PDA

View Full Version : CT RACING Pro-X Cyclinder kit

250r(quadman19)
10-28-2003, 06:30 PM
what do yall think about this kit. i am going to get a 310 kit or the 250 powervalve or 350 powervalve kit. i was really thinkin about the powervalve . any reccomendations? do yall run OEM electrical stuff ? i need to buy a new cdi box and haven't had much luck finding a good company that sells electrical stuff.... thanks any help will be greatley aprreciated :macho

stupid driver
10-28-2003, 06:36 PM
deffinately get a powervalve. Power will be much more useful, and the quad wont tire you out so much from the "hit" of the powerband.

AndrewRRR
10-29-2003, 10:05 AM
If it's between those, get the 350 PV motor. Be specific with them on your porting or you will get a "cookie cutter" port job.
Stock electricals can work. I used a LRD CDI box before I went to a CR ignition. I'm selling the LRD box if you need one.

airheadedduner
10-29-2003, 10:52 AM
I would go elsewhere. CT's 2 strokes arn't up to snuff. They build good thumpers though. My buddies full on 310r with ct dune port couldn't beat piped and filtered shees.

AndrewRRR
10-29-2003, 11:56 AM
For the money, i'd go with ESR.

250r(quadman19)
10-29-2003, 07:56 PM
alright thanks everybody.. im definatley going to go with the powervalve .. i just ordered a cdi box from a company called PVL electronics..has anybody ever heard of them? thanks

Colby@C&DRacing
10-30-2003, 09:09 AM
We are talking about the Pro X cylinder kits. It does not matter if it is a CT, LRD, etc. If it is a Pro X kit they are all made by LA Sleeve and just licenced to other companied to put there name on it.

AndrewRRR
10-30-2003, 10:47 AM
Originally posted by Colby@C&DRacing
We are talking about the Pro X cylinder kits. It does not matter if it is a CT, LRD, etc. If it is a Pro X kit they are all made by LA Sleeve and just licenced to other companied to put there name on it.

They are all made by LA Sleeve yes, but most people who buy a big bore engine kit from CT, LRD, ESR, etc. also have the motor ported by the company they buy it from. There is definately a difference there.
I have heard of PVL ignition but the systems I see from them are a complete ignition that replaces the stator, flywheel, cdi, etc. like the CR ignition does. You lose the option of running lights but gain horsepower. Is that what you got?

250r(quadman19)
10-30-2003, 06:10 PM
yea i got the whole ignition system but i dont need lights because i only race motocross. thanks for all the help and ill post some pictures when i get my powervalve! my bike was bogging and sputtering and we went through my whole engine . we replaced every single thing we even put a new carberator and rebuilt the top end. my engine is brand new and it was still bogging. it wasn't the spark plug because its been replaced every ride and the carberator has been jetted correctly. hopefully this will fix it. what do yall think? thanks cory dunaway #9

10-30-2003, 07:17 PM
bogging huh?

anyone port your cylinder?

the pvl is a great ignition, but you have to buy a dial indicator to set the timing right. I used to set mine at 1.8mm BTDC but now I set it at 2.0mm BTDC for better low end.

if you have the new digital then the timing is different but u still need the dial indicator, i think its like .8mm BTDC

here is a link

http://www.pro-flo.com/proflo_pvl_ignitions.htm

bone705
10-30-2003, 08:11 PM
id think about ESR. ive heard they have way better service then CT. i also heard there port jobs are better.

airheadedduner
10-31-2003, 10:50 AM
Originally posted by bone705
id think about ESR. ive heard they have way better service then CT. i also heard there port jobs are better.
CT must use templates are something. After reading up on porting I am just now realizing the COOKIE CUTTER job they did on the 295 cylinder they did and that is why I will never buy anything from they again. When you bore a cylinder, no matter how much, you lower the ports, which changes the ports duration. For rebuilding(.20,.40,.60,.80) the change isnot very noticeable. When you bore out as far as 295 for a resleave it is a huge amount. At bdc the piston covered quite a bit of the ports, on the transfers it was nearly a 1/4 inch:mad: That cylinder, unless redone, will NEVER make sufficient top end power. And that has to have bad effects on the scavageing effect of the transfers. What CT should be doing is decking the cylinders to compensate for it and including a spacer plate to bring up the ports. Matched porting my arse:grr:

250r(quadman19)
11-01-2003, 01:22 PM
no one ported my cyclinder. could that have anything to do with it? im gonna definatley have to buy dial indicator

250r(quadman19)
11-02-2003, 05:21 PM
could an electical problem cause my bogging?

airheadedduner
11-02-2003, 08:32 PM
Has it always bogged, has it since you have done something to it, rebuilt motor, new mods??? Is your jetting okay?? It could be you added a new mod and it isn't "meshing" with your other parts. Need some info.

Of course what do I know I don't know what i am talking about:p

250r(quadman19)
11-03-2003, 05:18 PM
its been bogging since the first day i bought it. sometimes it doesn't and some times it does. i never know when its going to

pnut420
11-03-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by 250r(quadman19)
its been bogging since the first day i bought it. sometimes it doesn't and some times it does. i never know when its going to

You positive the jetting is good. It could be an ignition problem also. If it bogs sometimes and sometimes it doesnt I doubt that is because you need to port the cylinder, sounds more like jetting or an irratic ignition problem.

Also I would go ESR anyday nothing but good things about them. CT is great for 4 strokes, then again FDO is better:blah: