PDA

View Full Version : Got robbed last night

remlapr
10-29-2003, 04:40 PM
My wife's company's office condo was burglarized last night. *******s stole all the flat panel monitors and a couple of the computers, along with some other crap like CD's and stuff. They destroyed some files cabinets that were locked, but they just had files in them. They even destroyed the safe and stole a bunch of checks out of it - but they won't really be able to do anything with them and there wasn't any cash or anything in there. For some reason they didn't steal the server, which is worth way more then the PC's the did take - guess they didn't want to have to try to carry the big SOB. They hit three other office condos in the area and took pretty much the same crap. It's all insured - but damn it makes me :mad:

*edit* - I'll try to post a pic of the safe tomorrw, they really went to work on that thing....

Chino
10-29-2003, 04:45 PM
sorry to hear about that remlapr. to bad the didnt' get caught in a DCS Trap huh......just adding a lil humor to ur bad day:D

Pappy
10-29-2003, 04:57 PM
well that sucks:mad:

DEAL
10-29-2003, 05:07 PM
Why can't everyone just earn an honest living and not steal.

10-29-2003, 05:29 PM
damn that sucks i almost got robbed but the retards dont know how to pull start a quad so the tried pushing it. when i looked in the garage and my quad was missing i felt like killing someone luckily i found it.

Guy400
10-29-2003, 05:37 PM
What kind of safe was it? The company I work for is probably the world's best safe maker (IMHO). We just got done doing the new safe for the Bill of Rights, the Constitution and the Declaration of Independance. We had a bank break-in and the thieves carried a Sawzall, electric cut-off wheel and a grinder in with them. When the bank personnel came in the next morning they found all the power tools sitting on the floor where the thieves got frustrated and just left. We had minor cosmetic damage to the ATM chest and to the bank vault but nothing even close to compromising the integrity of the equipment. They worked all night to simply put shiny spots on our steel:D

Woodsrider
10-29-2003, 05:56 PM
Thats a bummer:( My safe comes with a lifetime warranty against attempted theft or breakin. The manufacture will repair or replace the safe and ALL of its contents in the event of a break in. Any damage done to the safe resulting from an attempt to break in will be repaired free of charge.

remlapr
10-29-2003, 06:35 PM
I'm not sure what brand of safe it is - but it's a POS. My wife only paid about $600 for it I think. They really only got it because they were required to by the company they underwrite through.

Jackie
10-29-2003, 07:04 PM
Sounds like someone knew what was there, could have been an employee or ex-employee. This is such an invasion of privacy.

crazybuffalo
10-29-2003, 07:36 PM
that sux did they catch them yet

killed300ex
10-29-2003, 07:46 PM
that sucks my freinds mom got her car stolen last ngiht as well. They stole their jeep and on the way out they hit the mailbox stoped and stole that as well lol kinda odd but ohh well feel bad for both of you
killed

Narly R
10-29-2003, 07:47 PM
DANG! I HATE robbers! Just kids at school that always begg for money and want food, and crab stuff and run off and things, Im about to get really pissed. If U cought the little SOB's I would kill them!:grr:

Hope ya find them man!:grr: :mad:

TGW_400ex
10-29-2003, 07:57 PM
need to make one of them neighborhood watch squads:devil:

popo
10-30-2003, 02:22 AM
I love cathing these turds in action, the sad part is the lame *** court system just laughs in your face and the victims.

I sometimes wonder why I like my job.

Remlapr, Sorry to hear about your lose. The worst part after being robbed, is going thru the pain of dealing with insurance claims etc.

remlapr
10-30-2003, 07:42 AM
Originally posted by popo
I love cathing these turds in action, the sad part is the lame *** court system just laughs in your face and the victims.

I sometimes wonder why I like my job.

Remlapr, Sorry to hear about your lose. The worst part after being robbed, is going thru the pain of dealing with insurance claims etc.

Thanks Popo and everyone else. To us the worst part was the invasion of privacy - they dumped out my wifes files and desk drawers all over the place and basically made a mess of everyones offices. A couple of people have asked me who she works for - she works for herself, her and another woman own the company that's why it sucks so bad. :mad:

The local police were really cool though - they made us wait outside for about 3 hours while they dusted everything, took video and pictures, ect. It's in a really nice part of town with a lot of businesses so I'm sure they aren't happy about it either.

But you know - I read the thread about motowoz and it gave me some perspective, this is nothing compare to what he is going through :(