PDA

View Full Version : Y would u remove the choke??

speedy
10-30-2003, 08:42 PM
Y would u remove the choke??:confused:

cals400ex
10-30-2003, 08:58 PM
they claim that this will give better throttle response because of a little more airflow. i have had it out and i recently put it back in. mine doesn't seem to want to start with no choke. also, i didn't notice a power increase.

zfire_28
10-31-2003, 12:07 AM
removing the choke must allow more air in because when i removed mine i needed to rejet

mine starts every time without fail if I pump the throttle 4-6 times before i push start.

RED121572
10-31-2003, 06:29 AM
With the set up below, Ive got a one size bigger pilot jet w/ the choke removed. Mine starts better now, than when the machine was brand new.

I didnt notice any performance difference with the choke removed.

RED

brandonpeake
10-31-2003, 06:49 AM
if u pull ur carb apart lie u are going to jet it, u can see how much air flow it restricts, mine would not start somtimes without the choke

10-31-2003, 08:23 AM
With the choke in the carb you have a butterfly attached to a rod going thru the middle of the carb. Removing it allows the flow of air to move thru the carb smoother. Look at it this way. If you have clogged drain pipe. Water will not flow thru the pipe smoothly because of the obstruction in the way, correct?? Remove the clog and water will flow faster. same way with the choke in a carb. It restricting air flow. My opinion is that removing the choke gives better throttle response but does not add anymore power. If you do remove it a 42 pilot jet is required to help with starting.