PDA

View Full Version : what should i do ..... (please reply as soon as you can)

yellowrider
02-07-2002, 02:56 PM
hey i have a 300ex with w/b pro meg
and bigger jets and kn

i was wondering what is the best number of disk i should be running i was running 12 but felt like i didnt have that much power. i currently have it apart and it took like 15 mins to get it apart and i odnt want to take it off again today or any time soon or less i have to cause its a pain. i dont really have the right tooks for it i managed with one of those blck things oh well i dont know what they are called but right now i am washing the disk they are nasty black

and i was wondering what amount of disk should i be running for a good power curve all over the power band?

JhallettEX
02-07-2002, 03:11 PM
Hope this will help.

Bolt the system on with the number of E-Series Discs supplied in the kit, then go out and ride it. Note the power and how it carburates compared to stock exhaust system. We have many cases where actually using less discs, increased the horsepower significantly.Your individual dyno chart for your model will show you the best overall combination to use.
All things being equal and in good working condition, a lean condition will be noted as a hesitation, increased temperature, loss of power and(or) back firing/popping on deceleration. A rich condition will be sluggish performance, black smoke, fouled spark plugsand(or) increased fuel consumption. Altering the number of E-Series Discs can improve and solve most of these conditions. Whenyou understand how they work in conjunction with each other, tuning becomes a very simple procedure.
In the simplest form, increasing or decreasing the number of E-Series Discs basically increases and decreases the size of the outlet hole. Adding Discs increases the outlet hole size. Subtracting Discs decreases the outlet hole size. In most cases, 4 Discs will equal the flow of a stock exhaust system. Equally, 28 Discs is the maximum number of Discs (provided the silencer core is large enough to handle this amount of flow). The core size will also affect the number of Discs you are able to fully utilize. You can note the core size in your particular E-Series by removing the End Cap/Disc assembly and measuring across the O.D.of the perforated core. Most E-Series come with a 2.0” round or 2.25”elliptical core.
By adding E-Series Discs, you are increasing the outlet area and thereby increasing: the powerband for more top-end power, the sound level and leaning out the carburetion. By subtracting E-Series Discs,you are decreasing: the outlet area and thereby decreasing the powerband for more bottom end or torque, the sound level and enriching the carburetion.
Remember, using more or less E-Series Discs does not necessarily equate to an increase or decrease in horsepower. Every engine has its “sweet spot”. And of course every person has their preferred powerband preference. The E-Series system was supplied with enough Discs for an optimum overall powerband response, sound level, and stock jetting. Additional Discs are available to provide you an even broader choice of tunability.
Above all, do not be afraid to experiment with the Discs. The new E-Series is fully tuneable. Adding and/or removing Discs can and does make a huge difference!

yellowrider
02-07-2002, 03:28 PM
thanks for all the help but it seems like i read that some where before .....

yellowrider
02-07-2002, 04:32 PM
dude i can not screw them back in i have them in the right way and everything they start to get really hard to tighten up after the first one i tried for at least a hour different ways getting them in there waht am i doing wrong??? this is my first time taking them off also