PDA

View Full Version : what wheels?

bone705
10-30-2003, 08:25 PM
i have a 300ex and i am trying to set it up for XC this winter so ill be ready to go in the summer. i was looking a beadlocks but they are freakin expensive. i was thinking of maybe getting beadlocks for the rear and maybe something else for the front. any suggestions? also what offset should i get for the front? i am running a 400 front end.

ReconRider25
10-30-2003, 08:29 PM
maybe douglas .190's and id go with a 4/1 offset

Texan32
10-31-2003, 05:27 AM
if you have a remote chance that you are going to get into actual racing, it would be VERY wise of you to save up for good wheels. Factory wheels are actually quite strong. I have run stockers, .190's, and now the ITP Baja's. The .190's (though fairly thick) will "taco" in a heart beat. After only 6 months if play racing (not hitting any real jumps) both of my rear .190's were buckled up. At very least, you are going to want to run a rolled bead.

I am currently running factory wheels with factory tires for playing. I also have a set of Holeshots on a set of ITP Baja's for when i MX. This gives me the best of both worlds. I don't have to burn of the softies if want to go blasting through the woods. And 18's loos lots of clearance. If you go thorough Rockymountain, the Baja's will run you an extra 100 bucks on top of the "kit" price. I know the Baja's are not a "true" race ring setup since they are just rolled into the bead, but they are working out EXTREEMLY well for me thus far.

For the fronts...since you are already running the 400 componants, i would think that 4/1 would be a good choice. If you think you want a little more width, the 3/2 isn't bad either. Honestly, going from stock fronts to the 3/2 wheel, i felt little if no difference. But then again, i think factory fronts actually measure out to be 3.5/1.5. So, the difference is minimal.

Just my $.02

ThorR88
10-31-2003, 12:09 PM
if i were you for runing xc get hole shot xcr or razers!:macho

2003 400ex yellow
ac ppro peg nerfs
ac front bumber
alluimiun air box diamond plated
cut hmf pipe
lonestar +4 axel
lonestar+2 a arms chrome
carbon hood