PDA

View Full Version : Anyone here from Hawaii?

blackraptor16
10-27-2003, 11:00 AM
Okay, my fiance is going to kill me for asking anyone this...because he is not big on going to Hawaii in the first place. His idea of the perfect honeymoon is loading up the quads and heading out to Glamis (we live in Indiana.) While this sounds like my idea of a perfect VACATION, after 2 years of planning a wedding (dealing with all the elments - family fueds, outdoor wedding = rain?, etc.) I just want to relax on a nice beach in Hawaii. Besides, Glamis seems like a perfect place to take our kids on a vaction - but whens the next time we will get to go to Hawaii after we begin making babies??? :D

BUT I had heard that you can rent ATV's in Hawaii and there are places to ride there. Is anyone here from Hawaii, been to Hawaii? I'm sure that the rental ATV's are cheesedick ones, but hey at least it might make him semi-happy...?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!

86350x
10-27-2003, 11:19 AM
[i] I'm sure that the rental ATV's are cheesedick ones, [/B]

Lol, I'll see what I can find out. Valcanoe riding looked pretty awesome to me.

Glamis would also be fun though, and make sure you get some bikini pics while your in hawaii.

Pappy
10-27-2003, 11:32 AM
ive been to hawaii 4 times....once on my honeymoon ...3 just for chit's and giggle's. other then the fact of being able to say ive been there its not worth it IMO. id rather be camping and drinkin' beer then go back.

but have a great time, and good luck:cool:

oldsandman
10-27-2003, 12:04 PM
My parents live on the big island of hawaii. You can rent quads there and the ridding is pretty cool. It is more of a sight seeing tour but it's worth it. The best places to stay on the big island are on the kona coast, tons of resorts. Some really nice beach's and not as crowded as the other islands.

86350x
10-28-2003, 02:32 AM
http://www.outfittershawaii.com/

http://www.tombarefoot.com/kauai/atv_kauai.html

All you can do is call and ask, I think you can ride in the valcano national park? Correct me if I'm wrong, I'm sure you can rent a high perf quad somewhere there.

F-16Guy
10-28-2003, 04:49 PM
Well, I lived in Pearl City for a while (N.W. of Honolulu). The island of Oahu is pretty much commercialized. If you want a more authentic Hawaiian experience, go to one of the other islands. My girlfriend is in love with Maui, and I've heard the Big Island is nice also. Don't expect to be entertained if you go somewhere other than Oahu. The other islands aren't lined with clubs and bars, but if you want some peace and quiet and some amazing hiking, they're much better. One more thing, Poi=wallpaper paste.:D

joeroadking
10-28-2003, 05:14 PM
HAwaii for a honeymoon definatly!I would go to princeville resort in,kaui the most beutiful and uncomercial island, second I would go to maui, I went there for two weeks about 3years ago just to relax and If I could ever afford to I must say I would spend the rest of my life there it is that nice !!! I rented harley well on each island and toured each island I was on my own and must say it was unbelivable 4000 ft cliffs windy roads, waimea canyon , falls ,rd to hana definatly not boston WOW really makes you belive there is a god!:D

NTPracing22
10-28-2003, 05:38 PM
I went a few years ago and i'm headin back this year. We went to the big island and stayed at the Wiacaloa-its like a town in itsself. its absolutly beautiful in hawaii. we took a blue hawaii helocopter tour-it was a great tour but i don't recoment it anymore, they've had a couple accidents the past years. lol

but anyways, its a beautful place, but i hear glamis is too. maybe it'll take a little perswation (sp) to get him to go to hawaii.

i really wish i could opst pics (easily) on her because i have a huge scrap bnook of pictures froma ll around the big island

good luck

Ryan
10-28-2003, 05:38 PM
Just make sure you don't steal and rocks from the valcano's :eek: ! Your gonna get haunted by the Valcano chick :eek2: .

Theres a ton of "So Called" Haunted places in Hawaii.

oldsandman
10-28-2003, 05:47 PM
Originally posted by Ryan
Just make sure you don't steal and rocks from the valcano's :eek: ! Your gonna get haunted by the Valcano chick :eek2: .

Theres a ton of "So Called" Haunted places in Hawaii.

Pele won't get you but you'll have bad luck ;) She usualy is seen from time to time hitchiking. Once you pick-up the beutiful hitchiker she rides with you not talking then after a while she vanishes right in front of your eyes. My parents live bye a "ghost" path from the old days but I've never seen any:D :eek:

The lava rock thing too is pretty funny...the post office gets literaly a ton of black sand and lava rock back each year.

oldsandman
10-28-2003, 05:56 PM
[QUOTE]Originally posted by NTPracing22
I went a few years ago and i'm headin back this year. We went to the big island and stayed at the Wiacaloa-its like a town in itsself. its absolutly beautiful in hawaii. we took a blue hawaii helocopter tour-it was a great tour but i don't recoment it anymore, they've had a couple accidents the past years. lol

but anyways, its a beautful place, but i hear glamis is too. maybe it'll take a little perswation (sp) to get him to go to hawaii.

i really wish i could opst pics (easily) on her because i have a huge scrap bnook of pictures froma ll around the big island

good luck [/QUOTE

The Shareton Waikaloa is huge! When they opened it we called it disneyland west...The swim with the dolphins is pretty cool. I also went on blue hawaii's helo ride it was awesome until the guy beside me started blowing chunks! BH hasn't had any crashes but a couple of others have. Their have also been about a half dozen hikers that have fallen through in the lava fields.

blackraptor16
10-29-2003, 10:34 AM
Hey thanks you all for the great posts!:) If I cant convince him - maybe y'all can! Plus HELLO he gets to look at chicks in Bikinis - we watched a Travel Channel Special about Hawaii and when he saw all the thong bikini's he said "Well maybe it won't be THAT bad." :grr: Haha.

86350x
10-29-2003, 11:32 AM
Lol, he's probrably not gonna leave you alone long enough to go atv'ing:D :blah:

NTPracing22
10-29-2003, 04:24 PM
oldsandman-i've heard about those poeople fallin threw, ya gotta be pretty stupid to walk past the danger sings and walk around the holes where you can look down and see flowing lava beneith you with nothing holding you up but dried lava

the swimming with dolphins thing is alright, i watched a few poeple go in and "swim" with them-all they did is feed it a fish. lol. we decided to take our money and do somethin better. so we baught food and went in the area of captain cook's cove (place of refuge).

my sister and iw ere snorkling and a pod of about 10-15 dolphins came and swam right up next to us about 75 yards off shore. Luckly i had my waterproof camera to snag some pics:)

oldsandman
10-29-2003, 04:36 PM
Originally posted by NTPracing22
oldsandman-i've heard about those poeople fallin threw, ya gotta be pretty stupid to walk past the danger sings and walk around the holes where you can look down and see flowing lava beneith you with nothing holding you up but dried lava

the swimming with dolphins thing is alright, i watched a few poeple go in and "swim" with them-all they did is feed it a fish. lol. we decided to take our money and do somethin better. so we baught food and went in the area of captain cook's cove.

my sister and iw ere snorkling and a pod of about 10-15 dolphins came and swam right up next to us about 75 yards off shore. Luckly i had my waterproof camera to snag some pics:)

Capt. Cook is awesome great diving there! Another good place is Puako bay lots of turtles and in the winter we have whales too. The old fishing village is good too but the lady that runs the place is a bit..h and hates haole's.

The dolphin thing is good in the off season. I did it with my daughters and they actualy let us swim with them just the three of us. I guess it helps when you know the trainer! LOL!

Did you go see the volcano? that can be a good trip too.

400exrules
10-29-2003, 07:38 PM
glamis glamis glamis glamis glamis glamis glamis glamis glamis glamis glamis glamis glamis glamis glamis glamis......................AND MORE GLAMIS

or you can go ride around volcanoes till you fall in one and die :eek: ....... your choice:o

by the way.....GLAMIS GLAMIS GLAMIS GLAMIS GLAMIS GLAMIS!!!!

blackraptor16
11-03-2003, 04:34 PM
*ahem* not the answer I was looking for :blah: haha!

AtvMxRider
11-03-2003, 05:37 PM
Originally posted by blackraptor16
Hey thanks you all for the great posts!:) If I cant convince him - maybe y'all can! Plus HELLO he gets to look at chicks in Bikinis - we watched a Travel Channel Special about Hawaii and when he saw all the thong bikini's he said "Well maybe it won't be THAT bad." :grr: Haha.

Well then you need to join them and wear a thong too. Get a pic of it if you do.........:devil:

NTPracing22
11-04-2003, 11:27 AM
oldsandman-we went to the volcano on the blue hawaii helo trip. it was pretty fun, it was interesting to see the shack that was in the middle of all the old lava (legand says Pele was in it and thats why it didn't burn up-for those who haven't heard before)

seeing the waterfalls was cool too-but i have to say, probley the most interesting thing was the mini climits. We went from a beach that was in the 90's, then drove 3 miles and had to put a sweatshirt on.

its hard to say what the most interesting thing was because everywhere i went the trip just kept getting better and better. I cant' wait until June!! We're headin back for over a week, and we've got plans to rent atv's too. maybe i can sneek my R on the plane if i still have it then...:devil:

TRX250X
11-04-2003, 11:39 AM
Go for Hawaii. You might never be able to talk him into that again. This is off topic, but do you know anybody from Laporte that goes to Purdue. My neighbors here are from there.

11-04-2003, 01:50 PM
Originally posted by blackraptor16
Okay, my fiance is going to kill me for asking anyone this...because he is not big on going to Hawaii in the first place. His idea of the perfect honeymoon is loading up the quads and heading out to Glamis (we live in Indiana.) While this sounds like my idea of a perfect VACATION, after 2 years of planning a wedding (dealing with all the elments - family fueds, outdoor wedding = rain?, etc.) I just want to relax on a nice beach in Hawaii. Besides, Glamis seems like a perfect place to take our kids on a vaction - but whens the next time we will get to go to Hawaii after we begin making babies??? :D

BUT I had heard that you can rent ATV's in Hawaii and there are places to ride there. Is anyone here from Hawaii, been to Hawaii? I'm sure that the rental ATV's are cheesedick ones, but hey at least it might make him semi-happy...?

Any information would be helpful.

Thanks!
i was in Hawaii in august and went riding. there were 2 places i saw in Maui where u can rent ATVs and go riding, not worth it. pretty gay on polaris trail blazers. good trip though. if u go i wouldnt recommend Honolulu,its more city like and a lot of asian tourists. Maui is 10x nicer. more relaxing and what u would think hawaii should be.

Jeffksf
11-04-2003, 02:14 PM
We went to Kaui for our Honeymoon just over a year ago. We loved it, and I would go back in a second. there were a few ATV rental /tour places there, but we didn't end up doing it. Kaui is more of a laid back non-party island. I would say everyone should go atleast once in there life.

oldsandman
11-04-2003, 07:42 PM
Originally posted by NTPracing22
oldsandman-we went to the volcano on the blue hawaii helo trip. it was pretty fun, it was interesting to see the shack that was in the middle of all the old lava (legand says Pele was in it and thats why it didn't burn up-for those who haven't heard before)

seeing the waterfalls was cool too-but i have to say, probley the most interesting thing was the mini climits. We went from a beach that was in the 90's, then drove 3 miles and had to put a sweatshirt on.

its hard to say what the most interesting thing was because everywhere i went the trip just kept getting better and better. I cant' wait until June!! We're headin back for over a week, and we've got plans to rent atv's too. maybe i can sneek my R on the plane if i still have it then...:devil:

The climate changes are the best part of living on the big island. If you get tired of the 90's head up the mountain untill you hit snow! At my parents house it rains less than 3''s a year 10 miles away it rains over 360''s yearly.

When you go in June you should try the horse riding in Waipio valley. Let me know when you're going in june I might be there.