PDA

View Full Version : ?? on Fastline brake lines

02-07-2002, 03:06 PM
I recently ordered some of these from Marcums, and I didnt think to ask this of them, so I'll ask you guys while I'm remembering it. Does the set they sell eliminate the junction and go straight to the lever or is their set just from the junction to the calipers only?

Thanks!

Tommy 17
02-07-2002, 03:17 PM
they have the junction on them... u have one that goes from the handle bar res to under the front fender... it screws into a black metal piece with 3 holes in it... then u have 2 lines that run from that to each wheel... u have to watch all the lines are differnt lengths... but u just have to play around till u get them right... if u need me to look which one goes where just tell me i will go look... later tommy

02-07-2002, 03:23 PM
so if I understand you correctly, the new kit will include three lines and a new junction box or the existing box is re-used?

Thanks again

02-07-2002, 03:24 PM
I'm sure you will get the same thing 400ex21 and I got, a junction box. Like 400ex21 said, there are different length lines that you need to think about placing them.

Note: I think there is a company that makes the SS brake lines where the junction box is eliminated. I think it has only 2 lines that are mounted at the resevoir, and run right to the brake.

Tommy 17
02-07-2002, 04:13 PM
yeah they give u a new one... i think its lsr that makes the double lines... russel brake lines the bottom ones come already mounted to the box u just have to add the top one...

02-07-2002, 04:44 PM
cool, works for me . . . thanks fer the info :D