PDA

View Full Version : what do you think bout spacers???

jasoncarr25
10-27-2003, 07:00 PM
on ebay the 1 1/2'' wheel spacers made by moto x any body had them on there quads?? if i put these on my quad would i valve my shocks like if they were extended a-arms??

4TraxRider
10-27-2003, 07:42 PM
You can put them on your quad and you don't need to re-valve your shocks. It only puts more stress on your spindles and top arms. IMO I'd save that money towards a set of used arms.

nacs400ex
10-27-2003, 07:59 PM
They are complete junk. If you jump at all it will put lots of stress on your wheel studs. When I bought my 400ex, the owner had put these on it. It bent the studs, so I had to buy new ones :mad: They are also a pain to get off. Save up and get some a-arms.

airheadedduner
10-28-2003, 09:49 AM
They suck, the durablue spacers are much better, though still not as good as a set of arms. I don't like the idea of screwing on another stud on top of my old ones.

ReconRider25
10-28-2003, 01:56 PM
i got 2.5 inch durablues on my rear. i love them. but alot of people have problems with the stud extenders getting loose?:ermm:

nacs400ex
10-28-2003, 06:29 PM
The ones that were on my never got loose, I went riding on them for like 1 week. Then I just tossed them in the garbage, I didnt even wanna waste the time trying to sell them

10-28-2003, 06:59 PM
i woulda bought them..im looking for a pair now...;) do they make a difference if you put them on the front? what about front rims with +2+3 offset? will it make a difference like aarms?

ReconRider25
10-28-2003, 07:25 PM
why would you throw them out if they didnt give you problems? i wish i had money that i could just throw out like that.

JD400exrider
10-28-2003, 11:54 PM
I bought a pair for the front and back when i first bought my quad. Mine are chromoly. Very strong. Screw on to the studs. I took the ones off the front when i bought new a arms. I am still running a pair on the rear untill i get an axle. I have had no problems. My buddies are running them on there raptors front and back.

If you need a pair i have my set off the front i will sell for 45 shipped to your door. I paid 60.00 + shipping. Used them about four rides. They add 1 1/2" on each side for a total of 3" wider. They will work on the front or back. take about ten minutes to install.

dirtmomma
10-29-2003, 08:27 AM
My son just bought a full set for his Blaster, the ones you screw on as new studs, I wasn't too impressed w/ them but I think they should work just fine for flattrack it says right on them DO NOT USE FOR JUMPING but thats only common sense. I worried about if he gets hit from the side(rubbin) if they will break the stock studs but I think we're gonna replace all his stock studs w/ new ones just too be safe.

dirtmomma
10-29-2003, 08:29 AM
Originally posted by nacs400ex
They are complete junk. If you jump at all it will put lots of stress on your wheel studs. When I bought my 400ex, the owner had put these on it. It bent the studs, so I had to buy new ones :mad: They are also a pain to get off. Save up and get some a-arms.

IT SAYS RIGHT ON THEM DO NOT USE FOR JUMPING!!!!:huh

wilkin250r
10-29-2003, 11:49 AM
They are a cheap alternative to extended a-arms or axle. No, you will NOT have to rebuild your shocks, they are NOT the same as extended a-arms, they will NOT affect your shocks at all.

However, they will affect your steering. We've all felt the handlebars twist/jerk when we hit a rock or root. With wheel spacers, that little twist/jerk will be much worse.

And don't jump on them, they drastically change the stresses on your a-arms, and you can break your upper a-arm really easy. On the rear, they are not nearly as strong as an extended axle, and you can break the axle, the spacer, the studs, or tweek the hub.

They do have a good side though. For basic riding, if you can live with steering issue, they greatly improve the stability of your quad in the corners. It's really fun riding a quad with a widened wheelbase, you can take corners much faster and ride quite a bit more aggressively. And the widened wheelbase looks cool as heck!

If you can't afford the a-arms (especially since you need new shocks with them) then I HIGHLY recommend the wheel spacers. There is nothing quite like improving the handling of your quad. It will allow you to push your limits a little further, ride more aggressively, and make you a better rider overall. Just keep the steering and jumping issues in the back of your mind.

jasoncarr25
10-29-2003, 02:50 PM
the track i hit on a regular basis isnt that extreme. has some small doubles ( 20 or 25 ft) same size table tops and alot of rolling jumps. more like its natural track instead of man made. think its safe for spacers?

boogiechile
10-29-2003, 03:40 PM
I suggest staying away from spacers. Especially on the frt. The problems far outweigh the advantages. Remember that the bigger the spacer the worse the bump steer and the more the stress. You can get away with it on the rear but you are stressing the stock axle more.

wilkin250r
10-29-2003, 04:38 PM
Originally posted by jasoncarr25
the track i hit on a regular basis isnt that extreme. has some small doubles ( 20 or 25 ft) same size table tops and alot of rolling jumps. more like its natural track instead of man made. think its safe for spacers?

I'd say no. It's probably safe to catch 3-4 ft of air, but that's about all I'd push. You would have to get a whole lot more than 4ft of air to clear a 25ft double.

When they say do not use for jumping, I certainly wouldn't hit ANY doubles, even if it were only 12 ft. You can get away with wheel spacers for TT, but not MX, there's just too much stress in the landings.

Out_Sider
10-29-2003, 06:01 PM
well i like my 3in spacers up front..but i dont jump except little jumps..so there good for me.. but bump steer is a ***** :mad: .. but they are suppose to handle jumps up to like 10 feet of air..above that is WAY to dangerous to do

yamasaki_125
10-29-2003, 07:03 PM
check these rad spacers out... they hold up EXTREMELY well

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43983&item=2440020264

they are only for the rear but my friend uses his stock axle on his R and has offset rims in front..... he races HARD and goes huge on jumps and not the spacers or the axle has had any problems, these spacers are VERY well designed, they are made about 25 mins away from my house if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me

Poston5
10-29-2003, 08:36 PM
My freind ramps the crap out of his warrior and he has spacers on the front and back and he has never had any problems with them they are dura blue.

dirtmomma
10-30-2003, 08:35 AM
Originally posted by yamasaki_125
check these rad spacers out... they hold up EXTREMELY well

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=43983&item=2440020264

they are only for the rear but my friend uses his stock axle on his R and has offset rims in front..... he races HARD and goes huge on jumps and not the spacers or the axle has had any problems, these spacers are VERY well designed, they are made about 25 mins away from my house if anyone has any questions feel free to PM me
YEP I got a pair of these on my 300 & they are really nice ones, I do jump w/ these on also & they hold up great, but then again I don't get big air I'M A SISSY!! Dang though I got a REALLY good deal on mine thru here cuz I only paid $50:eek: man those are starting at $119:eek2:

nacs400ex
10-30-2003, 04:18 PM
Originally posted by ReconRider25
why would you throw them out if they didnt give you problems? i wish i had money that i could just throw out like that.

Originally posted by dirtmomma
IT SAYS RIGHT ON THEM DO NOT USE FOR JUMPING!!!!

Obviously you two dont read too well. :p j/k

I threw them out because, as I stated before the owner bent the studs. I didnt want them bending again. I never bought them, I dont really care how much money I can get. I aint a scammer and I wouldnt recommend these to anyone, save up for the real thing.

They were on front and back, and it didnt really do anything lol. I took them off and I didnt really notice it.

The previous owner rode the mx track with the studs extenders or whatever they are. I didnt hit a single jump. I rode the quad through the trail. When I was cleaning it, I noticed the studs were bent.

Now I can ride the track all day and not worry about my studs bending.

airheadedduner
10-31-2003, 10:57 AM
I'll let you all know how strong the durablue ones are, I will be racin with em:macho :eek2: