PDA

View Full Version : shift fork/bottom end

alwaysbroke
10-30-2003, 08:38 PM
Hello, just curious. Wide open when trying to shift into third gear it wont go in, (yes im using clutch and letting off throttle). if i slow dont then It will shift. I believe I have a bent shift fork, and am curious if anyone has taken the bottom end apart to do this, and was it a real pain in the butt. Any pointers or suggestions I would appreciatte it. Paul

fitethesystom
01-13-2006, 10:48 PM
Check your CLUTCH ADJUSTMENT, if the CLUTCH isnt DISENGAGING it simply WONT slide into the gear smoothly DO NOT FORCE IT or you will BEND the fork. Try that first.....

Honestly I would adjust it alot.... see if it fixes it, then work it back in slowely until it's premium, if that doesn't then i'm sorry you have some bad news coming your way... Seem's like they can't build anything rigt these days.

400exstud
01-15-2006, 02:55 PM
Hello, just curious. Wide open when trying to shift into third gear it wont go in, (yes im using clutch and letting off throttle). if i slow dont then It will shift. I believe I have a bent shift fork, and am curious if anyone has taken the bottom end apart to do this, and was it a real pain in the butt. Any pointers or suggestions I would appreciatte it. Paul

mine does the same thing. i have no idea what it is

fitethesystom
01-15-2006, 05:21 PM
should you be able to go through all your gears with the engine off in a still state?