PDA

View Full Version : Revision of AMA rules

08-15-2001, 10:49 AM
Currently the AMA rules state that for a 15 year quad racer they must ride a 90. I have a son the is 15 and is 5'8" tall weighing 185. There is no way he should be on a 90! I know AMA goes by the federal regulations as stated on the quads but I think they should take into consideration the size of the child. My son ahs ridden since he was 6 and now rides a 400EX. He has raced in the AMA sanctioned races until they found out his age. When he signed up for his AMA card he wrote his correct age, birthdate and indicated in two places he was riding a ATV. Never did anyone tell us you had to be 16 to ride a 400. Now he can't race at AMA races.

Does anyone know if there is anyone or any place I can complain to and see if they can amend their rules. This is discriminating! Furthermore at most AMA sanctioned races in our area there is no youth classes.

I asked the owner of the track if a 12 year old could ride a 250 cycle and they said AMA would allow that if he could handle it. That is nuts!!!

I am furious about this and would like to voice my opinion for whatever it counts. I know of other B I G boys that are not 16 but have the skill and size to handle the big quads.

I think this whole age thing sucks!