PDA

View Full Version : Shocks matching the A-arms

416exmx
10-29-2003, 10:03 PM
Does it matter what type of a-arm is used with your shocks. i have +3 LT Houser a-arms and Axis shocks. can i switch to Roll, Walsh, Gibson or a differnet design a-arm and the shocks perform the same. Kinda a hard question to explain but i guess what it comes down to is: are shocks valved for the certain a-arms you run providing they are same width, just different style??

10-30-2003, 07:57 AM
For the correct ride I"d have to say the shocks need to be setup for that particular brand of A-arm, especially LT a-arms. I'm sure it will work but I've read on here before and i think it was Forum, had problems with his elka shocks. Come to find out the shocks were built for a set of arms that he was not using. Forum if it's not you sorry your name just came to mind..:cool:

norrisboat
10-30-2003, 08:20 AM
True, It will effect it. All you have to do is just send the shocks back and get them revalved for that particular aarm manufacturer.

bradley300
10-30-2003, 09:04 AM
i wasnt aware that a-arms were that muche diiferent

10-30-2003, 09:57 AM
Yeah, different arms can have big differences, shocks run in lengths from @ 16.25 inches to 19 inches and companies may even use different leverage ratios as well, so be sure at least the shoks are the right length, then worry about valving.:macho

416exmx
11-01-2003, 11:18 AM
mrbluehair- yeah i am a little more advanced than that... so you guys think that it really does make a difference??? hmmm i dont know if when ordering LT shocks i have ever been asked what design of a-arm i was running. another question, are the shocks on the loboII the same 19 1/4" shocks as most LT's, or are they 18 3/4". i have heard both but have never owned a lobo... i am wanting to go with either a roll or walsh front end.