PDA

View Full Version : Alpinestar tech-6 Vs. M-6

cbrown400ex
02-08-2002, 07:47 AM
I went and tried on boots and I really liked how the tech-6 felt and buckeled. They didn't have any m-6, but they did have an m-4. I really didn't like how the buckle had to slide up the strap. It is hard to explain but if you've seen the boots you know what I'm talking about. The salesman told me that the m series is more for xc racing and the tech series is more for mx racing. I went ahead and ordered a pair of tech-6's. $40 cheaper than my local shop. I figured that I should go with the one I liked more and felt was more confortable, even if it is for mx and I am going to be racing xc. Is there any big difference between the two? And Is that the decision you would have made? Or is the m series the boot to have in xc racing?

This may be the wrong forum. If it is please move it to the right one. Thanks CJ

02-08-2002, 08:03 AM
This may be the wrong forum, but I figured they go on the riders body. If it is please move it to the right one. Thanks CJ

ummm... oh, nevermind!

cbrown400ex
02-08-2002, 08:07 AM
Johnny you lost me there.

What I meant by that is if I posted in the worng forum would a mod please move it to the right one.

oynot400
02-08-2002, 10:12 AM
The last time I was at the Honda shop they were trying to sell me a pair of Teck-6's I don't know much about them, they were compfy but I thought they look a little bulky for riding. I don't know I guess if I was going to spend $225 it was going to be a performance item not a pair of boots. I alread have a pair of Thors that I use and I think that they work ok.

400MXer
02-08-2002, 10:45 AM
I have M-4's right now....but want some Tech 6's or even 8's.(but who wants to spend 300 on boots) My friend has Tech 6's and i tried them on and rode around with them. They are great...much more comfortable than my M4. And i think the tech8 would be better yet. They have a little ankle bootie thing that is supposed to be awsome.

But, you made a good choice with the tech6. you will be happy(but i'm jelous because i want a pair)

cbrown400ex
02-08-2002, 10:49 AM
Yea I tried on the tech-8 and they are the $hit. But like you said it is almost $300. I talked myself into spending $60 more to get the tech-6's instead of the m-4's, but I couldn't justify the next $60 for the 8's. You can find tech 8's online with free shipping for about $290. My local shop has them for $325.