PDA

View Full Version : ATTN: Dirtbikers

doctor_915
02-07-2002, 08:56 PM
Hey everyone out there with dirtbikes, does anyone own a Yamaha YZ250F? I am looking in to getting one in about 6 months and was wondering if you know of any major problems with them. Is the aftermarket pretty strong for this bike? I have been around bikes most of my life and haven't heard anything bad about these, any help would be appreciated.

250Xtreame
02-08-2002, 01:14 PM
hey punk if u get the 250f im takin ur 400 when we ride!!!
but for real when r u cumin back?? I was thinkin bout goin over and askin ur dad if i could take ur quad out but i dont think he'd like that to much. we're goin on sun w/ tom so if u wanna go ask ur mom and give us a call.. c-ya

Tommy 17
02-08-2002, 03:12 PM
ok i have a 01 and a 02 yz250f near my house i have rode both bikes... heres what i think about them... the o1 is impossbile to start when its cold or if u lay it over it takes forever... the o2 is much better but u will still have problems with starting... never flood the bike... they power is good they really rip smokes stock 125s... they bikes is really tall compared to any other 125 or 250 its 2 inches higher or so and if ur a smaller ride u won't like it... my cuz is 5'10' and he has problems standing flat foot on the bike... the power is great... its much easier to ride on a hard packed wide open track... its also easier on tight tracks bc the power hits hard fast.... now in the mud its a differnt story bc its tall u will wash out the front alot... hope i helped if u want to know anythign more let me know i will try to hellp ya out...

Nausty
02-08-2002, 03:46 PM
I personally wouldn't want a 4 stroke dirt bike when I'm at a motorcross track;) Are you gonna sell your 400ex? If is all you do is motorcross its a pretty good choice because once you step off a quad to dirt bike you feel like you can do anything with ease.

250exDaniel
02-08-2002, 06:36 PM
the only bad thing about the 250f is the weight.

02-12-2002, 09:13 PM
go to www.thumpertalk.com to get some info on them. it's a good DB 4-stroke forum

doctor_915
02-13-2002, 06:17 PM
Thanks guys for all the replies. I am not going to race the bike just use it for trail riding. Dont wanna get the WR though b/c I like jumping. I wouldnt want to get a 2 stroke because they can get squirrely on hills and I also do alot of hill climbing. No I am not gonna sell the 400 if I get one, I will keep it to play around on.

Xtreame- Sounds like fun, Tom does some nutty stuff though, dont wanna flip again :). I would like to go but dont think I will be able to get their, my mom's working all weekend and I am still livin with my Grandma over here in Hicksville. Unfortunately my dad has the quad on lockdown, but go ahead and try to ride it, the key is in it, he trust you and Eric and maybe Dan to take it for a spin.

02-13-2002, 07:22 PM
Well, i am 5'11 and i felt very comfortable on one, my dealer told me that they foul plugs easily that all i know

Bart
02-14-2002, 02:57 PM
Unless you are ONLY going to race MX, I have heard it is better to get the WR250F. Much easier to ride the WR on an MX track than to ride the YZ on trails.

Just my $0.02.

Tommy 17
02-14-2002, 04:12 PM
my friends ride them on the trail all the time... i would take the yz over wr any day for anything...

crouse267
02-19-2002, 06:25 PM
if u are going for a four stroke go with the 426 it will be alot better in the woods. the reason why the 250 wouldent be good for the woods is you have to ride them like a 2 stroke. they are both great bikes and i have ridden them both. i have a 1998 cr 250 and i would get rid of it for a 426 any day. buy the way they are both easy to start u just got to know thi tricks:D