PDA

View Full Version : LaBron James is for real.

oldsandman
10-29-2003, 09:21 PM
Watching the kings cavs game...that kid is going to be great!

batgeek
10-29-2003, 09:47 PM
yeah...i must admit i had my doubts, but this kid can play some ball! :D

glad to see he worked on that jumper.

remlapr
10-29-2003, 09:50 PM
I knew there was something I was meaning to watch tonight :mad:

I'm watching it now though

oldsandman
10-29-2003, 10:06 PM
18pts. beggining of 3rd passed Jordan in his first game. I honestly didn't think he would be this good.

JD400exrider
10-29-2003, 11:57 PM
He looks like the real deal. I also had my doubts. After seeing him play tonight he is a good player and will be a great player. Great play for his first game. Just needs to stay healthy and not loose it with all the money and fame.

But, Kings still got the win. :blah:

Baley69
10-30-2003, 01:41 AM
He still isnt going to be rookie of the year.

batgeek
10-30-2003, 01:44 AM
way too early to tell. another rookie may step up and get that...never know :)

Baley69
10-30-2003, 01:56 AM
I would almost bet Carmelo Anthony gets it. Dont get me wrong, James has talent, but the Nuggets are going to be closer to the playoffs than the cavs. Thats what decided it last year.

batgeek
10-30-2003, 02:24 AM
Anthony didn't have as impressive debut as James did.

IMHO, beacuse your team gets to the playoffs shouldn't have any bearing what-so-ever on Rookie of the Year voting. just my opinion though :)

Baley69
10-30-2003, 04:05 AM
Mine too, should be a good season to watch anyway.

jcv400ex
10-30-2003, 05:49 AM
James put on a fine display of basketball last night. The kid is for real, and I think it'll spark the rest of the Cavs. I'm going out on a limb here and gonna say the Cavs will make the playoffs this year.......I think it'll be an exciting year for Cleveland.

tclapp
10-30-2003, 06:43 AM
Lebron had no problem what so eva adjustign from High School ball to NBA that shows true talent, he is goin to be a stud for sure, Carmello Anthony no doubt is a good baller but he didnt show much last nite

XANDADA
10-30-2003, 06:46 AM
Who is Lebron?:devil:

Go Browns!

Jeffksf
10-30-2003, 10:05 AM
I'm still in shock that he actually ended up here!
Something good finally happened to the Cavaliers and Cleveland.
FYI: There was 340 media passes at that game last night!:eek2:

10-30-2003, 10:35 AM
mountain climbing, bull riding and motocross are real sports. Everything else is a silly little game...:D

I don't keep up with any pro sports but is this the guy that caught the baseball and blew the big win fer the cubbies.:confused: LMFAO

Pappy
10-30-2003, 10:41 AM
another brotha being exploited by the man:macho :eek:

10-30-2003, 10:44 AM
We got starvin people everywere and this guy probably gets paid a bazillion dollas cuz he can shoot a ball thru a metal ring...:huh WTF has this world come too..:(

10-30-2003, 10:46 AM
Wrestling (not WWF) is a real sport. Wrestling, Boxing and Racing are sports:macho

monkeyboy
10-30-2003, 10:48 AM
Originally posted by Curt
Wrestling (not WWF) is a real sport. Wrestling, Boxing and Racing are sports:macho

da machoo mann an da hullk hogen iz badazz:bandit:

Ohio R
10-30-2003, 01:27 PM
Originally posted by Rico
We got starvin people everywere and this guy probably gets paid a bazillion dollas cuz he can shoot a ball thru a metal ring...:huh WTF has this world come too..:(

I figure if it wasnt for everyone going to the games, buying his shoes, then he wouldnt be getting a bazillion dollars.

What did Nike give something like 95 million?

kabd69667
10-30-2003, 01:38 PM
Originally posted by Curt

Why do all of you have closed minds?? All sports take talent and a lot of hard work, not just these ones listed above. These athletes are some of the best in the world, i'm sure all of you guys can compete with them:rolleyes:

10-30-2003, 01:55 PM
Originally posted by kabd69667
Why do all of you have closed minds?? All sports take talent and a lot of hard work, not just these ones listed above. These athletes are some of the best in the world, i'm sure all of you guys can compete with them:rolleyes:

I'm not sayin the boy doesn't have talent but the SOB ain't layin golden eggs or anything. What makes this human being worth $100million dollers. I can hand him his *** in a ATV race he can hand me mine in a basketball game. So I think i should be able to get a bazzillion dollers too. He's a guy that can put a round object thru a metal ring. Well who can't. What about all the other players that can do the same. He makes 4 more points and gets 5 more rebounds than the next guy on the team, so he's worth $90 million more dollers..:huh

As i mentioned before, I do not watch any pro sports at all. Pay them guys $150,000 grand a year and make them work their butts off and use commision's to earn the rest of the pay. There's plenty of talented athletes out there that probably are better than this dude but can't get into an area to show their talents. The guy that invinted the wheel is worth a bazillion dollers not this guy or anyone else for that matter.

College sports is were it's at,,these pros are a bunch of big headed over paid chumps that worry about their big high payin image instead of what the game is about..

Dan_Guetter
10-30-2003, 03:04 PM
golf is a real sport, getting paid BANK for hitting a ball with a stick and getting it into a hole in the ground

zephead400ex
10-30-2003, 03:09 PM
I have to agree. However, the fans are the reason why these guys get paid millions of dollars to play. Unfortunatly, these guys (and girls) get paid way to much for only playing a game. College sports are where the real athletes are though. College athletes have heart and usually play as a team, not for individual stats.

peace

F-16Guy
10-30-2003, 03:10 PM
That's great; another high school educated soon-to-be criminal with a six figure income. If these guys were paid for the actual amount of work they do, we'd be able to go to the game, buy a burger, and drink a few beers, all while getting some change back from a $20.:grr:

Jellyrolls
10-30-2003, 03:12 PM
carmelo anthony is rookie of the year

kabd69667
10-30-2003, 04:06 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I'm not sayin the boy doesn't have talent but the SOB ain't layin golden eggs or anything. What makes this human being worth $100million dollers. I can hand him his *** in a ATV race he can hand me mine in a basketball game. So I think i should be able to get a bazzillion dollers too. He's a guy that can put a round object thru a metal ring. Well who can't. What about all the other players that can do the same. He makes 4 more points and gets 5 more rebounds than the next guy on the team, so he's worth $90 million more dollers..:huh

As i mentioned before, I do not watch any pro sports at all. Pay them guys $150,000 grand a year and make them work their butts off and use commision's to earn the rest of the pay. There's plenty of talented athletes out there that probably are better than this dude but can't get into an area to show their talents. The guy that invinted the wheel is worth a bazillion dollers not this guy or anyone else for that matter.

College sports is were it's at,,these pros are a bunch of big headed over paid chumps that worry about their big high payin image instead of what the game is about..

I'm not trying to start a flaming war here, i just think he deserves some respect.
Yes, you could probably beat him in an atv race. but are you one of the best (or soon to be) atv racers in the world?

tclapp
10-30-2003, 05:45 PM
The reason that he is gettin paid that much is the Cav's "expect" him to bring in more fans, money from shirt sales, etc, and TICKET SALES, i know its not right but i mean if ppl would quit goin ot the games and quit buying these guys CHIT then they wouldnt get paid that much, if ATV racign would get the respect and television coverage that it deserves there would be much more money in racing

Pappy
10-30-2003, 05:53 PM
i dont support any of the "big name" sports. too much money for me to wanna spend to watch a bunch of guys get sweaty in front of me. i can sit at home and watch tv for free....and soend my money on cold beer. if some moron wants to pay $50 for nose bleed seats so he can see johnny homeslice bounce a ball by all means go for it....but not me

Quadfather
10-30-2003, 07:55 PM
Originally posted by Shift_DVS
golf is a real sport, getting paid BANK for hitting a ball with a stick and getting it into a hole in the ground

Actually, golf is one of the few professional sports where what you earn ($) is set by how well you perform. Tiger Woods is one of the very, very, very, few golfers making big money on endorsements.

For the rest of the pros, you show up at a tournament (starts Thursday) with 150 other golfers. On Friday, they set a "cut", a score which you must beat to play the weekend, and go home with some money. They set the "cut" at the midpoint of scoring, so approximately half of the golfers are sent home, and the other half play the weekend. If you don't bring your "A" game, you go home with nothing. No golfers can sit on the bench with a hangnail, and still make $210,000 for the tournament. The golfer must pay for a plane ticket to the city hosting the tournament, pay $600.00 to be in said tournament, hotel, meals, drycleaning, ect.......all with the hopes that they do well enough to take home some dough. First place averages around $800,000, last place, if you make the cut, averages about $2,600.

JD400exrider
10-30-2003, 08:41 PM
That is a good post quadfather. It would be nice to see these pro athletes get paid for putting out every night. A base pay $150.000 or so and it increases with performance. I don't care how good they are. No player is worth 10-20 million a year. If you choke you don't get the bank. The guarentee contracts in basketball is a joke. No thanks I watch the kings on my couch with a cold one.

Pappy
10-30-2003, 08:44 PM
everyone else in the world is paid on performance.

rookiex
10-30-2003, 08:49 PM
Yeah they get paid a hell a lot of money, Yes they are very good at what they do but 100 million dollars HAHA not that good. There are people out there everyday who bust there asses 10 times harder than any of them b-ball players could an get paid pennys its just the fact that they get paid for being good at one thing when there are people out there who work so much harder for things an get paid so little I dunno I just think 100 million is a little much thats all.

VIC
10-31-2003, 02:05 AM
If they don't get that money who will? the owners, dont they have enough.
If they can get that kind of money good for them.

F-16Guy
10-31-2003, 02:41 PM
Originally posted by VIC
If they don't get that money who will? the owners, dont they have enough.
If they can get that kind of money good for them.
Who will? How about the ticket holders and Pay-Per-Veiw customers. Wouldn't it be great if the average Joe could afford to rent box seats with his buddies or family once in a while? Those outrageous, rediculous, unfounded, sickening salaries are carried on the backs of sports fans and consumers. Pay them a great salary (more than most could ever hope for), say $200,000 per year, and let the savings be reflected in ticket and concession prices. I hate sports for that very reason; most of those guys are arrogant @ssholes that don't deserve a fraction of what they get paid.:mad:

VIC
10-31-2003, 04:48 PM
You actually think owners would lower ticket prices?