PDA

View Full Version : cable help

ScrnNmsSUCK
10-30-2003, 03:30 PM
Does anyone know if a firewire cable will only hook up to an apple or is there a way to connect it to a pc. Cause im tryin to connect my video camera to my computer but cant seem to find the right cable and the camrea didnt come wit one.

310Rduner
10-30-2003, 04:21 PM
You can hook it up to a Pc but you will need to buy a firewire port. Unless your pc came specifically with a firewire port, the chances are it doesn't have it. Most of the ports for pc's are usb 1.1, or Usb 2.0. Only the newer computers really come with firewire.

It just goes into one of your PCI slots I believe, and you can plug it in then. I have seen the firewire, and Usb 2.0 ports going for $50 brand new, so you could probably find one cheaper on ebay, or if you just look around.

SGA
10-30-2003, 09:34 PM
I bought a firewire card to hook my DV camera up to my PC. Got it a Circuit City.
Says Dazzle DV editor on the box. Came with a firewire PCI card, cord to hook to camera, and a program for making your own videos. USB did not cut it to upload to the computer (too slow), so i had to get the firewire card. about 50 bucks or so.

JLanphear
10-31-2003, 07:04 AM
Yeah, the other guys are right.....I bought my firewire card w/cable for $15 the net...it wasn't off of ebay...I can't remember the site....I think it may have been something like www.overstock.com