PDA

View Full Version : Phone call from Elka

dannyboy20
10-27-2003, 04:47 PM
I just got a phone call from Elka Suspension. I sent away for info like 2 weeks ago and he was just checking to see if i received it. Then he explained everything anout his suspension in great detail which answered alot of my questions. This ever happen to anyone else ?

10-27-2003, 05:24 PM
Thats what companies are supposed to do

northeast400
10-27-2003, 08:30 PM
I love there service. have not broken in the new shocks yet

muff
10-27-2003, 09:00 PM
Originally posted by Curt

ditto, if this happened to all of us we would all be a group of happy riders...like my lrd exhaust broke so i sent it back to them to get fixed, i waited 2 weeks...no call no nothing, I called up and the guy was nice and he said they were waitin on the muffler to get laser sketched, or he had one that the new logo could get rivited on, and it would be sent the following day...i chose the following day option...another 2.5 weeks go by, still no muffler...hopefully i'll hear somethin good tomorrow when i call. I wish they knew how to dial the phone :rolleyes:

anyways i give props to elka cause thats a really good idea on calling and feeding out more info, I was wonderin how well their triple adjustable shock worked ...I've been happy for the most part with the rear rebuild shock I just need to mess with the adjustments a lot more

bradley300
10-28-2003, 09:17 AM
that is the exact reason you see so many elkas at the track

10-28-2003, 12:54 PM
Originally posted by Curt

Unfortunatly no one does it...:macho

10-28-2003, 01:23 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Unfortunatly no one does it...:macho

Tru dat:bandit:

harebounder
10-29-2003, 08:54 PM
Elka did it with me that is why i bought their shocks haven't regreted it one bit love them and the service.

quader400
10-30-2003, 08:05 PM
yea i sent in an email thing about a rear shock and they called back and told me everything i wanted to know they do have good service.

RED121572
11-01-2003, 11:14 AM
Back in the spring, I contacted them through email, explaining I was interested in getting a set of shocks for the Predator. I asked them what they had to offer.

Six hours later, they sent me back an email, explaining the different combinations I could use and all the prices. I never expected such a great response from them.

RED

forum
11-01-2003, 02:11 PM
elka definately has the best customer service in the industry. And they work hard to keep it that way. Everyone else doesn't give a schit about you. And it shows.

RED121572
11-01-2003, 02:29 PM
Originally posted by forum
elka definately has the best customer service in the industry. And they work hard to keep it that way. Everyone else doesn't give a schit about you. And it shows.

Agreed. Elka was the only suspension company to even reply back to me.

Narly R
11-01-2003, 03:58 PM
..... and am I ever so glad I bought from them.....:)

The extra step makes a HUGE difference! I wish other companies would relize that...:rolleyes:

Guy400
11-02-2003, 05:49 AM
That's great to hear about Elka. I had a very similar scenario when dealing with Todd at TCS. He was very friendly, explained everything to me and kept me in the loop as to why my LT front shocks were taking so long (waiting on measurements for the Arens LT a-arms because I was under the impression that I'd have a set in 2 weeks). When I realized the Arens arms weren't going to be here I switched to standard travel and Todd didn't give me any trouble about it. He valved the front shocks and sent them the next day.

Here's another question I have about PEP. If the shocks have such a great demand and the wait time is so outrageous why aren't more people being hired to expedite the process? I would love to ride on PEP but I absolutely refuse to get my chain yanked for 10-12 months waiting on a set of shocks.

Dave400ex
11-02-2003, 08:37 AM
Elka does have great customer service. Every time I have emailed Yann there is usually a reply the next day. That's a big part of the reason why I got Elka.

blasterkid
11-02-2003, 10:52 AM
elkas awsome i as in very good touch with yann about my shocks and getting them set up just right for me. i was also very lucky to meet him in person at a race. hes such a great guy. and you know what if your shocks dont work out good just calll them up and ask questions they really want you to be satisfyed

11-02-2003, 03:20 PM
hmm i dunno if i should get elka or axis