PDA

View Full Version : dura blue or axcalibur

Honda5
10-29-2003, 06:00 AM
dont be mad but my 450r will be in soon and i'm trying to decide on which axle to get the lonestar,eliminator or the x-33 .I have nerfs, bumpers,hiper rims,kenda tires and steering stem with anti-vibe on order (oh yes, it is going to be a merry christmas)

10-29-2003, 07:55 AM
Movin this to the suspension forum..

Axcaliber over the durablue, definitly.

LS has a better warranty. You should just go all out and get a RPM and be done with it. I've bent a durablue and now have an axcaliber. The axcaliber's sprocket hub is now loose and moves all over the place. The splines are jacked up. I don't think RPM's have either of these problems..:cool:

4TraxRider
10-29-2003, 12:08 PM
I've broke way to many Dura-blues to recomend them to anybody other than flat trackers. I've had pretty good luck with the LSR but as Rico said the splines are messed up. My friend has an RPM on his Z and hasn't had any problems whatesoever with it for about 6 months now.

wilkin250r
10-29-2003, 02:37 PM
To be honest, I don't have much actual experience, other than my LSR axle, but I've seen and heard many things.

I've heard LOTS of problems with Durablue, not much better than stock. And their "lifetime warranty is only for the first axle.

LSR has a true lifetime warrenty, and I haven't heard of many of them breaking. I know many people are happy with their LSR axle, but Rico (and others) have found a problem with the splines, which isn't covered under their warrenty.

I've NEVER heard of any problem with RPM (other than price), and I think most pros run them.

10-29-2003, 02:41 PM
if the splines start to mess up then crack it in half & say it happened while you were riding ;) or is that immoral? :devil:

Dave400ex
10-29-2003, 02:44 PM
I must agree with Rico. The LSR is not bad, but just go all out and get the RPM. You will be happier in the long run.

JOEX
10-29-2003, 10:01 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Movin this to the suspension forum..

Axcaliber over the durablue, definitly.

LS has a better warranty. You should just go all out and get a RPM and be done with it. I've bent a durablue and now have an axcaliber. The axcaliber's sprocket hub is now loose and moves all over the place. The splines are jacked up. I don't think RPM's have either of these problems..:cool:
According to the description on the main page Axle topics belong in the Powertrain section;)

Here is one report about an RPM issue....

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=78472

Joe

ThorR88
10-31-2003, 12:16 PM
get the lsr...its better then the dura brakes!!!:devil:

2003 400ex yellow
ac ppro peg nerfs
ac front bumber
alluimiun air box diamond plated
cut hmf pipe
lonestar +4 axel
lonestar+2 a arms chrome
carbon hood
new plastics
pro taper handle bars
hand guards
brake block off
dirt bike cluth
cr 125 kill switch to start mine
kill switch
razers
douglos 190 8 inch beadlocks in rear
10 in douglos beadlocks in front
18 inch cut tamers in rear
19 mx holeshots in front
works trp. rate shocks with rezzies
seat cover
custon coolient fan installed
few other extras
can beat raptors and banshee's but i dont know why motor is
stock!!! only thing sotck is my frame
:scary:

spud400ex
11-01-2003, 09:16 AM
o3le hasnt had any problems with his durablue, but he doesnt ride as hard as he used to.

11-01-2003, 10:40 AM
tehy already have all that stuff out for them?