PDA

View Full Version : pilot jet

sickmojave
10-29-2003, 07:27 AM
do you have to remove the carb to change the pilot jet?

10-29-2003, 07:51 AM
NO.

Loosen both airboots. Remove the rubber hose coming off the crank case that ties back into the airboot by the airbox. Tilt the carb to the side as much as possible. Remove the 4 screws on the bottom and you'll be able to get to it. I"ve never removed my carb for any jetting, removing the choke, etc, etc, etc,..:cool:

sickmojave
10-29-2003, 07:55 AM
Thank you!

stupid driver
10-29-2003, 08:47 PM
Damn, ya didnt remove the carb when ya ditched the choke? you is talented Rico. I tried to do it with it still on the bike, and i ended up throwing most of my tools across the garage after about 5 minutes. :o

JOEX
10-29-2003, 09:49 PM
Originally posted by stupid driver
Damn, ya didnt remove the carb when ya ditched the choke? you is talented Rico. I tried to do it with it still on the bike, and i ended up throwing most of my tools across the garage after about 5 minutes. :o
I bet Rico just had one of his ******es do it for him:devil: :D

Joe

Narly R
10-29-2003, 10:19 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I bet Rico just had one of his ******es do it for him:devil: :D

Joe

LMGDAO!!!!!! I need to find one that will acually turn renches!:uhoh:

10-30-2003, 07:40 AM

I did remove the airbox and airboot when i removed the choke.:cool:

stupid driver
10-30-2003, 07:05 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I did remove the airbox and airboot when i removed the choke.:cool:

ahh gotcha. I will never forget the night i took out my choke. I still dont know why honda would put such $hitty screws on this bike. they strip faster than brittany spears when ya wave a twenty in fronta her

10-31-2003, 08:27 AM
they strip faster than brittany spears when ya wave a twenty in fronta her

That's $20 that would be well spent i think..:D