PDA

View Full Version : Anywhere in North Alabama??

supermans400ex
10-27-2003, 08:14 PM
Hey Folks, I'm new to this board, i just bought a new 400ex about a week or so ago. I was wondering if there are in tracks in the north alabama region? I live in Red Bay, if that would give any clue where i'm at, "kinda small place" :p

Thanks, Dallas

Bama250R
10-29-2003, 02:00 PM
Don't know about the MX Tracks. If you like Trails you could try Chicken Foot trails near Moulton, or the NE corner of Morris exit on I-65 in N. Birmingham or Bankhead OHV trails in Danville (west of Cullman on Hwy 157) or Kentuck ORV trails in Talladega NF or Tabor Trails. Try searching for directions to some of these on the internet. Contact the folks at Mid South Hare Scrambles if you like Cross Country racing in N Ala or Tenn/Ky or N Miss - on smaller scale than GNCC's.

Bama250R

'88 XC TRX 250R
'01 XC TRX 400EX
'00 stock Kodiak 4x4
'88 stock Mojave 250 (loaner)

250R
10-30-2003, 12:21 PM
I am from N. Alabama originally and have a litle bad news for you, I do not know of many places at all to ride around there any more. There used to be Russelville, all kind of places around Birmingham, a pretty cool place out of Cullman........ Now these places have all been shut down as they were on private land and the actions of a few idiots ruined it for everyone. Like the post above mentioned, there are OHV "parks" to ride at, but they can not even begin to compare to the places we used to ride in the "good old days". The only pretty good spot left that I am familiar with is Sayre in Birmingham, if you are interested let me know and I can give you directions.

10-30-2003, 12:32 PM
my mom lives in birmingham & im about to drive down in my truck & visit her for thanksgiving so where is this track at?

brandonpeake
11-03-2003, 12:21 PM
i live in birmingham but grew up in cullman so there is alot of places to ride the main problem is if u dont know the trails you could never loop them up and you would not get very far pm me or email me ill hook u up with places to ride and show u some also
if anyone knos about the "chickenfoot" mentioned above i d like to meet up and rife there
there is a nice place in morris good for powerlines, gaslines and mud for the 4x4's , cullaman has a nice place very similiar to a midsouth harescramble track but probally tighter than most, several places to ride in or near birmingham
get back with me
brandon

brandonpeake
11-03-2003, 12:22 PM
and if you wanted to know about mx tracks i believe there is 4 or 5 in the birmingham area and 1 supercross track

BamaRider
11-18-2003, 09:54 AM
Hey supermans400ex, looks like we're in the same boat. I just got a new red 400EX a couple weeks ago.:D Not sure where Red Bay is. I live in Cleburne County if ya know where that is. Anyway, let me know if ya ever want to go find some of these places, & break these puppies in.:devil:

supermans400ex
11-18-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by BamaRider
Hey supermans400ex, looks like we're in the same boat. I just got a new red 400EX a couple weeks ago.:D Not sure where Red Bay is. I live in Cleburne County if ya know where that is. Anyway, let me know if ya ever want to go find some of these places, & break these puppies in.:devil:

Hey Man,
I've heard of cleburne county but i'm not really sure where its at. What town or city are you close too. Red Bay is about 40 min from Muscle Shoals, i'm about about 8 miles from the mississippi line. If this helps any. I haven't found anywhere tracks or anything around here yet. Let me know if you find anywhere, me and my friend would like to find some tracks and we could meet ya if ya find any. He has a 2003 400ex yellow. Let me know

BamaRider
11-24-2003, 09:55 AM
I rode the Kentuck Orv Trails for the first time Saturday. Great place to ride. I know I'm goin' back!:D

redrider69
11-25-2003, 02:56 PM
theres a track in tennessee close to jackson i think they have a site its called thrill hill the track is but they might have web site but its a pretty good track

11-27-2003, 12:15 AM
Well im from Athens we have a few trails but mostly drag racing in fields Mostly be R's and Banshees but we welcome some ex's if they are right.

corvette95
11-27-2003, 11:36 PM
There are Alabama public use lands ALL over that are set aside for hunting...Can we ride ATV in the public use areas if we "say" we are hunting?

corvette95
11-27-2003, 11:39 PM
Ps I am planning my first trip to Cheaha park to the Kentuck trails Saturday morning...would like to meet other ATV riders from around here if anyone else wants to go...we wont be very fast riders though but well have fun. email if you want to meet there around 10am Saturday 11-29-03

quadrcr161
12-03-2003, 08:43 AM
hey guys, new to the board. im from Birmingham. im also looking for some open trails in the area. ive been out of riding for about 3 years and spent my other time riding on the track. ive been racing since 92 and would like to meet up with some people and hit some pretty fast trails. i need to get back enjoying riding and back on the track. i know of most of the mx tracks in the area and a few ovals if anyone is interested in doing those also.

corvette95
12-03-2003, 04:22 PM
I am going to try the trails near Hoover High School this weekend

quadrcr161
12-03-2003, 10:47 PM
ive never been out there, what day are you going? email me at scott@racefan.com or quadrcr16@aol.com if your getting a group togeather

250R
12-04-2003, 05:46 AM
Are you talking about the trails at/around the Hoover Met?