PDA

View Full Version : fmf

02-07-2002, 06:16 PM
I know this topic is beaten into submission but heres my 2 cent's worth. I am going to buy a full fmf system(Power Core iv Q with Powerbomb header) and a K&N with a jet kit. I live on long island where the altitude is basically 0 feet above sea level and was wondering if anyone had this setup and what they jetted it. Also, Are the dynojet kits any better or any different than the K&N jet kit? I am looking to keep these jets all year round where to hottest i ever ride in is 80degrees and the lowest is about 20degrees. Any replies are appriciated.

thanx a lot
:D

02-07-2002, 06:21 PM
also, I've heard that this is just about the quietest systems on the market(:D ) can anyone confirm this. Does anyone have actual Decibel ratings to confirm this? Thanx again.

By the way, is this guy supposed to be sponge guy square whatevers:square ?

oynot400
02-07-2002, 06:33 PM
I am not sure about the Q-series but I had PC4^2. I ran this for about a year before I got the Power Bomb header. That Power Bomb sure does make it quiter. I had to replace my PC4 and got the Pro Curcuit T-4. I think that it is quiter than the FMF.

02-07-2002, 06:47 PM
thanx bud. anyone else contributing to the HELP A LITTLE BOY WITH HIS QUAD fund?

patrick delao
02-08-2002, 07:00 AM
I have a FMF powercore 4 with the powerbomb header for sale, I will give you a great deal on it. ereed@loomisfargo.com

02-08-2002, 09:14 AM
The dynojet and K&N jet kits are the same thing,,you'll probably run about a 160 mainjet and go ahead and put a 40 or 42 pilot jet in while your in the carb,,,I've got almost the same setup and elevation as you,,,this will get you right pretty close on jetting if not perfect....you might have to adjust the air/fuel screw but don't worry about that until you've rejetted and taken it out on a test run. You'll like the FMF setup.:D

02-08-2002, 05:29 PM
Thanks to everyone for their replies, especially Rico. I was also wondering how this system compares to an E-series silencer with a powerbomb header? More power gains, louder, powerband.... any info would be great.
Thanks once again you guys are awesome!:D

patrick delao
02-09-2002, 09:15 AM
I think its personal preferance, I tried them both and not really a power differance just the WB is tuneable with its disc system rather then FMF straight through design. Both sound good I just think the FMF is quieter.

oynot400
02-10-2002, 08:39 PM
I talked a gal from White Bros, she said that the Powerbomb header and the e-series pipe is a good match. Personally I think that the Powerbomb will work good with any pipe. :D