PDA

View Full Version : stock jet with new pipe

Foxyangel0425
10-29-2003, 04:21 PM
after installing a HMF slip on to the 300ex. i installed the new jet that they supplied and the quad ran poorly and was hard to start. so tonight i installed the stock jet and the bike runs good. has this happened to anyone else, just wondering

ryanh250ex
10-29-2003, 06:03 PM
i'm not speaking from first hand experience, but alot of people that run hmf pipes complain that their jetting specs are way rich.

alot of people run hmf pipes here, just look for people that have your pipe and ask them what they did about jetting.

i'd help you more, but i'm not familiar with 300ex jetting specs so that's all i can say for now.

hope i've helped.

later,
Ryan

Andy Lagzdins
10-29-2003, 06:07 PM
Foxy- What is your stock main jet size, and what is the jet size that came with the pipe? What other modifications are done to your quad?

sbexrider4life
10-30-2003, 11:29 AM
if the stock jet on ur quad is a 122 most likely it is
but if ur just running th pipe then id go wit heither a 125 or 128 if your running an air filter .
with my pipe im running now i am running a 130 jet

redrunner
10-30-2003, 08:04 PM
I did the same HMF pipe ran the stock jet for awhile then put in the one that came from them, I think a 128. The only adjustment for me from there was the fuel mix screw a little here and there after it was warm. Got it to idle pretty good and no popping at decel. Has been running super. Did you do filter too? It needs air to live!!