PDA

View Full Version : Hatfield McCoy

wheelieking
10-28-2003, 07:29 AM
Howdy all,

Was just wondering if anyone will be in the Hatfield McCoy trail system in mid november. We'll be camping and riding as a family - so anyone who will be there let me know, maybe we can hit the trails together.

Also, anyone that rides in the SW PA area (near connellsville/uniontown) let me know where we can ride legally. I know of a club near indian head, but haven't had a chance to hook up with them yet.

Went to the Trailfest event a few weeks ago - family had a blast, will definately hit all four events from now on.

Terry

Doibugu2
10-28-2003, 08:37 AM
Welcome to the site.

There are a good number of members from PA so I'm sure someone can help you out.

There are also some WV locals that I'm sure ride a lot all year.

We also have several site rides where a bunch of us go down there. Don't know if you would consider it "Family Orientated" but something to think about.

Do a search for Hatfield McCoy, I'm sure you will come up with a ton of info.

Motoman440
10-28-2003, 08:44 AM
I ride the H/M system all the time. Supposed to hook up with luvmyex on Nov 8th. Just let me know what trailhead, when and what time. Mid November sounds good to me. I'm always up for the ride and to meet new members!!!!

Stay in Touch!!!

wheelieking
10-28-2003, 08:45 AM
Thanks for the welcome, I appreciate it. I am also interested in the non-family sort of fun (e.g., a weekend away from the kids, so the wife and i can ride).

I just bought her a new Rancher AT with the GPS - so at least we won't get lost. By the way, that machine is the sh$%. I am almost as impressed with that as I am with my 400ex - Just wish the TRX450r had reverse and an electric start - doesn't Honda know that old guys ride too!!!

Pappy
10-28-2003, 08:49 AM
just think...this could be you:eek:

10-28-2003, 09:20 AM
Here's a pic of me and motoman taken in sept. He's on the left and i'm on the right. He's kinda weird so ya'll might wanna keep an eye on him....:huh

remlapr
10-28-2003, 09:23 AM
Originally posted by Motoman440
I ride the H/M system all the time. Supposed to hook up with luvmyex on Nov 8th. Just let me know what trailhead, when and what time. Mid November sounds good to me. I'm always up for the ride and to meet new members!!!!

Stay in Touch!!!

Your Official Exriders.com Hatfield McCoy tour guide! Just make sure that GPS works, I've heard stories of members being lost and never heard of again out there with him :eek2:

Motoman440
10-28-2003, 09:24 AM
Originally posted by Rico
Here's a pic of me and motoman taken in sept. He's on the left and i'm on the right. He's kinda weird so ya'll might wanna keep an eye on him....:huh

:eek2: :eek2: :eek2: Don't pay any attention to Rico he's just jealous of the size!!!

Motoman440
10-28-2003, 09:28 AM
Originally posted by remlapr
Your Official Exriders.com Hatfield McCoy tour guide! Just make sure that GPS works, I've heard stories of members being lost and never heard of again out there with him :eek2:

OMG!!! First it was K2, then Taco now Remlapr!!! I can't win at this tour guide career!!! I do get a little mixed up every now and then but I will always get you back to the trailhead. Just don't camp across the street from Remlapr if ya want ta sleep!!! :D

k2-dawg
10-28-2003, 09:55 AM
:eek2: :eek2: :eek2:

k2-dawg
10-28-2003, 10:55 AM

Stay in Touch!!!

STALKER!!! :devil:

Taco
10-28-2003, 11:01 AM
I just fell out of my chair laughing:D

wheelieking
10-28-2003, 11:35 AM
Nice pics - looks like i am gonna fit in here.

I am going to try to make it to the little coal river trails the second week in nov (as long as its not snowing). Maybe we can ride and have a few beers.

Terry

10-28-2003, 11:49 AM
If ya get time here's some pics from this summers big exriders.com ride at hatfield. Dialup is gonna suck cus ther's lots of pics.. Grab a beer or 2 and a confy seat. Go thru this thread and you'll be holdin your gut laughin by page 8...:devil:

http://www.exriders.com/vbb/showthread.php?s=&threadid=66032&highlight=hatfield+summer+pics

Doibugu2
10-28-2003, 11:54 AM
Yea just about anyone fits in. Oddly enough we all seem to get along.

At least untill you start breaking things, then they start getting testy:eek2:

luvmyex
10-28-2003, 02:21 PM
motoman you can leave that at home when i come up:huh or maybe we can just find our own way:D

Motoman440
10-28-2003, 02:35 PM
Originally posted by luvmyex
motoman you can leave that at home when i come up:huh or maybe we can just find our own way:D

Man, don't pay any attention to these guys. They're pissed cause I can ride the H/M system anytime I want. :D You and you group should also come up in the spring for the H/M Exriders.com ride. My first time was in Sept and it is a blast!!! All these people are really a good group of guys/gals that like to have fun and ride hard then go home and tell a bunch a lies!!!:eek: I'll leave Rico's playtoy at home though.

Pappy
10-28-2003, 02:40 PM
we ride EASY too:devil:

Pappy
10-28-2003, 02:41 PM
we dont do hill's:o

Pappy
10-28-2003, 02:42 PM
hell one guy even has his own groupies:eek2: :devil:

wyndzer
10-28-2003, 02:49 PM
Originally posted by Pappy
we ride EASY too:devil:

Hey that's me:eek:

k2-dawg
10-28-2003, 05:55 PM
If you're gonna rid wit Motoman, be prepared to see him do alotta this!!! :D

http://im1.shutterfly.com/procserv/47b3ce08b3127cce8156358e3f140000001610

10-29-2003, 10:36 AM
We also know were all the fun places are to hang out....:blah:

k2-dawg
10-29-2003, 10:47 AM
Yo Rico,

How come when I attached pics now I just get a link and not the actual pic, like you and some others? I used to be able to do it until the other day.

wheelieking
10-29-2003, 11:16 AM
....man, I drove all around Gilbert and never saw that couch! ... didn't see the nightlife either.

So when are you guys all going back to the HM trailsystem? And how do i attach a photo to this thread?

MOFO
10-29-2003, 01:15 PM
Welcome to the site.. glad to see another guy from western PA get on here.

To attach a picture you will need for it to be hosted (stored somewhere else) then just post the link.

All the nightlife can be found in or near Logan, WV. Every H/M trip we stay at Camp Logan.....great place.

You'll have to hook up with us this spring, summer and fall for our trips. Looks like the next trip will be the last weekend in April 2004.

luvmyex
10-29-2003, 01:56 PM
We also know were all the fun places are to hang out....:blah:
Is that a WV VIP room?:confused2

10-30-2003, 07:26 AM

Yeah I guess.. If that's what you wanna call it...:eek2:

:D

Motoman440
10-30-2003, 08:31 AM

Yeah, that Rico's personal VIP room!!! He's really the only VIP that is ever in WV!!! :D

Pappy
10-30-2003, 08:33 AM
Yeah, that Rico's personal VIP room!!! He's really the only VIP that is ever in WV!!! :D

i think rowlrag is the only one to venture into the jiggly room's inner room of love:devil: he didnt come out smelling like a rose either:cool: DOLLA'S...I NEED DOLLA.S:devil: :blah:

cdalejef
10-30-2003, 09:17 AM
i think rowlrag is the only one to venture into the jiggly room's inner room of love:devil: he didnt come out smelling like a rose either:cool: DOLLA'S...I NEED DOLLA.S:devil: :blah: :devil:

trailhouseowner
12-13-2003, 09:26 PM
Wheelieking,

I hope you and your family had a good time. Most of November's weather was decent.

Keep visiting the trails. You never tire of them.

12-14-2003, 11:52 AM
Originally posted by trailhouseowner
Wheelieking,

I hope you and your family had a good time. Most of November's weather was decent.

Keep visiting the trails. You never tire of them.

So, are you gonna be able to host 20 to 25 riders from the page in april?? Some will be in pull behind trailers and possibly tents not everyone will be needing to stay indoors?????????????

If you say yes consider it a done deal for the first weekend of April.. I'll get in touch with you if you say we can show up.:cool:

trailhouseowner
12-14-2003, 01:16 PM
Rico,

I am not sure at this moment whether I can accommodate you that weekend or not. I have a lady from Canada that is supposed to rent one of my units that weekend. She was supposed to have gotten back with me this weekend. She hasn't called yet. If I don't get a call soon, I will assume they do not want it. If she doesn't want that unit, I will have all three units open that weekend and could meet all your needs. I will get back with you.

12-14-2003, 02:01 PM
Rico,

I am not sure at this moment whether I can accommodate you that weekend or not. I have a lady from Canada that is supposed to rent one of my units that weekend. She was supposed to have gotten back with me this weekend. She hasn't called yet. If I don't get a call soon, I will assume they do not want it. If she doesn't want that unit, I will have all three units open that weekend and could meet all your needs. I will get back with you.

Sounds good to me, we can give that lady from canada till Feb. if you want..:)

trailhouseowner
12-14-2003, 02:30 PM
No, not February!! I have learned many lessons the past 14 months when it comes to running a business. First and foremost, stick to your policy. If she has a week to call, then after the week the unit will be available. I don't mean to sound harsh, but I have had people not call back and I trusted them. Then, when I called them back a month later, they had changed their plans and had decided not to visit the HM Trails. They did not care that I had turned people away for those dates.

I will let you know something soon. That is the only weekend in April that I might have all three units available. Its amazing how early people reserve. But I am not complaining!! I LOVE IT!!

Kilabanshee
12-14-2003, 03:46 PM
Hey lisa welcome to the forums this kilabanshee from outdoors.net!!

Motoman440
12-15-2003, 04:55 AM
Sounds good to me, we can give that lady from canada till Feb. if you want..:)

Yo Rico,

With only 4 units, are you sure this will accomadate everyone???

Trailhouseowner,

Do you also have camper hook-up's (electric & water) where you are located???

12-15-2003, 05:58 AM
Yo Rico,

With only 4 units, are you sure this will accomadate everyone???

I don't know..

Trailhouse owner how many people per unit???

trailhouseowner
12-15-2003, 11:15 AM
Unit 1 has 3 bedrooms. One bedroom has 4 twin beds, one bedroom has 3 twin beds, and one bedroom has a kingsize bed. This unit also has three rollaways with plenty of space to use them. So Unit 1 can sleep approximately 12.

Unit 2 is 3 bedroom. One bedroom has 2 twins. One bedroom has a full size bed. One bedroom has a full and a twin. It also has 2 rollaways. Therefore, it can sleep around 6-8 people comfortably.

Unit 3 is has 3 bedrooms. One bedroom has 3 twins. One bedroom has a full size bed. One bedroom has 2 twins. Also, the couch lets out into a full size bed. It can sleep approximately 8.

Unfortunately, we have no RV hookups.

Motoman440
12-15-2003, 11:19 AM
Sounds like there's plenty of sleepin room. Do you have central area's where everyone can hang-out and party etc??? What about bathrooms as well??? One bathroom per unit might be a little hard on the ole sewer lines!!!

12-15-2003, 11:50 AM
trailowner, have you seen all the pics posted from our previous trips to HM??

If not you might want to check them out before you say yes ...:eek2:

UglyMotha™
12-15-2003, 11:53 AM
i think rowlrag is the only one to venture into the jiggly room's inner room of love:devil: he didnt come out smelling like a rose either:cool: DOLLA'S...I NEED DOLLA.S:devil: :blah:

is that why he smelt like peaches :huh

UglyMotha™
12-15-2003, 11:54 AM
Unit 1 has 3 bedrooms. One bedroom has 4 twin beds, one bedroom has 3 twin beds, and one bedroom has a kingsize bed. This unit also has three rollaways with plenty of space to use them. So Unit 1 can sleep approximately 12.

Unit 2 is 3 bedroom. One bedroom has 2 twins. One bedroom has a full size bed. One bedroom has a full and a twin. It also has 2 rollaways. Therefore, it can sleep around 6-8 people comfortably.

Unit 3 is has 3 bedrooms. One bedroom has 3 twins. One bedroom has a full size bed. One bedroom has 2 twins. Also, the couch lets out into a full size bed. It can sleep approximately 8.

Unfortunately, we have no RV hookups.

so whose bunkin with me :eek2: :huh

Doibugu2
12-15-2003, 11:58 AM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
so whose bunkin with me :eek2: :huh

With that tiny *** tent you had last time, your getting stuffed in a closet. Should be plenty of room for you.

Rico do they offer insurance, I don't want to be responsible for breaking things:rolleyes:

UglyMotha™
12-15-2003, 12:01 PM
what, oh come on, that baby was a 4-man, now erics tent on the other hand :eek2: still boggles my mind how he got in there :huh

Doibugu2
12-15-2003, 12:03 PM
ok, you and mofo can sleep together than!

how are the coons at this place, can't afford to feed them again.:mad:

XANDADA
12-15-2003, 12:48 PM
heck, I'll sleep on the floor - just roll me under a table so I don't get stepped on:D

I can't wait....

MOFO
12-15-2003, 02:38 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
ok, you and mofo can sleep together than!

whoa... I'm not down with that...

BTW, that was my "mini" 1 man tent... first time I ever used it...and it will be the last! From now on the 4-6 man tent goes with me....

UglyMotha™
12-15-2003, 02:48 PM
Originally posted by MOFO
whoa... I'm not down with that...

what oh come on we could talk about the first thing that pops up http://ricoracing.netfirms.com/Smilies/eyebrows.gif :eek:

ok lets not :huh

k2-dawg
12-15-2003, 02:58 PM
I say Chief Logan is the way to go. Plenty of room to move around, build fires, start quads at 2 am, etc.

This trailhouse place may not take too kindly to the goings on of exriders convention.... could be a lot of carousing, looting and pillaging! Might get expensive for those whose name the rooms are under.... Just my .02

red
12-15-2003, 03:12 PM
I dont care where we stay....I just wanna go.

Tommy 17
12-15-2003, 03:52 PM
Originally posted by red
I dont care where we stay....I just wanna go.

same here lmfao

4wheelboy
12-15-2003, 06:40 PM
have any of you ever seen a dirtbike ont he trails? i mite be able to come if u could ride a bike on the trails:confused:

red
12-15-2003, 07:41 PM
we have come across several on the trails when we have been there.

12-15-2003, 07:56 PM
Originally posted by red
we have come across several on the trails when we have been there.

I might bring my buddies YZ250 with me on the next trip just to rip around the trails on something different..:eek:

red
12-15-2003, 08:08 PM
I might bring my buddies YZ250 with me on the next trip just to rip around the trails on something different..:eek:

You will hurt yourself.:eek2: and your future wife will kill you:eek:
you better stick with dads quad and let him ride yours.:devil:

12-15-2003, 08:11 PM
Originally posted by red
You will hurt yourself.:eek2: and your future wife will kill you:eek:
you better stick with dads quad and let him ride yours.:devil:

I lay it down everytime I ride it...:o LMFAO

I hit more jumps on it than him too...:eek2:

red
12-15-2003, 08:16 PM
well you better be careful cause if you wreck and dont die just get hurt i think you will die when you get home.:devil: :eek2:
i cant wait to go.

Chino
12-15-2003, 08:28 PM
Are we there yet. Motoman you better bring some more of that vodka for us :D