PDA

View Full Version : Works rear compatibility

cliq20
10-31-2003, 12:16 PM
Would anyone know how compatible rear shocks are with other quads? Would a works rear from a 250r fit on a Z400? How about a 400ex rear on a Z400? Someone told me they were able to bolt on a rear YFZ450 shock to a Z400 and it worked well. Any help would be appreciated! Thanks guys!

ThorR88
10-31-2003, 05:00 PM
you can swope fronts useally with no problem back shocks are differnt they usally dont fit on other bikes....you can get a 250r back shock and grind it to fit but you would be better off buying one for the bike you have or pay 100 to rebuild it

2003 400ex yellow
ac ppro peg nerfs
ac front bumber
alluimiun air box diamond plated
cut yellow hmf pipe
lonestar +4 axel
lonestar+2 a arms chrome
quad tech carbon hood
new plastics
pro taper handle bars
hand guards
brake block off
dirt bike clutch
cr 125 kill switch to start mine
maier kill switch
razers
douglos 190 8 inch beadlocks in rear
10 in douglos beadlocks in front
18 inch cut tamers in rear
19 mx holeshots in front
works trp. rate shocks with rezzies
seat cover
custon coolient fan installed
omf scoops
few other extras
can beat raptors and banshee's but i dont know why motor is stock!!! only thing sotck is my frame #88

nofear911
10-31-2003, 05:09 PM
When you get your stock rear shock "revalved" or "rebuilt", does it preform any better than stock or just rebuild it?

ThorR88
10-31-2003, 05:12 PM
it probly will fell better becuase its a brand new shock basiclly becuase your old shock was getting worn... you can mess with the back shock to get it of compression ffaster or let it be more compressed

2003 400ex yellow
ac ppro peg nerfs
ac front bumber
alluimiun air box diamond plated
cut yellow hmf pipe
lonestar +4 axel
lonestar+2 a arms chrome
quad tech carbon hood
new plastics
pro taper handle bars
hand guards
brake block off
dirt bike clutch
cr 125 kill switch to start mine
maier kill switch
razers
douglos 190 8 inch beadlocks in rear
10 in douglos beadlocks in front
18 inch cut tamers in rear
19 mx holeshots in front
works trp. rate shocks with rezzies
seat cover
custon coolient fan installed
omf scoops
few other extras
can beat raptors and banshee's but i dont know why motor is stock!!! only thing sotck is my frame:macho

cliq20
10-31-2003, 06:14 PM
if you have cheap long distance or a cell phone, call works performance at (818) 701-1010. they are extremely helpful. they can rebuild your rear for 180 and can put a new spring in it for 100. a new shock is 710. but they will talk your ear off for a long time and tell you anything you need to know. i just got off the phone and talked to two of them for at least 45 minutes total. might be a 3 dollar phone call but oh well. supposedly stock rear springs suck unless you weigh 160 and then the dampening sucks. the sag in your spring should be approximately 3 inches and then you adjust your rebound and compression from there with the adjustments on the shock top and bottom respectively. i feel more informed now anyway...
even the fronts are different from a z400 to a 400ex. the only ones compatible in front are the 250r and 400ex. they will work on a Z but are almost an inch shorter on the EX. so your travel on the z will be restricted by an inch. anyway, my .02...

cliq20
10-31-2003, 06:21 PM
oh yeah the stock rears are no where near compatible for any model...