PDA

View Full Version : Best Contacts

Doibugu2
10-27-2003, 12:50 PM
I know there was a thread not to long ago about this, but these contacts are so good, I wanted everyone to know about them.

They are Focus Day and Night. You can where these for 30 days straight without having to take them out. All you have to do is put in eye drops in the morning and at night. Plus maybe 1 or 2 times during the day if your eyes get dry.

I used to have disposables that lasted 2 weeks before but had to take out each night. That was too much of a headache for me.

The new contacts are much lighter and seem to breath much better. I can also rub my eye, which I could barely do with my other contacts. When I rubbed my eye with my other contacts the contact would roll up in my eye. I don't have that problem at all with my new ones. Also, because they are in all the time, you can get up at night and be able to read the clock. My eyesight is not that bad, but I have heard others complain about that.

Also, riding they are much better. Because I can rub my eye, when I get dirt/dust in them from riding I can rub them and make my eye tear up a bit and get the crap out.

They are about double the cost, but well worth it. I was seriously considering eye surgury but I was a little worried my eyes would get messed up. These contacts are so much better that I'm not even considering it.

blondie69
10-27-2003, 01:03 PM
kool stuff dude!:D If I can ever convince my parents to get me another eye exam and to get me contacts...I'll probably get those then! I hate glasses...I haven't worn mine since about grade 9, and I refuse to, cuz I hate them so bad and I look weird with glasses. I always have to copy of friends work at school cuz I usually sit in the back or pretty close to it:rolleyes: But plus...even if I did decide to start wearin my glasses again for some reason...their too weak for me now anyways, its a lil blurry when I put em on, ah well. About how much did those cost? (I know ya said bout double the price of other ones, but I dunno how much they cost either):confused:

UglyMotha™
10-27-2003, 01:09 PM
shouldn't this be in the powertrain forum or somthing :huh

this is exriders not lenscrafters :huh

:blah: neways good review never wore contacts before debated it some but then went with nah, actually now i'm thinking about getting that laser surgery crap done:o

kamikaze_rzrbak
10-27-2003, 01:10 PM
ive been wearing contacts since i was 9(im 16 now) and ive never had a pair of good contacts. Ive always had problems. And i always tell myself that when i go in to the eye doctor i will tell them i want the best and most comfertable, but every time they hand some unheard of brand and i'm out the door before i can say anything. damn doctors

Doibugu2
10-27-2003, 01:11 PM
I think they were like $200 or so for a 6 mo supply. I don't remeber exactly. And I was paying like $120 for a 6 mo supply with my 2 week disposables.

hondafox440
10-27-2003, 01:13 PM
I have those Acuvue 2 things. I heard those month long ones can cause damage because they may not let enough oxygen to the eye? I can't wait to get LASIK.

Doibugu2
10-27-2003, 01:13 PM
Originally posted by UglyMotha™
shouldn't this be in the powertrain forum or somthing :huh

this is exriders not lenscrafters :huh

:blah: neways good review never wore contacts before debated it some but then went with nah, actually now i'm thinking about getting that laser surgery crap done:o

I was trying to figure out how I could stop you from posting, but couldn't come up with something.

Do you ride with your glasses, I cannot remember. I was seriously going to get the laser surgery, but was very nervous.

Hey if you got rid of the 1960's glasses you might be cool!:devil:

chucked
10-27-2003, 02:15 PM
I get a badass headache whenever I sleep with contacts, the only time I wear them is when I go riding all day so I can wear goggles

Doibugu2
10-27-2003, 02:21 PM
Originally posted by chucked
I get a badass headache whenever I sleep with contacts, the only time I wear them is when I go riding all day so I can wear goggles

That's one of the problems I had with my other one's. I don't have that problem now.

chucked
10-27-2003, 02:22 PM
wow I think I might have to try them.

lol
10-27-2003, 04:05 PM
Originally posted by Doibugu2
I know there was a thread not to long ago about this, but these contacts are so good, I wanted everyone to know about them.

They are Focus Day and Night. You can where these for 30 days straight without having to take them out. All you have to do is put in eye drops in the morning and at night. Plus maybe 1 or 2 times during the day if your eyes get dry.

I used to have disposables that lasted 2 weeks before but had to take out each night. That was too much of a headache for me.

The new contacts are much lighter and seem to breath much better. I can also rub my eye, which I could barely do with my other contacts. When I rubbed my eye with my other contacts the contact would roll up in my eye. I don't have that problem at all with my new ones. Also, because they are in all the time, you can get up at night and be able to read the clock. My eyesight is not that bad, but I have heard others complain about that.

Also, riding they are much better. Because I can rub my eye, when I get dirt/dust in them from riding I can rub them and make my eye tear up a bit and get the crap out.

They are about double the cost, but well worth it. I was seriously considering eye surgury but I was a little worried my eyes would get messed up. These contacts are so much better that I'm not even considering it.

o yeah hmmmmm.i wanna get them

flyin#5
10-27-2003, 04:07 PM
i just wear my regular contacts for 30 days straight anyways. but this would probably be a better idea.

Ohio R
10-27-2003, 06:29 PM
Laser surgery is the only way to go. As soon as I got off the table I was at 20-15.. Still crystal clear. Its amazing how crazier it looks flying through the woods and actually seeing the trees you almost clip :)