PDA

View Full Version : Duncan double barrel help!!!!

mopar 400
02-08-2002, 10:00 AM
Well I just got the duncan double barrel exhaust, I was wondering if any of you guys have one? I am looking for a Spark Arrestor for it???????? I spoke with Duncan this morning and all they offered was to call Advantage Parts. They make the DMC exhaust. They also made the DR. I asked them if they made a spark arestor for the Duncan pipe, and the guy told me they did not. Then I asked him if the DMC SA would work, since the two pipes are basically the same pipe, and he said that he did not believe they would. Any help would be awesome. Thanks guys.

400MXer
02-08-2002, 10:30 AM
But that's really odd.........in they offer a spark arrestor for the double barrel in thier catalog. And i've seen a spark arrestor on some bikes with the DR.

that's really odd

MOOCAZEN
02-08-2002, 10:41 AM
They supposedly dont make that pipe anymore thats why they dont have any spark arrestors for it, also the dmc would not fit because the alien is ovaled, try a spark arrestor for the dmc header slip on that one should be the same

400MXer
02-08-2002, 10:49 AM
MOOCAZEN

Do you have a duncan catalog? What does the cover look like. I'm not sure if i'm looking at a new one or not.

MOOCAZEN
02-08-2002, 11:04 AM
newset catalog is one with travis spader on a yellow and red banshee it says catalog no.20. They take awhile to update there things there. hey 400mxer, if your sponsored by them you should get me some stuff from there, im barely going to start racing so i dont have results from them. i ant to get the new pipe you should find out how much you can get it for and tell them im going to see u, so i can pick it up and pay for it:D just an idea:D I live like 15 mints away:cool:

MOOCAZEN
02-08-2002, 11:14 AM
my 400 looks just like the 250r in the back with the black beadlocks but mine are the carbon and i have a 250r carbon hood, it looks just the same, damn i've been trying to find someone to post pics

mopar 400
02-08-2002, 11:44 AM
Moocazen you think the slip on SA might work from the DMC... Is it worth ordering for seventy bucks to give it a try? What do you think? I need to get a SA for this thing so I can ride it at my local riding area.

MOOCAZEN
02-08-2002, 11:50 AM
take the pipe to the store, but rememebr it has to be the dmc lip on with the blue stickers not the alien one, the alien is smaller on bottom of rear, im sure the dr is evenly ovaled, right? thats how the dmc slip on is, evenly ovaled

mopar 400
02-08-2002, 11:55 AM
Yeah the DR is evenly ovaled. It looks exactly like the DMC slip on all the way around. The only difference that I can see is the back says DR and not DMC. If they are made to by the same company, why the heck would they tell me there is no spark arestor for it.

mopar 400
02-08-2002, 12:56 PM
Well for anyone looking to get the spark arrestor for the DR pipe, I finally found out which one fits. I spoke with the lady at Duncan whom orders all the parts for them, and found the part number is the same as the DMC "2k" spark arrestor. With one more call to Rocky Mountain, I was able to go ahead and order the part #25900-00 from them for $50.99. Hope this works......:D :grr

400MXer
02-08-2002, 02:30 PM
Well congrats' on finally finding a spark arrestor.

MOOCAZEN
I have that same catalog. You only live 15min away. That's sweet. I wish i lived 15min away from a world class quad place. All i have is dealerships that don't carry anything that i want.
That red 250r is pretty sweet.

MOOCAZEN
02-08-2002, 02:38 PM
WAIT TILL I HAVE MY PICS READY, LOOKS PRETTY SWEET, YEAH THEY ARE CLOSE, KIND OF EXPENSIVE, BUT ITS GOOD QUALITY

400MXer
02-08-2002, 10:09 PM
mine will look sweet.....i have +2 laeger a arms(black lower, Chrome Upper) and PEP ZPS shocks on the way. My fischer 416 is going to be done next week. I am going to have a duncan front bumper in a few days, and i have some tag handle bar's in the box, waiting to be installed.

then i want to order a quad tech carbon hood, and seat cover.