PDA

View Full Version : Scam?

CowsBitePeople
10-26-2003, 07:07 PM
my friend has been dealin with this guy....what u think? its for a street bike 1600 shipped i bleieve is the price
a kawasaki ninja 250r
First email
Hello,
Sorry for contacting you in this way, but I have see that you are interested into a "Kawasaki Ninja 250"(I have see that you have bid on one like that ) and I have one like that too.
I am selling to help my father to finish home improvement project that is over budget, I don't want to sell this bike but my father house has to come first.
So, if you are interested to buy it, please e-mail me back and we can make a fast transaction and a secure one.
Thank you.

P.S. Please take a look at my feedback

last email
I accept your price and we use UPS Exchange Collect ( www.exchangeups.com ) because I want to sell my bike because my father lives in Portugal and he need this money for a family problem. I live in Wisconsin and I will make the shipping arrangements. After I have made that you will receive an e-mail from UPS with all shipping information's and the UPS agent full name and address where you must send the money with Western Union.
After you have made the payment to the UPS agent you will receive the bike and you have three days for inspection. After this three days UPS agent will give the money to my father and the transaction is closed.
I hope you understand and we can start the deal.
I wait your reply with your full name and address

Thanks

my friend wants to sdend out the money tomorrow but i just want to make sure its good for him so he dont get ripped off

Guy400
10-26-2003, 07:11 PM
It's the same old lame ebay scam. The person types in purposely poor english in an attempt to make you think he really does live outside the U.S. They're still claiming to be from Portugal and they use the same payment method.

If your friend values his money he'll let this one go. Here's how they're working this scam: They get a valid VIN number off a bike (even if it's one sitting in a local grocery store parking lot) and they give it to you as "proof" of a legit item. You take that VIN to the bank and they run it and it comes back clean. You send money via Western Union to the seller and you never hear from him again. No bike is ever delivered.

chucked
10-26-2003, 07:13 PM
i dont know about you all but I would never buy anything unless I could see it in person first.

Evo8
10-26-2003, 07:17 PM
hey guys im the one who is going to buy it, this guy seems convincing enough he does have 152 positive feedbacks, i mean ya it sounds like a good deal to me, im having him sign a paper that states information on it, what do u think i should do that can really help me know for sure if this guy tells the truth or not and how i can obtain a address from him.

Evo8
10-26-2003, 07:21 PM
he is not from portuguel if u read, he is from wiskonson

Guy400
10-26-2003, 07:22 PM
I'm telling you right now, you send this guy the money and you'll never hear from him again. You WILL lose $1600 if you go through with this. You can have him sign all the papers in world but it's all BS if he's signing fake names.

Evo8
10-26-2003, 07:28 PM
it says threw UPS exchange that I will give ups the money (1,600) than they will get the bike and will ship it to me, they than will give me 3 days to inspect the bike, if i don't like it i send it back, or after 3 days the seller than recieves the money.

chucked
10-26-2003, 07:29 PM
what year is it?

Evo8
10-26-2003, 07:30 PM
2002 with 2,300 miles and i have recieved pictures of it

Guy400
10-26-2003, 07:35 PM
Evo8, it's obvious you're convinced this guy is legit. Send him your hard earned money and please come back and tell us about how your bike never showed up. Go to nearly every ATV, motorcycle and dirtbike forum and this same scam is being discussed. Other people have been dumb enough to send the money and none of them have gotten the merchandise.

If you do send the money please tell us if you get the bike or not. Why don't you email this guy back and tell him you'd like to come to his house in Wisconsin and look this bike over in person, I guarantee he'll have an excuse.

416exmx
10-26-2003, 07:35 PM
DO NOT DO IT>>>>DO NOT DO IT!!!! if it sounds too good to be true...then it is. i just got into it with a guy claiming to live 1hr north of me and he wouldnt let me come and pick a quad up. he wanted me to deposit the money and he insisted on him shipping it for free. he would not take cash either. it had to be a paypal deposit. i got his name and checked directory assistance and no one by that name even lives in my state. i let him have an ear full of how i felt about him. there are many many scams going on right now.

someone has also figured out a way to send people e-mails that look just like ones from ebay. they say that they will get ebay involved and ebay will verify them. the fraud people actually are the ones sending the e-mails so watch out.

i personally would not buying something with out seeing it first.

dont get a bad idea of ebay though. there are many many good people out there that you can trust, but a few bad ones ruin it for everyone. i just sold my Powroll425 quad to a guy in California and he wired me the money like 2 weeks ago. i still have the quad and am waiting on the shipping company to ship it for him. he put his trust in me and i WILL NOT let him down. Like i said too bad a few people can ruin it for everybody.

Evo8
10-26-2003, 07:36 PM
haha good idea i will ask to come to his house

chucked
10-26-2003, 07:38 PM
it is a sweet deal if its true, if it was me buying it this is what I think about... why couldnt he just set it out in his front yard with a"for sale" sign on it for $1600 (or $1600-shipping costs). but instead he put it on the internet or whatever and now he has to go through the hassle of shipping it and everything. Its about $1000 under blue book so its a good deal. If I were you I would want to test drive it and everything first.

Evo8
10-26-2003, 07:40 PM
i mean still here are my ideas of what to do, i ask him to send me his address, than i ask him to make a small paypal deposit to my account to check if the addresses are the same, i also asked for his number to call him and i said i would take a ride down to check out the bike, im waiting for his response on what he says.

Evo8
10-26-2003, 07:44 PM
i mean i can always go to kawasaki and get there 36 dollar a month for 36 months deal for a new 2004, sorry guys im a kawaski person but i still favor honda ;). so i can fall for a scam, or get a bike that might have problems or works great for a great price, or i can go out and buy a 2004 for 3,000 new and get stuck wit that bill that i dunno were i will get the cash for lol. Its just when u get a deal like that you want to look into and make sure if its real or not cause i can be getting a kick *** deal.

chucked
10-26-2003, 07:47 PM
actually to make it more legit, say you have a cousin or something that lives about an hour from him and he knows alot about bikes etc.... that wants to come look at it. (why would you travel that far just to look at a bike, plane tickets are expensive)

416exmx
10-26-2003, 07:50 PM
if the deal sounds fishy in any way, the only way i would buy it would be if i went there in person, stood next to the bike, handed over the cash and then loaded up the bike. that is only if the deal sounded too good to be true or if something was fishy.

Evo8
10-26-2003, 07:51 PM
well im ****ed now cause i said i would take the ride down myself lol

Evo8
10-26-2003, 07:52 PM
you guys have basically convinced me to say **** it to this deal and head over the kawasaki dealer and buy a new one :P

chucked
10-26-2003, 07:53 PM
O well lets see what he has to say.

Evo8
10-26-2003, 07:56 PM
im not sure if he will respond to that email by tonight but i will update this thread once i get the response from him

CowsBitePeople
10-26-2003, 07:58 PM
I saved you man if it werent for me u would have sent out 1600 and never seen anything from it im soo cool:p bahh

Evo8
10-26-2003, 07:59 PM
well dun worry Matt(cows) Imma steal ur 400ex so ur gonna be out a quad :D

CowsBitePeople
10-26-2003, 08:00 PM
u can have it ill give you my shed key so you dont even have to bother breaking into the shed....bahh

416exmx
10-26-2003, 08:03 PM
I inquired about another quad and he said it was in Austria and was free shipping. it was like 1/2 price of what it should be. i told him that since it was soo cheap i would fly there and look at it and then fly back and then he could ship it to me. well, i never heard back from him after e-mailing him the idea many times.

if anyone has noticed in ebay motors under the ATV section there are like 20 listings each day of like brand new quads for like 1/3 of the price they should be. i hope no one on here ever falls for that scam.

TheX1992
10-26-2003, 08:28 PM
give me his address im from wisconsin ill pay him a visit :)

Evo8
10-26-2003, 08:30 PM
u will proble buy it lol, but i will give you his address once i get it, Contact me on aim - EclipseMblue

Evo8
10-27-2003, 07:43 AM
How do you want me to contact you? Give me your phone number and I will call you.
Take a look here www.exchangeups.com and you will see how I want to make the deal.
I wait your reply
Thanks

<<<<< thats the email i got from the respond of asking to come to his house, i responded by asking for his name, phone, address or the deal is off, so i await his response, so what im going to do is call 411 check the name address and phone for if he is real, also for him to pay a small paypal deposit. I mean if all the ideas check through and he says that i can come down i will call him and check things out, talk to ups cause i never knew they can ship Bikes, so i check up on that, get some notorized papers and stuff and if everything works ya know, but right now im leaning towards buying a new bike.

nuttynewt
10-27-2003, 08:17 AM
A while back a guy hacked into a friend's ebay account and his hotmail account and was running scams like that out of it. Once he found out ebay shut it down. So even though that guy gives you personal info. doesn't mean its legit. If it sounds way too good to be true, believe me, it is.

TheX1992
10-27-2003, 10:12 AM
Originally posted by Evo8
u will proble buy it lol, but i will give you his address once i get it, Contact me on aim - EclipseMblue

i cant afford to put gas in my truck let alone buy that. my aim is 'i am the goliath' in case i forget to add you lol

Evo8
10-27-2003, 11:40 AM
lol

Evo8
10-27-2003, 03:47 PM
No reply from the guy, i had asked for his number and house address nothing all day, gotta be a scam so now im just gonna **** wit this guy so badly trying to take my money. ****in low lifes who need to steal cash i tell him im a undercover cop or something and make him my ******. :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: :mad: