PDA

View Full Version : What do you guys think of the lt250r?

Jake250ex
10-27-2003, 02:11 PM
I am giving up my 250ex for a faster quad, wich should have been done a long time ago. I don't think I will have enough $ for a honda r, so I'm gonna have to settle for the zuki. Anyway, how do they handle and jump? I also hear that they are a little quicker than a trx r... How about reliability? I do alot of woods riding and jumping so those are my main concerns. I have a proposed list of mods already - works tripple rates, possibly axle an a arms, definitely paul turner pipe and razr 2's.

Thanks for help in advance...

10-27-2003, 02:14 PM
Why are you wanting 15 year technology with all these new quads being made:confused:

AtvMxRider
10-27-2003, 02:40 PM
Originally posted by Rico
Why are you wanting 15 year technology with all these new quads being made:confused:

I agree. The lt250 is faster than the trx 250r but it doesn't handle anywhere at all like the trx. If you do alot of woods riding I would get a used 400ex they are going cheap these days.

Juggalo
10-27-2003, 03:05 PM
he probably wants an LT cuz they are dirt cheap. i have owned one and i would probably buy another one given the chance. their nice and fast and real light. they do handle a little funky and have more bumpsteer than usual but if your just an intermediate rider you won't notice it. coming off a 250EX that thing will be a rocketship. they are fairly reliable too but the problem is finding one in good shape is hard. 85-56 models had a 5 speed trans and no powervalve. 87 is the fastest of all the years, it had a powervalve and 6 speed trans. 88-90 where good years and featured the 6 speed trans and powervalve but was slighly down on power, being a newer year its probably better to take this over an 87. 91-92 are the best years, not only do they feature the same great 6 speed powervalved motor but suzuki updated the frames (a major weak point on all quadracers) and since they are newer they are usually in better shape.

cdalejef
10-27-2003, 03:26 PM
Righton Jugg! ;) Anyone have a mint 1990 LT500 they wanna part with?

markeg192
10-27-2003, 04:43 PM
Hope you like wrenching.

Jake250ex
10-27-2003, 05:10 PM
I want an Lt for a couple reasons. First of all, I am sick of four strokes. Can't really explain it, just sick and tired of em. Next off, even if I did want an thumper, I couldn't find one anywhere near the price of a lt. If I could find a 400ex with a few mods for $1350, I may consider it (believe it or not, I would actually rather have an lt.). Next off, I may not be macdizzy, but I know 2 strokes power multiplies twice as quick with mods as any four stroker would. If I can get a quad that will outrun a 400ex, and run with em in the woods (don't try and tell me the 400ex has reverse) for $2000 less, why not. I don't plan on immitating Kelly Chang either, so I think the LT's handling would do just fine for me. After all, im used to a 250ex.

To Rico - If I could afford a $7000 new quad, I probably would get one over the lt. The budget is VERY tight, I had to use about $1300 of the leftover profit off the ex to finish paying it off.

nacs400ex
10-27-2003, 05:55 PM
Originally posted by Rico

Cause it works, simple as that. I dont need to spend double the money for a 400ex, when I can buy an R or LT. Not everyone has money for the YFZ or TRX especially if they wanna dump a lot more money into the motor or suspension.

Jake250ex
10-27-2003, 07:22 PM
Thanks you nacs. A $1500 lt will get me from point a to point b quicker for less than half the price.

10-27-2003, 07:28 PM
Originally posted by Jake250ex
I want an Lt for a couple reasons. First of all, I am sick of four strokes. Can't really explain it, just sick and tired of em. Next off, even if I did want an thumper, I couldn't find one anywhere near the price of a lt. If I could find a 400ex with a few mods for $1350, I may consider it (believe it or not, I would actually rather have an lt.). Next off, I may not be macdizzy, but I know 2 strokes power multiplies twice as quick with mods as any four stroker would. If I can get a quad that will outrun a 400ex, and run with em in the woods (don't try and tell me the 400ex has reverse) for $2000 less, why not. I don't plan on immitating Kelly Chang either, so I think the LT's handling would do just fine for me. After all, im used to a 250ex.

To Rico - If I could afford a $7000 new quad, I probably would get one over the lt. The budget is VERY tight, I had to use about $1300 of the leftover profit off the ex to finish paying it off.

yeah but in the long run a 400ex would be cheaper, lt 250rs are money pits unless u find a totally mint one

nacs400ex
10-27-2003, 07:38 PM
I cant speak for the lt250r cause nobody around here has them. But 250r's can be just as reliable as a 400ex, if you maintain them. I think 400ex's are money pits too, because you have to spend A LOT of money to make them fast. But they do handle good.