PDA

View Full Version : SS Brakelines: LSR vs. Others

JOEX
10-28-2003, 12:09 AM
I've been looking around for brakelines and noticed the LSR line have a different setup than the others.

They run two banjo bolts and lines directly off of the master cylinder to the calipers. Where as the others run one banjo bolt and line to a splitter then a line to each caliper.

Are there any advantages to the LSR set up? There is someone selling them on ebay and claims they hold 33% more fluid. Have better feel etc...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43974&item=2439420449

Joe

Doibugu2
10-28-2003, 08:40 AM
anyone?

10-28-2003, 08:48 AM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
anyone?

my regular stainless lines work great. I added a RTC lever with it and they got some stoppin power now let me tell ya. If the LSR lines are the same price as standard stainless lines get em. If it's more I can't see how it would be that much better than the standard lines..:confused: Sounds like marketing work at it's best...;)

PS..I got my front and rear lines for less than they want for just the front lines...:eek2:

JOEX
10-28-2003, 10:37 AM
I'm sure the regular set up is just fine. Reading a little closer the LSR set up is a universal fit, an advantage to LSR.

The kit on ebay includes the front and rear lines and a bunch of 'free' cd's pertaining to your application for $119.99 + 9.99.

Joe

Doibugu2
10-28-2003, 11:59 AM
Originally posted by Rico

PS..I got my front and rear lines for less than they want for just the front lines...:eek2:

Hook a brother up!

How do you like those RTC levers? I know I need a new brake lever anyway.

10-28-2003, 12:02 PM
Hook a brother up!

How do you like those RTC levers? I know I need a new brake lever anyway.

THe brake lever is the shiznit i think. The guy at RTC suckered me into buyin the brake lever. I like the brake lever better than the clultch lever, which is what i originally called for. The adjustments on the brake lever are the best. I've got my front brakes setup almost too good now. 1 finger is all i need to lock up the front brakes even during a long race..:cool:

Doibugu2
10-28-2003, 12:07 PM
the stock lever doesn't have adjustments does it?:confused:

10-28-2003, 12:10 PM
the stock lever doesn't have adjustments does it?:confused:

Negative..:cool:

Live2Ride300
10-28-2003, 03:00 PM
I just picked up a set of fastline ss lines for my R, we'll see how they do,

How much do those RTC levers go for? Ive seen them around they look pretty trick...

Quadfather
10-28-2003, 04:35 PM
I have the dual banjo nut type. I believe they are Galfers. I can't tell a diiference between them and the slit type I had before. They both stop like a mofo.

It probably holds more fluid because there are two complete lengths of line, instead of one single line going to the splitter.

muff
10-28-2003, 05:57 PM
I'm not sure if the dual setup would work any better, when you pull in the brake lever the resivor can only push out so much fluid

I'm also wondering a price on that RTC lever?

JOEX
10-28-2003, 08:03 PM
Originally posted by muff
I'm not sure if the dual setup would work any better, when you pull in the brake lever the resivor can only push out so much fluid

There is fluid from the master cylinder to the caliper so it is not really pushing more fluid out of the resevior. There is just more hose which in turn holds more fluid. The piston in the caliper is still moving the same distance there is just more fluid inbetween.

Did that make any sense?:p

I really don't think that will make much of a difference for most riders.

They claim that with the more fluid there less heat build up.
I'm thinking with more hose there will be more flex. Very minimal i'm sure.

I also think the real reason for this setup is for the universal fit. They only have to make basically three sizes, stock/+1, +2 and +3 to fit most all quads.

Joe

muff
10-29-2003, 05:01 AM
Originally posted by JOEX
There is fluid from the master cylinder to the caliper so it is not really pushing more fluid out of the resevior. There is just more hose which in turn holds more fluid. The piston in the caliper is still moving the same distance there is just more fluid inbetween.

yea thats what I was trying to say, that the resevior pushes out X amount of oz of fluid when you pull in the lever no matter how many lines you have hooked up

10-29-2003, 08:11 AM
Originally posted by muff

Hope your sittin down...:eek:

I think i paid about $105 for both levers(that includes shipping). Very nice products and the adjustment of the brake lever is worth it's weight in gold I think. The Clutch lever is great too but not that much better than the old CR style lever I had. I also installed a new clutch with heavy springs just before installing the RTC clutch lever so it was hard to judge how much easier the clutch pull was with the RTC lever. I can say it's 100 times better than stock levers..:blah:

Live2Ride300
10-29-2003, 08:22 AM
Damn, I wouldnt want to brake one of those:eek2:

AndrewRRR
10-29-2003, 10:15 AM
I paid $95 for my RTC levers ($55 from K&K for the clutch, $40 from LRD for the brake, neither had both).
I just got some ASR stainless lines. Yea yea, i know their A-arms suck, but I figure it's pretty hard to screw up a set of braided lines. They look to be nice quality, braided stainless coated with plastic, decent banjo connections. I'll let you know how they turn out. They cost me $90 for front and rear on ebay. I got +2" ones for the front and a +8 for the rear.
Jeez my brake lines were cheaper than my levers!

310Rduner
10-29-2003, 04:09 PM
Are the insides of the Rtc perches Teflon lined so they rotate when you wreck instead of sticking in place and snapping??

10-29-2003, 04:11 PM
Originally posted by JOEX
I've been looking around for brakelines and noticed the LSR line have a different setup than the others.

They run two banjo bolts and lines directly off of the master cylinder to the calipers. Where as the others run one banjo bolt and line to a splitter then a line to each caliper.

Are there any advantages to the LSR set up? There is someone selling them on ebay and claims they hold 33% more fluid. Have better feel etc...
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43974&item=2439420449

Joe

i wouldnt buy em my cousin has the galfer ones seems like we can never get them fully bled, i bought crown series from duncan racing they work great, last time i knew lsr's brakelines were just fastline

AndrewRRR
10-29-2003, 07:13 PM
Originally posted by 310Rduner
Are the insides of the Rtc perches Teflon lined so they rotate when you wreck instead of sticking in place and snapping??

I don't think they are. Just don't crank them down, or don't wreck :blah:

310Rduner
10-29-2003, 07:19 PM
Originally posted by AndrewRRR
I don't think they are. Just don't crank them down, or don't wreck :blah:

pshhaa.. thats the point.. with the teflon lined ones, you can crank down on em, and if you hit lever to ground or whatever else, they will spin instead of snapping, or bending..

I know the works connections have them.. just figured the Rtc's would too..:grr:

10-29-2003, 08:01 PM
the works connections ones are so trick, ive wanted one for a long time but i cant bring my self to spend 125 on something i barely use

AndrewRRR
10-30-2003, 10:54 AM
I saw these levers at a local MX shop. ASV F1 forged levers. They say they are unbreakable and have a 1 year unconditional guarantee. They have a pivot design so the lever folds out of the way in a crash like the works levers. The best part is they are $49 for the clutch or brake lever. I might try some on the 'shee.