PDA

View Full Version : big bore for trail/mx?

Toadz400
10-29-2003, 07:41 PM
what would be the best big bore to get the most power, but still have great low end for trail riding and great power for mx?

i was thinking a 416 would be okay...but i've ridden one, and it didn't feel like it had much more power...so i was thinking bigger.

any suggestions and websites and prices would be of great help, thanks!

-Neal

trailburner
10-29-2003, 07:49 PM
If I was to do it I would get the 426.....Its big enough to notice a difference but you will still have the "dependability"........ Thats just me....:)

Toadz400
10-29-2003, 07:59 PM
with a 426, you don't have to bore the cylinder do you?

skemp
10-29-2003, 08:21 PM
Yes you do. Hey, if we can ever go riding together you can give mine a try. It might change your mind. :D 416 with all the bells and whistles.

Toadz400
10-29-2003, 08:32 PM
Originally posted by skemp
Yes you do. Hey, if we can ever go riding together you can give mine a try. It might change your mind. :D 416 with all the bells and whistles.

haha, yea man we have to go riding sometime QUICK! there's already snow on the ground!!:eek2:

yea, i rode a 416ex piped out with elkas...the handling was great, lol, but it just didn't feel like it had much more power than a 400ex except for obviously the top end was different.

skemp, how's saturday afternoon sound? i get off work at 1 and could probably stop down at the traprock and we could go riding there, i'd love to try out your 416 and see if it's any different from my friend's that i rode....oh and also, don't let the kid on the blaster ride your 416 :D (haha, that's what you get mike...)

skemp
10-29-2003, 08:38 PM
Well, I can check with Max about Saturday, the only thing is that I have to go to Eden Prairie on Saturday to sign some papers on my new apartment. If I can get back here at a decent time, maybe we can go. Otherwise, Sunday is a possibility. You are right about the snow on the ground. I just caught myself uncovering my new sled and starting it up. Is is that time already? :D

Toadz400
10-29-2003, 08:44 PM
Originally posted by skemp
Well, I can check with Max about Saturday, the only thing is that I have to go to Eden Prairie on Saturday to sign some papers on my new apartment. If I can get back here at a decent time, maybe we can go. Otherwise, Sunday is a possibility. You are right about the snow on the ground. I just caught myself uncovering my new sled and starting it up. Is is that time already? :D

yea, i wish i had some decent sleds, all mine are from the 70's....i'm still wondering if i should go for this one deal this guy offered me...rebuilt '89 310R and a '97 just rebuilt piped out AC ZR440 snowmobile for my 400ex, straight up trade....the sled is faster than hell too, i rode it a few years back.

if saturday doesn't work for you, sunday works for me. as long as it's after 1. well, hope to hear from ya'.

- Neal

flyin#5
10-30-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Toadz400
haha, yea man we have to go riding sometime QUICK! there's already snow on the ground!!:eek2:

yea, i rode a 416ex piped out with elkas...the handling was great, lol, but it just didn't feel like it had much more power than a 400ex except for obviously the top end was different.

skemp, how's saturday afternoon sound? i get off work at 1 and could probably stop down at the traprock and we could go riding there, i'd love to try out your 416 and see if it's any different from my friend's that i rode....oh and also, don't let the kid on the blaster ride your 416 :D (haha, that's what you get mike...)

*shakes head* 400ex when i was 12 b!tch! the blasty is just for whoopin 400's *** on the track and seeing the look on there faces:devil: :blah:

im not sure whats going on with me this weekend but id love to come riding. ill be getting my new back shock sunday but i have to make a special mount for it. someone just tell me when were going.. ill try to make it.