PDA

View Full Version : Pro Designs Kill Switch on a Warrior

EXfireguy
02-07-2002, 05:37 PM
Has anyone out there installed a Pro Designs kill switch on a Yamaha Warrior? I am in the middle of installing one and I am having trouble. Just put one on my 400 EX and it went SMOOTH. My question is this... Which wire (and where) do I splice into to wire this switch in???
Chip

Nausty
02-07-2002, 07:06 PM
I don't have a warrior so i can't look at the stock kill switch setup but think about how it works and is it like the 400ex? I think you will need to splice the wire to your stock kill switch if you still want that to be functional then you hook up up the 2 big wires to that and the small wire I think is the ground which you hook up to the frame. I'm not sure I havn't installed my tether kill swith on the 400ex yet because i'm waiting for new handle bars and it would be poinless going though the work to mount them on bent handle bars.

Nausty
02-08-2002, 03:59 PM
never mind there is 2 wires? I guess I don't know.

EXfireguy
02-08-2002, 04:09 PM
OK,
Figured this thing out. After blowing 2 fuses, and listening to a whole lotta opinions from the local peanut gallery here is what you do.
1. Connect the short with to a good ground, under the 10mm bolt holding the from plastics is a great spot.
2. Disconnect the orange wire from the coil located under the headlight assembly, solder the long wire to it and put some heatshrink tubing around it to protect it.
That is it!!!
Works like a charm.
I must admit, the guys at Pro Designs are DIPSTICKS with NO patience.
Later,
Chip:D