PDA

View Full Version : test cdi box?

dasheek
10-28-2003, 09:06 PM
i have a 250r and there is power going into the cdi box but im pretty sure there is nothing coming out. Is there anyway to test ot see if the cdi box is good or not. In the manual it talks about how there use to be a way but they found out it was not a good way. Any hints??

JOEX
10-28-2003, 09:24 PM
This may or may not apply to the 250r, In the Clymer manual for the 400 it says:

There are no service prcedures for testing the module. Use a process of elimination to determine if the module is defective by testing each ignition component, including the wiring and connections. If all other areas test good, replace the module. Make sure the tests are performed carfully and thoroughly to ensure accuracy. most parts suppliers will not accept returns on electrical components. If the new module does not sole the problem, in cannot be returned.

Do you know someone else with a 250r that will let you try their cdi?

Joe

dasheek
10-28-2003, 09:27 PM
my buddy has a 250r 3 wheller but they have a different cdi box..... guess I will have to bust out the oem metter tommorow and eliminate everything else first then cross my fingers....