PDA

View Full Version : w/b installing disk (i am having some trouble)

yellowrider
02-07-2002, 06:51 PM
ok this is getting very annoying... i hate not be able to figure stuff out on my own but i have 2 test tomorrow and i need to start studing before my g/f gets home and before she calls me and talks me to sleep...

what i cant understand is what i am doing wrong.. i went at white brothers site i know i am putting the disk on right and i can get one screw on there really easy ... but the rest are pains
here is some methods i have tried

put all of the screws through the disk hold the thing up and screw one half way tight then another one and before i even make a complete turn it is really tight..

i tried tightin one of them and then moving down or to the side never went bolt to another bought untill just before i came in and it still dont work..

i have no clue it's making me so mad at myself i just want to jump off a cliff!!

tomorrow when i get home i am going to place the screws in the wholes without the disk and see if that works and if it dont i may have a promblem but i dont think it would do that would it ??

and if it did what would have caused that? i dont know anything about disk pipes and i am starting to wish that i didnt get the pipe now..
by the way i think i have 6-7 disk in there cause once i get it figured out those disk are never getting off or never adding any till i need to cause it is a pain in a but for someone like me ...

i have no idea what i am doing and i need some series help so if you have experience with any of these promblems for the first time you had your pipe please share with me how to put it back on ...

if i dont get it back on can i ride it with no disk and no end cap cause i have to ride it somewhere .???

thanks for all of your help in advance

yellowrider
02-07-2002, 09:11 PM
come on people i know there is some easy way that just isnt clickin to my head how to put it back on i know i have the disk in the right order and i can get one screw on then it gets harder and harder and a whole lot harder what is the deal?? can anybody give me tips with there disk system ?

yellowrider
02-07-2002, 09:15 PM
i give up it dont look like i am going to be able to do it myself i need to go to bed and get some rest

if you guys can tell me anything please tell me
please no flames
i know i am goofy

ik have 7 disk in there right now and i am planning on keeping that for a long long time untill the need replacing

JB's 400ex
02-07-2002, 09:18 PM
I have a e-series slip on. Are you using the lube that comes with it, that may help a little. I would also inspect the disks and see if any are bent. You had a good idea to elimate some of your potential problems by just screwing the screws into the pipe with no disks, that will tell you if you have some problems with the threads on the pipe. Inspect those threads, the threads on the bolt, etc. Just some advice, I am running with 12 disks, which is what comes in the package. That is what they suggest. You can run up to 24 I believe. If you run six I am pretty sure that is like a stock exhaust. I would definately run more disks. Any thing else, let me know.

steiner1
02-07-2002, 09:24 PM
i had problems with my w/b pipe after i messed with it a couple of times. i found that you theads on the bolts that come with it will get messed very easily. i went to a local hardware store and replaced all the bolts with new ones. just take one of the old ones in and match it up. after i changed the bolts i haven't had any more problems with it. if that does not work than i don't know what else to tell you. hope this helps a little.

yellowrider
02-08-2002, 03:50 AM
the threads look a little wierd... but i dont think that is why everything wont screw in the right way.. you would think it should work fine,,

oh and that lub stuff my dealer straight out told me he didnt put ay on it and the pipe requires no lube

i went to white brothers and they it does and i am supposed to get the tool that takes the disk on and off well i odnt have that either ...

people with any idea please share yours...

here is what i am doing todddya i am going to try to buy some of that stuff to put on the bolts and if they have any bolts that come with it i am going to buy that also..

if that dont work i am going to run open cap do you think that would cause any promblem besides pee off my neighbors ??

02-08-2002, 05:41 AM
you wouldnt have this promblem if you had a dg or a real pipe come on think about it ! they are disk they must suck andd they have nothing on a true pipe

peopel cant tell you nothing here cause they dont know anything why dotn you try bluetraxx..

i jsut feell sorry for you to have a 300ex poor thing you should have bought a warrior

RAPTORAZ
02-08-2002, 05:47 AM
Dude, get a life. You shouldn't flame others just because you don't like their ride. I'm sure others here don't like yours.

MOFO
02-08-2002, 05:49 AM
Originally posted by warrior2002
you wouldnt have this promblem if you had a dg or a real pipe come on think about it ! they are disk they must suck andd they have nothing on a true pipe

peopel cant tell you nothing here cause they dont know anything why dotn you try bluetraxx..

i jsut feell sorry for you to have a 300ex poor thing you should have bought a warrior

real mature. You can always pick out the young kids....they just make themselves sound like complete morons with nothing to say.

02-08-2002, 06:03 AM
Originally posted by warrior2002

Go down and read the rules there warriorman,,,if ya can't play nice then go somewere else and play,,,and don't think about flaming me either..:devil

RAPTORAZ
02-08-2002, 06:05 AM
Try this: Take all the discs and put them in a stack. Then put the screws through the disc stack. And then put the disc pack/screw assembly on as one unit. That's how I ended up having to do mine.

02-08-2002, 11:14 AM
hey you guys i am not a kid i am just stating a fact for yellow rider if you all gave any good information what so ever he would have the promblem solved.. i advise you to go to bluetraxx and see if they can help you cause no one knows how here or dont seem to care... i am just trying to help you out no flamming entended..

in in my opinion warriors are better than 300ex

5 speed
6 speed

there is a big difference

02-08-2002, 11:49 AM
Yeah but you suggested a DG pipe.:huh They rate right up there with cobra pipes and coffee cans welded to the header pipe,,I'm not a big white bros. fan but I'd most definitely put one of their pipes on my quad before a DG. And you say we/us members of exriders.com don't know nothin,,,,there's members on here that know more about 300ex's and 400ex's than most dealership mechanics do,,,I think your the one that possibly doesn't know nothin.

02-08-2002, 12:13 PM
is that so well mr. smart guy what is wrong with the pipe if you seem to know everything

02-08-2002, 12:18 PM
truste me go to another site if you want fast information i am telling you

02-08-2002, 12:21 PM
Poor construction, probably little if no power boost,,and nobody buys them so that must tell you the quality is not good,,this is just my opinion based on reading reviews in mutliple mags and seein them in person..there also one of the cheapest pipes sold money wise,,remember you get what you pay for..

Sincerely Mr. Smartypants :D

02-08-2002, 01:06 PM
MR. SMARTY YOU NEVER DID SSAY WAHT WAS WRONG WITH 300EX WB PIPE !! YOU DUMBY I BET NOONE CAN FIGURE IT OUT ON HERE

250exen
02-08-2002, 01:13 PM
no one can figure it out cuse theres nottin wrong with it:D :blah

02-08-2002, 01:13 PM
MR. SMARTY YOU NEVER DID SSAY WAHT WAS WRONG WITH 300EX WB PIPE !! YOU DUMBY I BET NOONE CAN FIGURE IT OUT ON HERE

02-08-2002, 01:32 PM
I don't need to tell him,,,other members already explained what to do....

Here's a question for you to answer,,,,,,,How would you like to be kicked off the site??????????:devil

MOFO
02-08-2002, 01:33 PM
Originally posted by Rico
I don't need to tell him,,,other members already explained what to do....

Here's a question for you to answer,,,,,,,How would you like to be kicked off the site??????????:devil

<raises my hand in EXRiders class>

"Can I answer this question for him?" :D

Eric

Scott
02-08-2002, 01:49 PM
Someone please eject that little moron. He's like a mosquito buzzing around your head, annoying as he!! and you just can't seem to slap him.

I would like to point out one other thing to him (Weenie2002). You have obviously never checked out bluetraxx and seen how much time passes between posts. There are what, 15 or 20 posts per day on that site? There are days when there are 20 posts on here in 20 minutes. Do us all a favor and go play in the street.

yellowrider
02-08-2002, 05:14 PM
first off warrior go blow yourself i like my 300eX

2 i still cant get it on should i force it on ?

3 i think i am going to cry

yellowrider
02-08-2002, 05:49 PM
yes now i have them all tighten up!! besides 2 the one that is closer to the grab bar and the one on the other side of it i cant get that thing in i am sure i can make it go in but i dont want to make it cause i dont want to strip it

i hope my dealer isnt wrong when he said that i didnt need anything on the screew cause that would suck
if something happend would i have to buy a new e series?

02-08-2002, 06:15 PM
Yellowrider, I just had this problem after I installed my pipe and then took in apart to see how the disks where stacked. I had one screw that just wouldn't start and I found the method below worked after a few try's

1st: Do what RAPORRAZ suggested by getting all the bolts (ALL THE WAY) through the disks and then raise the disks and endcap upto the exhaust as one unit. Get the threads started on (2) or (3) screws. (Keep the disks parrallel to the Silencer).

2nd: Check if the rest of the screws will engage.

3rd: If they don't all engage, grab the disk stack and push it in the direction you need to get the remaining screws lined up. the disk stack will move kind of like a compressed slinky.

4th: If this doesn't work then undo the few screws you engaged and try (2) of (3) others and repeat step (3).

5th: Once you get all screws engaged, push all of the disks against the silencer and then stagger the partern you tighten the screws like you would on car wheel lug nuts.

Remenber to keep push on the endcap to keep all the disks pushed up to the silencer and don't run the screws all the way down in the first shot. At the most run the screws down until they just touch the endcap.

6th: Once all the screws are touching the endcap, keep working around the bolt pattern until they are all snug

The key is keeping the screws pushed all the way throught the disk stack to get the screws engaed and then keeping the disk pushed against the silencer while you tighten the screws. If you get gaps in the disks while you start or tightent the screw, threads get caught up on the holes in the disks as the disks get unaligned during the installation.

Good Luck if you still need it.

yellowrider
02-08-2002, 07:16 PM
tomorrow we are going to see if a local hardware shop carries two of the bolts i need ..

cause the last reaming two we loooked at really closely is the the thread is really fat up front of the bold and then equal 3/4 of the way up it is hard to explain ... is it supposed to be like that?

thank u i wish you replied sooner but thanks for replying you been a great help

as for warrior never ever post anything in my threads if you are going to mention dg, cobra, OR WARRIORS
at first i was sorta hoping i just waited and got a better 4 wheeler but now its all good i love the 300ex and no promblem so far!! thats really good! WARRIORS

JB's 400ex
02-08-2002, 07:57 PM
Why if his so called bluetraxx is so great is he at EXRIDERS.COM. Go back their and don't ever come back to this terrible web site and take that underpowered 350 back their before you get run over by one of the 400 big brothers.

big-guy
02-08-2002, 08:57 PM
Grab a few sticks of all-thread, some jb weld, and appropriate wing nuts.
Jb weld the all thread into the holes on the pipe, slip on however many disks you need, then put the wing nuts on.
That works for me, and it's a LOT easier to make adjustments.

steiner1
02-08-2002, 10:03 PM
i forgot to tell you yesterday that i had one bolt on my w/b that would not go in, and i took it and a different bolt out, switched them and it worked. not sure why, but it worked and that was all i was worried about.:)

hey Rico, did you boot that guy off of this site. i hope he doesn't come back. i side with yellowrider on the fact that 300ex are the better of the two quads. (300ex and warriors)

yellowrider
02-08-2002, 10:37 PM
hey ok i will try that tomorrow it is to late and my friend came over like 15 mins ago with his system as loud as it goes i know he peed off my neighbors i dont want to go out there and work on it right now cause if i do that i will want to ride it and then i really well pee off my neighbors.

so just switch the bolt around? i try that tomorrow thats better tahn going to a store and getting bolts not made for it..

also is it require to pout that lube stuff on the bolts cause i dont have any and that guy at that place said that i didnt have to

if i dont what could happend??? would it be fixable?? and if it did happend could you all tell me how to fix it??

hey about the warrior and the 300ex i konw alot of stuff can get brought up about both of them and the good and bad about all of them but please dont share them here cause i need this thread till i put on my bolts then you all can talk about ne thing you want cause i believe a 300ex is all around better.. my 300ex is running really well the last time i checked but then again i havent rode it for a couple of days......

i have 8 disk in there right now i believe i dont really remember but i hope that does the trick for better performance gains cause i dont want to do all of this all over again !!! and bother you all

thanks for putting up with me and giving me useful information.

JB's 400ex
02-09-2002, 02:41 AM
The lube that you put on the bolts is anti-seize lube. It will help prevent the bolts from seizing up from the heat created by the exhaust. You may want to change the number of disks you run and you surely don't want to have to drill out those bolts. It is worth the few minutes and few dollars to get the lube I would think.

yellowrider
02-09-2002, 09:31 AM
that dont sound to good well i have to contact my dealer again i guess and ask him about it cause he came straight out and said that whitre brothers did not offer that for there pipe and he didn't put anything on it and it be ok...

anyways thanx for you help man i hope to return the favor one of these days.

yellowrider
02-10-2002, 01:50 PM
hey i called my dealer they had no extra screws or anything that i could buy anyways they said they seen a couiple with out the screws so it shouldnt hurt

anywyas one of the holes no screw wants to go in

but we managed to tighten it up as far as it will go without forcing it which left me with this much room 0-- from the pipe and i left it in there you think it will hirt anything to get it fix cause i am tired of staying in the house ... i rode it half the day yesterday and about a hour today...