PDA

View Full Version : 400ex Slip-on exhaust issues!!

yzbill
10-27-2003, 04:30 PM
I have been doing a lot of research on exhausts for the 400ex and i want a slip on that is mid-top oriented with a nice gain. Well it seems like all those pipes are only available as a full system. I think that our stock headpipe with the welds grinded out have penty of flow. Also i think with a silencer from a full exhaust,such as sparks or graydon would create almost the same dyno numbers with their headpipe or stock. i also have read that the diameter of full exhaust head pipes are not much if any larger than stock yet their lenghth is just a little shorter to fit their silencer. They probably have the head pipes different lenghs than stock so someone does'nt slip on that silencer to their stock headpipe and realize the power feels the same and the person going why the heck did i spend the extra 200 bucks for the full exhaust? What i am saying is everyones slip-on is designed a lot more restrictive than their full exhaust silencers are. If you just want the reverse megaphone silncer you are forced to buy the full exhaust which sucks. I believe the exhaust manufactures know this and do it to make us spend more money to get the complete exhaust. Therefore we think we are seeing additional gains through the full exhaust oppsed to the slip-on when we are really seeing gains through the better flowing and designed muffler. What do you guys think?

remlapr
10-27-2003, 04:41 PM
I would almost agree - but I'm pretty sure LRD went AWAY from the megaphone style with thier new full system. Get an e-series and put 18 disk in it - that should be a good top end slip on for a stock motor...

Doibugu2
10-27-2003, 04:53 PM
Go look at the HMF full pipe. That is significantly larger than stock.

sharpshooter
10-27-2003, 05:11 PM
just buy a HMF or T-4 slip on
they are both nice slip on's with nice gains
I went with the HMF and you can choice the color you want it.

yzbill
10-27-2003, 05:18 PM
hmf heapipe does look larger but the dyno charts on their website show same power increase with full exhaust or just the slip-on. Also i want a pipe with good top end and in the dirtwheels shootout they said the pro circuit falls quicker than the stock i dont know since i never rode a bike with one.

sharpshooter
10-27-2003, 05:30 PM
CT slip on = top end