PDA

View Full Version : Racing Coverage

Pappy
10-30-2003, 08:21 AM
well the 12 hour race coverage was huge success. and with that in mind....i figured id ask what other things you think we could do to better cover the races. i donated a laptop and both harlen and i will be buying higher end digital slr's for pictures of the action. its a bit to soon to recruit more help but i know we will looking for better coverage of the gnc series as well.

just keeping yall informed of the happenings and looking forward to your suggestions and comments

Pappy

10-30-2003, 08:23 AM
YAY!! that 12 hour race coverage was sweet...it was like being there almost :eek2:

Pappy
10-30-2003, 08:28 AM
Originally posted by Crazy400exMan
...it was like being there almost :eek2:

the laptop will have satelite uplink so coverage should be only a minute or two behind the race:eek:

Admin
10-30-2003, 08:39 AM
Thanks, Pappy for the Laptop! :)

I think I have found all the problems with the laptop and I will be ordering the parts. The Bios version on the laptop was its main problem, so I am updating it.

One man's problem, is another man's adventure!

Pappy
10-30-2003, 08:40 AM
i dont know from bios:o as long as it works :D

10-30-2003, 09:02 AM
Originally posted by EXriders Admin
Thanks, Pappy for the Laptop! :)

I think I have found all the problems with the laptop and I will be ordering the parts. The Bios version on the laptop was its main problem, so I am updating it.

One man's problem, is another man's adventure!

Harlen you should be able to download a flash bios update from the Manuf..

I guess I'll try doing some coverage also. I'll be running the morning class so I could cover some afternoon race action. But you know this will cut into my drinkin time so you'll have to compensate me somehow..:o

John Pellan is gonna be PO'd when we have better coverage of races than ********.com...:eek:

bradley300
10-30-2003, 09:08 AM
this sounda like a great idea! i cant wait to see some of this! especially the gnc's, i never go to them, but i like hearing about them

10-30-2003, 09:46 AM
i live right by loretta lynns & I have never even been there :(

Ryan
10-30-2003, 10:52 AM
Originally posted by Rico

John Pellan is gonna be PO'd when we have better coverage of races than ********.com...:eek:

I hear that :scary:

LTandRaptorider
10-30-2003, 01:52 PM
It was great coverage, and to think it will get better from here!! :)

Where I work, I see technicians rotating out end of lease computer equipment, including servers. I'm thinking, hmmm... what you guys could do with a couple of servers! :devil:

XANDADA
10-30-2003, 01:59 PM
looking forward to it. Now if I could just post pictures:devil:

jja125
10-30-2003, 03:02 PM
i'll be at most of the gncc's with my gf taking pictures in the a.m. while i'm racing, and then i'll be taking pics of the p.m. race on my digi cam - just need somebody to post them for me. i have a spare laptop but its kind of old and no sattelite/cell phone capabilities

Admin
10-30-2003, 03:44 PM
Originally posted by jja125
i'll be at most of the gncc's with my gf taking pictures in the a.m. while i'm racing, and then i'll be taking pics of the p.m. race on my digi cam - just need somebody to post them for me. i have a spare laptop but its kind of old and no sattelite/cell phone capabilities

Your help with taking pictures would be great! I am going to need atleast three people at everyrace to make this happen smoothly.

popo
10-30-2003, 05:30 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
I hear that :scary:

I don't think John will be pissed off . He's a great contributor to atv racing.

Try organizing a 12hr race and deal with the politics,funding etc.