10-30-2003, 07:41 PM
can it make u sick?

Chanman420q
10-30-2003, 07:50 PM
LOL

probobly.......... why did u drink some?:eek2:

kicken250x
10-30-2003, 07:52 PM
naah i didnt drink any but like...i feel like chit now and thats waht i think it is because i was spraying it in my motor trying to get it to start in my building and i think the fumes messed with me pretty bad cause i feel high and i have a REALLY bad head ach and feel like im gonna barf all over the place

nacs400ex
10-30-2003, 07:54 PM
yeah, I think you inhaled a bit too much. :eek2: I wouldnt be too worried.

Pappy
10-30-2003, 07:54 PM
make sure you stay in a well ventalated room

puke if need be....and if you still feel bad in 10 minutes seek some medical help. you have a contact buzz from the chemicals in the starter fluid. some people react very badly to certain chemicals and it can do permanent brain and lung damage.

Woodsrider
10-30-2003, 07:55 PM
LMAO you sure you weren't sprayin it in a baggie and huffing it?

Just go get some fresh air outside, and breath deep too!

kicken250x
10-30-2003, 07:57 PM
this happend at like 2 hrs ago....... i just came in can got in the shower because i felt like ****, i ate something and am drinking alot of water and im starting to feel better so i dont think its nothing to wory about...i hope...

kicken250x
10-30-2003, 07:58 PM
Originally posted by soggyrider
LMAO you sure you weren't sprayin it in a baggie and huffing it?

Just go get some fresh air outside, and breath deep too!

naah lol it has a big scull and cross bones on the side of the can so thats the last thing im going to do with it lol

Narly R
10-30-2003, 08:01 PM
Dang dude, hope ya feel better, get fresh air, and be carful, call sumone if it dont get better soon!

kicken250x
10-30-2003, 08:04 PM
my mom just called poison controle and they told me to do exactly what im already doing, get something on my stomach and drink alot of water and if i dont feel better in 30 min go to the emergancy room. they said if i was having trouble breathing then to go NOW but im not and i have no swelling so they said to do that but im starting to feel better so i think im gonna be good. thanks for the quick responses! later guys

kicken250x
10-30-2003, 08:06 PM
oh, and they told me not to spray starter fluid in the building any more lol i feel dumb hahaha:rolleyes:

SGA
10-31-2003, 01:10 PM
If I can remember correctly, starting fluid is ether, thats the stuff they put you to sleep with for operations.
Just use it out side, its powerful stuff.
One time I was using it on a dirtbike, it was about dark so I stuck my face close to the carburetor to see to give it a squirt. Well, I pushed the button and the spray nozzle was aimed right at my eye, about 6 inches away. That stuff burnt like a mofo for about ten seconds.:D

steveatv3
10-31-2003, 01:36 PM
LOL well i was just doing the same thing like a week ago and i was so messed up i was trippin over my own feet!

SGA
10-31-2003, 04:25 PM
Originally posted by steveatv3
LOL well i was just doing the same thing like a week ago and i was so messed up i was trippin over my own feet!
Nobody get any ideas about that. Starting fluid is bad stuff. Read about some idiot last year that put some in a bag and inhaled it to get high. They found him dead in his bedroom.

Glamis400ex
10-31-2003, 05:28 PM
carb cleaner is almost the same stuff. One time I was cleaning all the gunk out of my carb and I had the main jet in my hand. I shot some cleaner thru that little straw they give you, and since the main jet hole is so tiny on the other side, the force of the spray shot it right back into my eye....NOT PLEASANT!:huh Burned like a SOB.

Glamis