PDA

View Full Version : Suspension

400EXTRD
10-26-2003, 09:43 AM
was wondering what the choices were for suspensions. I only ride the dunes. Looking for a sweet set-up. Shocks, a-arms, swing arm, etc. thanks

Silverfox@C&DRacing
10-27-2003, 03:08 PM
If you are talking about a 400ex there are many choices I guess it all depends how much you want to spend and what you are looking for.
for shocks there is
Works
Elka
TCS
Custom Axis
PEP
Motowoz
Ohlins

for axles there is
LSR
Durablue
RPM

swingarms
Houser
Burguard
LSR
RPM
Denton

A Arms
Houser
Burguard
LSR
Denton
Walsh
Roll Design

There are so many companies out there that make the products I just listed a couple so you could get an Idea again it is all in how much you want to spend
I hope this gave you a starting point.

400EXTRD
10-28-2003, 09:42 PM
well if im gonna do an all out suspension I'm gonna do it right the first time. So what set-up is the ultimate for dunes? thanks and roughly how much will the complete set-up cost?

wilkin250r
10-29-2003, 12:16 PM
Alot also depends on your riding STYLE. I know lots of dune riders that only shoot the drag hill, and thus don't need hardly any suspension upgrades in front, but are well-served with an extended swingarm.

Hitting the bowls? Wide and low suspension, look into +2 or+3 a-arms and basic shocks with adjustable pre-load to lower your ride height, along with an extended axle.

The trails and canyons surrounding the dunes? Probably +1 or +2 and definitly external reserviors to keep the shocks from fading in the heat.

Jumping? Long Travel a-arms and shocks.

You want to go ALL out? Get +3 Long Travel A-arms and Zero Preload Long Travel Shocks in front. The +3 will give you a wide wheelbase, the 0-preload shocks will lower your ride height and give you stability, but you'll still be able to jump them extremely well. A +1 1/4 extended swingarm is a terrific upgrade, unless you REALLY like to wheelie all the time. If you have 0-preload in front, you need 0-preload in the rear, too. And of course, the extended axle.

Cost varies greatly with brand, but higher cost doesn't necessarily mean higher quality.