PDA

View Full Version : I wish I could!!!

Natertot426ex
10-31-2003, 07:25 AM
So I sit here at work all day with nothing to do. It has been like this for about a week and it is going to be like this for the next couple of months probably. So I sit here in front of the computer and play around on it. Here is what I wish I could do. I have my own area in my shop with all the tools I ever needed. If I could only bring my quad to work and tear it apart for a winter rebuild. For the fact that work for an organization that will probably fire me if I do it i would be doing it right now. My boss wouldn't even have a problem with it. It is the upper management that sucks. If they cam down and saw that I had it in here I would be in big trouble.

Sorry for the post but I am bored out of my mind and can't find anything to do here at work.

JTRtrx250r
10-31-2003, 07:55 AM
thats when these atv site really come in handy....when your bored,gives ya plenty to read lol,...or to tell ppl how bored youve been haha:D ...and if that "upper" knew what he was missin'...he'd have his quad there too:blah:

Pappy
10-31-2003, 07:56 AM
i reckon i lived your dream:eek2: i built mine in our front showroom at work:eek: :devil:

Glow Plug
10-31-2003, 08:00 AM
Originally posted by Pappy
i reckon i lived your dream:eek2: i built mine in our front showroom at work:eek: :devil:

nobody likes a bragger pappy :p

JTRtrx250r
10-31-2003, 08:02 AM
i reckon i lived your dream:eek2: i built mine in our front showroom at work:eek: :devil: Pappy...ALL of your quads look like they shoulda stayed in the showroom;) :D but theres no point in building something that you'll never put to use haha,I dont know if I should be inspired ...or just give up and hide LOL:D

Pappy
10-31-2003, 08:05 AM
yeah ...im skeert to take mine in the dirt:devil:

popo
10-31-2003, 09:24 AM

Pappy, you better not let your wife see that in the dining room. :devil:

Pappy
10-31-2003, 09:27 AM
Originally posted by popo
Pappy, you better not let your wife see that in the dining room. :devil:

dining room...kitchen...at one point last winter i had more parts in the house then in the garage:huh

Natertot426ex
10-31-2003, 10:21 AM
Man pappy you do some beutiful work. :D I would have you do a bunch of my stuff if you lived closer. Especially my frame. I will have to have it locally done though.

The only way I can work on it is I take it apart and bring peices at a time in and clean them or what ever I need to do to them.:(

I really like your white 400 too it is really purty.:D

wilkin250r
10-31-2003, 11:26 AM
Originally posted by Natertot426ex
If I could only bring my quad to work and tear it apart for a winter rebuild. For the fact that work for an organization that will probably fire me if I do it i would be doing it right now. My boss wouldn't even have a problem with it. It is the upper management that sucks. If they cam down and saw that I had it in here I would be in big trouble.

Have you ever thought to actually ASK permission? Lots of companies encourage personal projects, just as long as they don't interfere with regular business.

I used to work for a company that did ceramic-mold casting, and they would let me do any project I wanted, as long as I did all the work. I learned the process from beginning to end.

Natertot426ex
10-31-2003, 11:31 AM
Well I have a government job:D Air National Guard. We have had a guy bring his car in and get fired a long time ago so I don't think I want to even try to ask. Plus our upper management hates us right now because of some crazy reason.

UglyMotha™
10-31-2003, 11:45 AM
been there did that :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid86/p276c41abd479dd1362479d011c3e675a/fab0181a.jpg

remlapr
10-31-2003, 11:46 AM
Originally posted by wilkin250r
Have you ever thought to actually ASK permission? Lots of companies encourage personal projects.

At my company if you get caught working on "personal projects" you get fired. We have had a couple of developers get canned for coding "personal projects" that another company was going to happen to pay them for LOL. They seriously don't play that around here - but there are still people that do it. :cool:

Natertot - Runnin Dumb (Rico's dad) and a couple of other guys I ride with from kentuckyriders.com work for the Air National Guard here in Louisville, you should PM them over at our site and exchange stories - they are "Cumberland" and "Tacoma Tuff" over there...

remlapr
10-31-2003, 11:47 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
been there did that :p

http://www.imagestation.com/picture/sraid86/p276c41abd479dd1362479d011c3e675a/fab0181a.jpg

:eek:

wilkin250r
10-31-2003, 11:56 AM
Well I have a government job:D Air National Guard. We have had a guy bring his car in and get fired a long time ago so I don't think I want to even try to ask. Plus our upper management hates us right now because of some crazy reason.

yeah, those government jobs really aren't too keen on personal projects. That's too bad.

I do personal projects all the time. I bring in my lab work because the equipment I have in my lab is MUCH better than the stuff they have at the university. I'm helping a guy design a helmet tachometer, and we plan on bringing the bike into the lab and hook it up to the oscilloscope. Once we have a design, my boss says he'll OK our plant in China to build it up for me.

Maybe I'm just spoiled...

AndrewRRR
10-31-2003, 12:17 PM

Take your quad to work, cover it with a canvas that says "Top Secret" on it and refer to it as "project zulu" whenever the brass comes around. lol :p

Natertot426ex
10-31-2003, 12:24 PM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
Take your quad to work, cover it with a canvas that says "Top Secret" on it and refer to it as "project zulu" whenever the brass comes around. lol :p

HMMMMMMM!! Good thought. I'll try it:blah:

Jesusraptor
10-31-2003, 12:55 PM
Don't fret my little Nater Tot!! In just a few short hours we will be scaring little kids up and down your street. So just be patient and it will all be good. P.s. Nate rocks!!!!
:macho

Natertot426ex
10-31-2003, 12:58 PM
Originally posted by Jesusraptor
Don't fret my little Nater Tot!! In just a few short hours we will be scaring little kids up and down your street. So just be patient and it will all be good. P.s. Nate rocks!!!!
:macho

You are such a gomer. Everyone watch out for this guy he is nothing but trouble:D

Jesusraptor
10-31-2003, 01:24 PM
Hey i see it says your a "senior member" does that mean you get to ride with the old guys? And do you get a handicap sticker as well?:blah:

Natertot426ex
10-31-2003, 01:30 PM
At least I don't ride the short bus you weak gaymaha rider:D :D :D

Dune Surfer
10-31-2003, 01:43 PM
We do all of our quad repairs and upgrades at my friends house. He has tons of tools, air compressor, lighting, everything you would ever need to rebuild a quad or car for that matter. I'll be over there this weekend if my Pred replacement parts come in.

Natertot426ex
10-31-2003, 01:46 PM
You'll be over here?:confused:

Dune Surfer
10-31-2003, 01:59 PM
I"ll be at my friend Felix's down here fixing my Pred after my encounter with a sand rail:eek2:

Natertot426ex
10-31-2003, 02:02 PM
Oh I miss read what you said. I thought it said you were coming up here. I must be dislexic:blah: Well hopefully you get your stuff so you can get out there and hit it once again.

remlapr
10-31-2003, 02:10 PM
Originally posted by Dune Surfer
I"ll be at my friend Felix's down here fixing my Pred after my encounter with a sand rail:eek2:

Don't mean to hijack the thread, but what happened?? I came within about a foot of being taken out by a rail buggy back in the spring...

Jesusraptor
10-31-2003, 02:24 PM
Well you just wait till I get a pipe them we will see what's up between the Beast and the Homo-nda. That's right I got some names up my sleeve too sissy. Ohh Yeah I was goign to bring my Jason mask and Chain saw and chase kids, but the wife got mad so we will have to find other sources of entertainment.
:confused: :huh :mad:

Natertot426ex
10-31-2003, 02:26 PM
Originally posted by Jesusraptor
Well you just wait till I get a pipe them we will see what's up between the Beast and the Homo-nda. That's right I got some names up my sleeve too sissy. Ohh Yeah I was goign to bring my Jason mask and Chain saw and chase kids, but the wife got mad so we will have to find other sources of entertainment.
:confused: :huh :mad:

ENTERTAINMENT!! let me say one word. KASEY. As soon as I get my quad fixed we need to go ride. Sound like a plan?

seatec
10-31-2003, 02:29 PM
ooooooh i feel a showdown comming on. Remeber, it never happened if there is no footage.

Jesusraptor
10-31-2003, 02:33 PM
I totally spaced that Kasey way coming. We are going to have a great time tonight. And Ok we will go riding. there is a guy that lives real close to me that has 2 banshee's I always think about stopping a seeing where he rides, if I see him out some day i will.

p.s. we need to get jake on here.

ZSK
10-31-2003, 03:22 PM

Pappy what is it that you do? Or are supposed to do?

Pappy
10-31-2003, 04:21 PM
Originally posted by cleanshave300ex
Pappy what is it that you do? Or are supposed to do?

all i do anymore is trouble shoot the company i work for. answer questions...make decisions ..blah blah blah

we have been slow for the last 2 years but its getting busy again.

Dune Surfer
10-31-2003, 04:33 PM
Originally posted by remlapr
Don't mean to hijack the thread, but what happened?? I came within about a foot of being taken out by a rail buggy back in the spring...

Look for a thread titled "glamis three weeks in a row"