PDA

View Full Version : Easy pull clutch

Max400
02-07-2002, 05:58 PM
Has anyone used one of these easy pull clutch's and did it help?

Nausty
02-07-2002, 06:46 PM
The best i've seen are the hydrolic clutches. Those things are awsome, ktm's come stock with them I think and it feels so awsome and smooth when you pull it in. Pulls in with one finger with ease. I think they are around $200 though i'm not sure.

02-07-2002, 08:38 PM
I bought one, tried it and then gave it to a friend...
#1 it gets in the way..

#2 makes the cluch pull realy weird...

#3 Made the clutch engage way late for some reason.

Im no dummy and had everthing installed correctly..

I ended up buying a PEP power lever from white brothers..
Unhooked all the garbage stock stuff. Just left the clutch lever and wiring.. Soldered the stock clutch override wires together and stuffed them in the started switch and put on the new lever and perch.. One finger and shaves 1/2 pound of the Quad and looks trick....

02-07-2002, 11:23 PM
I got the MSR raptor clutch lever/perch assy with the shorty lever and I like it pretty good so far. Let's face it. I crash. No really, I crash, alot. I got sick of replacing levers left and right (and I leave them on loose so they will hopefully rotate instead of snap when I crash (alot)). Anyways, the new setup has a pretty beefy lever that actually does move instead of snap. I'd recommend it to anybody.

oldnumberseven
02-07-2002, 11:31 PM
I use a Magura Hydrolic clutch....that thing rocks.

Chris:devil

Scott
02-08-2002, 06:52 AM
Yes I have one.
Yes I use it.
Yes I like it.

I put one on a Yamaha IT490 dirtbike that had a monster clutch pull. It takes a little tinkering to get it adjusted right, but once you do, it really helps. I would say I got a 50% reduction in clutch pull. It went from unbearable to ride for a couple hours, to not too bad too ride all day.

I used it while I had hand guards and bark busters on the bars and it worked fine. I'm not sure how it would get in your way unless you're trying to hold on to the bars inside the grips...

Nausty
02-08-2002, 07:20 PM
Originally posted by FatBoy Racing
I got the MSR raptor clutch lever/perch assy with the shorty lever and I like it pretty good so far. Let's face it. I crash. No really, I crash, alot. I got sick of replacing levers left and right (and I leave them on loose so they will hopefully rotate instead of snap when I crash (alot)). Anyways, the new setup has a pretty beefy lever that actually does move instead of snap. I'd recommend it to anybody.

sounds like me when I ride dirt bikes:D or quads for that matter, right now i'm waiting on handle bars. Us we have our clutch level loosened where it mounts to the handle bar so that if I roll it I just have to wack it up with my wrist and my dad shortened it so I only need to use 2 or 3 fingers to pull it in and then grinded it off.

mrusk
02-09-2002, 01:30 PM
If you have 200 bucks to spend, by all means by the hydrolic clutch.

max400EX
02-09-2002, 01:54 PM
well its your lucky day because Hydrolic clutches arent $200, they are only $100-$130

Max400
02-10-2002, 12:01 AM
Where did you see one for $100.00 to $130.00 ???
I would buy one for that price.

02-10-2002, 06:12 PM
does that MSR raptor setup reduce clutch pull at all??

wiplash
02-11-2002, 04:16 PM
Max400, I see that you are from Live Oak. Is that off of 99? I think I've passed through it before. Is there some good riding up that way? I live below Sacramento. Shoot me an email at wiplash26@aol.com and let me know. Thanks, Justin

02-11-2002, 06:12 PM
Yeah, the MSR Raptor has 3 positions, 1 is for a longer pull, 2 is same as stock, and 3 is shorter/easier pull. I use it on 3 and as long as I keep the cable lubed, it seems like nothing is there when riding. It works real well in my case.