success of our constitution is due to the foresight of our founding fathers, and nothing more, PERIOD!

***in liberals:rolleyes:

i hope your joking...do you think our founding fathers every thought that an African would have the same rights as a white? Womens suffarage? What about slavery?

FLEXIBILITY!

10-31-2003, 09:12 PM
elasticity actually

Pappy
10-31-2003, 09:14 PM
Originally posted by kabd69667
do you think our founding fathers every thought that an African would have the same rights as a white? Womens suffarage? What about slavery?

african american population is among the highest of the unemployed (slaves were 100% employed)

women sufferage.....id rather have my wife home being a mom then working

so where is all that much better when you break it down? i dont condone slavery by any means....just making a point

10-31-2003, 09:25 PM
womens suffrage? wasnt that about them gaining the right to vote, not working and cooking?

Woodsrider
10-31-2003, 09:49 PM
do you think our founding fathers every thought that an African would have the same rights as a white?

They must have, somewhere they wrote: ...... that all men are created equal.....

Bad Habit
10-31-2003, 10:09 PM
Guns? What guns? The government would have to have a registration document on each firearm to know what you have. If it came to it, there's only one firearm registration with my name on it so, I guess they can have my one and only gun. ;)

upstate rider
11-01-2003, 02:24 AM
Taking your guns away is the 1st step to communism remember that.

Guy400
11-01-2003, 05:13 AM
Here are some facts relating to outlawing guns. Britain banned all guns to private citizens as well as saying they can't carry anything that can be used as a weapon to defend yourself (knives, clubs, etc.). Crime rates rose 40% in the first two years of this ban taking effect, armed robberies have grown 53% and you are now 6 times more likely to get mugged in London than you are in NYC. Australia enacted a similar law but limited the ban to all semi-automatic and self-loading guns (shotguns included). Since this ban in Australia murder rates are up 3.2%, assaults are up 8.6%, armed robbery is up 45%, murders by the use of guns are up 300%, crime rates in Australia were steadily dropping until this ban took effect and then they started to rise dramatically.

These gun-hating politicians and pansy-*** lobbyists (Rosie) live in this idyllic, fantasy world where they think banning guns will magically take ALL guns away. All you're doing is removing guns from law abiding citizens. Bank robbers and repeat violent offenders don't buy their pistols from local gunsmiths where serial numbers can be traced. I've got a sawed-off shotgun in my bedroom and had (recently sold) a Ruger .357 Magnum under the bed. I've never had to use them in any way aside from shooting them just to run some rounds through them. Is it really a threat to the general public that my guns are in there? The only person I threaten with those is the scumbag SOB that's crawling through my window at 3:00AM. His *** better hope he's Neo and he's in the Matrix cause he's gonna need to dodge a crap-load of buckshot.

On a more positive note, here's a story supporting a gun owner. About 5 years ago a local gas station owner was robbed in the wee hours of the night by some thug with a pistol. He robbed the store owner at gunpoint and ran out the door. The store owner pressed a silent alarm button and grabbed the 12ga. pumper that was under the counter. He ran outside the store and the bandit was only about 40 yards away. The store owner fired at the robber and hit him in the back of the leg causing him to drop the pistol and fall to the ground. The store owner stood overtop of the robber with the shotgun at his head until police arrived a short time later. Of course, the would-be robber sued the store owner. The police department supported the store owner's actions and a jury told this punk to F.O. He's in prison right now but the owner sold the station and it's now a lawn furniture retailer.

AlaskaSpeed
11-01-2003, 07:27 AM
Here in Alaska, they recently passed legislation that now a person DOESN'T even have to have a concealed weapons permit to carry. Alaska shines in this and other areas.....:D

Bill Fuller
11-01-2003, 07:30 AM
It would take a real brave soul to come a knockin on the Fuller door asking for my guns....can you say Ruby Ridge?

AlaskaSpeed
11-01-2003, 07:39 AM
Originally posted by Bill Fuller
It would take a real brave soul to come a knockin on the Fuller door asking for my guns....can you say Ruby Ridge?

Not to be an *****, but I am not sure people that make those kind of insane statements in levity really consider them before making them. I would go so far to say that anyone that seriously makes statements of killing law enforcement officers-----should have their guns taken away.

I have many friends that are in law enforcement as well and they have families, etc. Half cocked statements about Ruby Ridge are not very intelligent IMO. Don't get me wrong, there is a time to defend your family, etc...but a responsible person wouldn't want to ever be put in that situation to decide to take a life.

Don't forget that there are a lot of "impressionable" kids that are members here and that may already think that shooting someone is not as big a decision as it really is. Save the flames, this is not mean to be one.........JIM

11-01-2003, 07:58 AM
I'd just move to the country, no matter what you can have guns if ya live in the sticks..:D Heck most car dealerships install rear winder gun racks before any truck leaves the lot..:o

AlaskaSpeed
11-01-2003, 08:07 AM
Originally posted by Rico
I'd just move to the country, no matter what you can have guns if ya live in the sticks..:D Heck most car dealerships install rear winder gun racks before any truck leaves the lot..:o

Don't forget the dealer installed Yosemite Sam mud flaps....lmao

11-01-2003, 10:22 AM
would that be bb guns too?

Tommy 17
11-01-2003, 12:13 PM
rico and jim the sad thing is if u would walk out of my door... 50% of the trucks have the yosemity sam mud flaps and 99% of them have a gun rack of some type:p

i know i will never give up my guns, bows, knifes etc... the day i turn 21 i will have my own pistol legally... i still carry one on me at times when hunting for animals suchs as bears etc... just for safty with the bigger game... but then again i was raised with a gun in my hands... i was killin birds before i was in school... the thing was though... i was taught how to properly use and how to act with a gun... i was taught safty time in time out... its no joke... kids these days that i talk to from the city and on AOL from here on exriders have no clue about how to properly treat a firearm... they get the impression from rappers that u just go put a cap in someones :eek: :o :o

i know my dad had me scared chitless to touch a gun without him around for awhile... he had this oil that he would put on the gun that if i touched it with my finger the oil in my finger print would leave a blue mark on the gun and yeah... that was a BIGGG NO NO... i was in big trouble to touch one without him around...

forum
11-01-2003, 02:06 PM
Hey guys. Yea its me again the stupid anti gun canadian!:D I don't beleive its posiable to rid the guns totaly. But more regulation is definately needed south of the boarder. First of all. All asualt weapons in my opinion should be complettly illegal to own to all civilians!! they are made to kill PEOPLE and PEOPLE only, not to mention very effectivly. Handguns should be registerd and alot harder to get! Thats a start. And i personaly think it needs to be done. If weapons were harder to get alot of misfortunate outcomes woluld have atleast been not so bad. Example. Columbine. I agree those kids were just plain Facked up. But if a kid 16 years old can get multiple asault rifles hand grenads ect. Theres a serious problem. VIdeo games don't kill people GUNS DO! people gota stop blaming video games and other stuff. Make guns harder to get! period. But it may be hard for most of you to agree. considering you were brought up in a gun loving nation. I can understand that. and dont think im some tree hugging hippy. My father owns over 20 rifles and hunts everything from caribau to bear. I been braught up with guns all my life.

These were my personal thoughts! sorry if i offended you.

Guy400
11-01-2003, 02:30 PM
Originally posted by forum
Hey guys. Yea its me again the stupid anti gun canadian!:D I don't beleive its posiable to rid the guns totaly. But more regulation is definately needed south of the boarder. First of all. All asualt weapons in my opinion should be complettly illegal to own to all civilians!! they are made to kill PEOPLE and PEOPLE only, not to mention very effectivly. Handguns should be registerd and alot harder to get! Thats a start. And i personaly think it needs to be done. If weapons were harder to get alot of misfortunate outcomes woluld have atleast been not so bad. Example. Columbine. I agree those kids were just plain Facked up. But if a kid 16 years old can get multiple asault rifles hand grenads ect. Theres a serious problem. VIdeo games don't kill people GUNS DO! people gota stop blaming video games and other stuff. Make guns harder to get! period. But it may be hard for most of you to agree. considering you were brought up in a gun loving nation. I can understand that. and dont think im some tree hugging hippy. My father owns over 20 rifles and hunts everything from caribau to bear. I been braught up with guns all my life.

These were my personal thoughts! sorry if i offended you. Enough outta you liberal Canadians or we'll come up there and take you over:D

Seriously though, those kids at Columbine were whack jobs and could get guns quite easily if they sought them. I could go outside right now and go to a less-than-desirable section of town and buy a gun illegally if I so wish. All the gun control in the world won't stop criminals seeking firearms. Video games don't kill people and neither do guns. People kill people. When is the last time you've seen a gun pick itself up off the table, walk outside and indiscriminately shoot someone? Never. A person with bad intentions murders people and the gun happens to be their weapon of choice but it could just as easily been a knife, rat poison or a car. Shoud there be a full background check and 5-day wait on D-con since we can use it to kill if used in the wrong manner?

I agree, assault weapons shouldn't be allowed for private citizens. My idea of assault weapons in fully automatic weapons. Things like full auto Uzi's, AK-47's, M-16's, M-60's, etc. But, if they want to own semi-auto versions of those guns than it's more power to them.

We've got to focus blame on where it needs to be focused, the people misusing these things. More children were killed last year from wrecking their bicycles than from guns, do you think we should have mandatory training wheels on all bikes until the age of 16? What about restricted hours on bicycle usage? Or how about we accept these as honest accidents and try to educate people as best we can. Criminals will always find guns and they prefer them to be the illegal, non-traceable ones. There will always be accidental shootings where someone kills themselves or another person with a totally legal firearm. I grew up in a house very similar to Tommy's. My father is (there isn't a was) Marine and having guns in my house was as common as peanut butter and jelly. We joke with my father because his basement is like the scene in The Matrix where Neo asks for guns and racks upon racks go flying past. My father probably has over 30 guns of various types and never once did I touch any of them without him around. We didn't touch a firearm until he handed it to us and then we abided by all the gun safety rules (point them down, never carry them with a finger on the trigger, NEVER point them at anyone, etc.). Guess what, nobody was ever shot by any of those guns and there was never a close call. My father made it very clear to us that we need to be more afraid of him than any gun in the gun room. If you want to live in a country where the criminals have guns to attack you and you don't have means to protect yourself, so be it. I choose to live in a society where an armed populous has the means to defend itself with the same advantage the perpetrator has.

Guy400
11-01-2003, 02:35 PM
And to add, most accidental shootings aren't done by experienced shooters. They are done by children of parents who hide the gun and want to make it a secret that they own them. You know the type that never get the gun out in front of the kids but the kids know it exists. These are the children that get into the guns out of curiosity and shoot their friend because they've got no idea how to handle it. Like I said, firearms in my house were common knowledge and I shot most of them so I wasn't the least bit interested in opening the gun case and playing with them. If I wanted to shoot it or look at it I'd just ask my dad and he'd get it out.

Tommy 17
11-01-2003, 02:45 PM
Originally posted by Guy400
And to add, most accidental shootings aren't done by experienced shooters. They are done by children of parents who hide the gun and want to make it a secret that they own them. You know the type that never get the gun out in front of the kids but the kids know it exists. These are the children that get into the guns out of curiosity and shoot their friend because they've got no idea how to handle it. Like I said, firearms in my house were common knowledge and I shot most of them so I wasn't the least bit interested in opening the gun case and playing with them. If I wanted to shoot it or look at it I'd just ask my dad and he'd get it out.

AMEN!!!!

and fourm not to flame u but ur comment that "guns kill people" is b.s. to me people kill people... if i want i can kill u with my bare hands, gun, knife, a stick, car, etc... should we ban all those 2????

11-01-2003, 03:21 PM

you give canadians a bad name you puss, if i wanna kill you and i dont have a gun ill hit you with my car

Bad Habit
11-01-2003, 04:59 PM
First of all. All asualt weapons in my opinion should be complettly illegal to own to all civilians!! they are made to kill PEOPLE and PEOPLE only, not to mention very effectivly.
I would be curious as to what YOUR definition of an assualt weapon is. Aside from the outward appearance, they are funtionally identical to many other guns "sporting" guns.

Handguns should be registerd and alot harder to get! Thats a start. And i personaly think it needs to be done.
Any handgun that is purchased from a firearms dealer IS registered and a waiting period with background check IS done before purchase.

VIdeo games don't kill people GUNS DO! people gota stop blaming video games and other stuff.
This is the most rediculous statement that I have heard. And unfortunately, many people share this attitude. A gun is no more to blame than the video game. And if you want to get technical, guns don't kill people either, bullets do.;)
Now Canada has some of the most potent beer made. If someone is irresponsible and drinks too much, then gets in their car and kills someone, who is to blame? Should we ban beer? Should we ban cars? No we throw the book at the dumb SOB that doesn't know how to act. This same mentality should be used with guns.

No offense taken and none meant back. It's all good for debating. But remember when you're dealing with all the "good 'ol country boys" on this site (myself included), don't mess with my woman, my guns, or my God. And not necessarily in that order. :D

mrusk
11-01-2003, 05:34 PM
Their is a fine line with assult weapons. We consider assult weapons guns like ak47s and other fully auto machine guns. The truth is there are many liberals out their that think any gun with a pistol grip is an assuly weapons. When you say they should ban all assult weapons, you can loose your favorite gun at any time.

5 day waiting perids are B.S. If a guy is buying a gun legal to rob a bank, i guess he will just have to rob the bank 5 days later.

If a insane, crazy, physco person who has some serious issues really wants to kill someone he will, wheather he has a gun or not. He could turn from everything to chain saws to lead pipes. No matter what he ban, you can never take away someones crazed thoughts of murder.

matt

JTRtrx250r
11-01-2003, 11:33 PM
I guess if guns were banned....we'd have to go back to throwin' rock's:blah:

crazycasey
11-02-2003, 12:36 AM
i had a debate about this and i smoked the competition. guns rule....the old saying rings true.... "guns dont kill people, people do" . Guns do not have minds, they cannot make the desicion to fire and kill someone. It all comes down to the individual pulling the trigger. If they want to kill someone, they will find a way to do it no matter if they has a gun or not.

im fortunate enough to have land to shoot and hunt on. its a rare thing now a days were i live.

popo
11-02-2003, 03:25 AM
Originally posted by js52589
i would become an officer of the law and go after guy I guess :blah:

Guy400 needs a gun, cause he lives in Massillon, OH. J/K

Don't expect me to come knocking on your doors for your guns.

Banning firearms will not rid crime. Why do you think the majority of law enforcement agencies are endorsing it?

It is currently on the slate to be passed in the state of Ohio. And as a Police Officer I endorse it, cause I am tired of seeing too many innocent victims either being car jacked or robbed with lives taken over little or no money.

The rule of thumb: It’s easier to be tried by six jury members, than carried by six pawl barriers.

Guy400
11-02-2003, 05:07 AM
Originally posted by popo
Guy400 needs a gun, cause he lives in Massillon, OH. J/K
This is coming from someone that lives in/near Columbus:cuss:

j/k:blah:

TheRedRebel17
11-02-2003, 10:16 AM
The sad part is.....

My dad was one of em who would keep it in the attic...i knew it existed my whole life....when i turned 13 he fiannly got it out for me...

LEE314EX
11-02-2003, 12:32 PM
with no guns i supose that would also mean no hunting and with no hunting deer populatoins would get out of control hurting farmers crops and also the cyote population could skyrocket which is also bad for the farmes livestock and all that would hurt the economy

zephead400ex
11-02-2003, 12:59 PM
This is a great thread and has not gotten out of hand!

The delegalization of guns will never happen in the U.S. I have grown up around guns and when I have kids, they will grow up around guns. Guns deserve respect, when no respect if given, people get hurt. This has been said numerous times, but, guns don't kill people, people kill people. That statement is so true it is almost ridiculous. Guns are a way of life for millions of people thoughout the U.S. for good reason; recreation and protection.

In my apartment lays an M-1. I would like to see any person try to get that gun away from my house!

peace

WEEZIL
11-02-2003, 03:50 PM
DEATH TO ALL WHO THREATEN MY GUNS! There would be an absolute outroar. definately some insanely terriable things would go down!

redroost85
11-02-2003, 08:25 PM
I believe that there will always be guns to those that want them. So the rest of us law abiding gun carrying citizens give up our guns? That's good! All the crackheads and gangstas will be armed, yeah that makes sense!

I believe in the fundamental right to own and carry guns, this is America for crying out loud. Brave men fought and died for this right and I believe that we should continue to fight for our liberty to own and carry responsibly.

You want my gun?! Come get it buddy!:devil:

MOFO
11-03-2003, 05:07 AM
There is a very simple answer to this question.

If guns where banned, only bad guys and a few others would have guns illegally then. By making guns illegal, this will NOT remove them from streets and criminals... which are the people that use the guns for crimes.

Anyone that thinks making them illegal is a good idea needs to get their head checked out because they have some serious problems...

zzbudzz
11-03-2003, 05:53 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
i was asked that question to an extent by 2 federal officers one night. if i remeber thier question was..."what would you say if we showed up at your house to get all your guns?"

mty response: :dont be the first one thru the door:grr: thats funny ! what did they say?

CowsBitePeople
11-03-2003, 08:39 AM
mrush this is alittle off topic....just alittle...but what town u in in sussex county?

jtej
11-03-2003, 08:44 AM
Remember guns don't kill people. People kill people. If someone is dead set on killing people, they will find the means to do it. Look at 9/11 basically 3000 people died because of a few box cutters.

JTRtrx250r
11-03-2003, 08:57 AM
Originally posted by jtej
Look at 9/11 basically 3000 people died because of a few box cutters. :huh :confused: I musta missed something I guess haha

;)

and ppl make bullets kill ppl..not guns:blah: