PDA

View Full Version : Handlebars

freebird
10-28-2003, 03:35 PM
HI All, I'm a newbie to the ATV world...just got a 400EX....What are the advantages of aftermarket Handlebars...other than strength?? Seems to be a mod that most people make....Are they pretty easy to switch over?? Just looks like a few bolts..

Thanks
Chris

310Rduner
10-28-2003, 03:58 PM
Mostly so they are a bit more comfortable for the individual rider, and you can pick the one that best compliments your riding style, and height if you are a tall guy.

Many of the bars like Tag and Pro Taper are made out of fat walled tubing, and designed to reduce vibrations to the rider.

Putting the bars on is very simple, 4 allen bolts to undo the clamps, and just switching over the controls to the new bars, which would just entail loosening a bolt or two on the controls.

The hardest part in the whole thing would probably just be getting the plastics off the stock bars lol.

freebird
10-28-2003, 04:02 PM
Thanks for the help....I am 6'2....what type of bar should I look for...??

remlapr
10-28-2003, 04:15 PM
If your that tall, you may want to stay away from the motocycle bends unless you're going to add a taller stem ($300 - $400). A lot of people just add some MSR Dominators or some regular Renthals because they are stronger and look better. The MSR Dominator ATV high bend bars are a good cheap (around $40)aftermarket bar I think.

Out_Sider
10-28-2003, 04:23 PM
msr dominators are actually 34.95 ;) but i would also look at Tusk T-7 aluminum handlebars at Rocky Mountain...they are pretty nice looking and are only like 21 bucks :eek: just get 7/8 bars..i wouldnt worry about going to a fat bar