PDA

View Full Version : Durablue lowering strut

4TraxRider
10-29-2003, 12:04 PM
Hey, i've been meaning to ask if the Dura-blue lowering strut is worth it, and can it be used in conjunction with a ZPS style rear shock. Does it make the frame bottom out, or reduce ride quality or shock travel? Getting another new 400ex ready for MX next year and wondering if it's worth the 150$ or not. Thanks.

K_Fulk
10-29-2003, 01:27 PM
I wouldn't get one unless you were racing tt or flat track. I had one and it would bottom out on even the smallest jumps.

wilkin250r
10-29-2003, 02:25 PM
The whole purpose of ZPS shocks is that you can lower the ride height without sacrificing the performance of the shock.

So if you have ZPS, you don't need the lowering strut.

Yes, it will make the shock bottom out easier. Even worse, the swingarm could possibly hit the airbox, or the brake caliper could hit the exhaust BEFORE the shock bottoms out.

So, they are a cheap way to lower the ride height, I recomend them for TT, but I do NOT (and I can't stress this enough) do NOT NOT NOT recomend them for MX.

If you want to lower your ride height for MX, ZPS is the only way to go.

4TraxRider
10-29-2003, 03:10 PM
Alright thanks, thats what I needed to know.

bmw500hp
10-30-2003, 12:31 PM
Originally posted by 4TraxRider
Hey, i've been meaning to ask if the Dura-blue lowering strut is worth it, and can it be used in conjunction with a ZPS style rear shock. Does it make the frame bottom out, or reduce ride quality or shock travel? Getting another new 400ex ready for MX next year and wondering if it's worth the 150$ or not. Thanks.

I have a strut on mine and Like it!. As a matter of fact, I love it
1 I like the quad down low. Does it bottom out, well yeah, once in a while, but the stability is greatly improved and 2 wheeling is a thing of the past. The quad also does real well on hills and is great on off cambers.

In regards to strength, the stut has been through a full season of local hairscrambes before i got a hold of it and I have ridden it hard for the better part of the summer.

I am not running a zps style shock however and that does move the question into another area. I have Axis fronts and a PEP respring on the rear.

Just use a spacer to keep from denting your pipe with the caliper. My airbox has very little sign of being hit. I say try it. It changes alot for small amount of $ :D i have a pic with the strut

markeg192
10-30-2003, 05:41 PM
I got one and like it. But mine is a CFM Performance that sells for $69 on ebay.

nacs400ex
10-30-2003, 07:48 PM
I have a durablue lower strut for the R. I havent used it yet. Due to the fact its in peices. But I dont plan on using it to lower it if its gunna smash out the airbox. I will probably put it similar to stock length.