PDA

View Full Version : Sparks Timing Advance Key

HondaChris
10-26-2003, 09:23 AM
Well I got mine the other day and installed it. What a difference in throttle response on the bottom end and mid range. I love it. Its the best $20 I ever spent. And also a big thanks to Cheetah for the tech article on here for the install. He wasnt kidding about the "lack of detailed instructions" that came with it. I would definitely recommend this to anyone who doesnt have or want to spend a whole lot of money on something that produces and will actually make a difference.

Chanman420q
10-26-2003, 09:52 AM
Thats good to know, because im going to be buying one when i do my motor. Does it really give off that much heat?

HondaChris
10-26-2003, 11:47 AM
It was only a ;ittle above 50 yesterday when we ran, so I didnt notice much of any extra heat. But I'm sure the lower temp helped quite a bit in motor cooling. I dont know what you're planning on doing to your motor, but when I called out to Sparks Racing, they did not recommend it for much more than anything than a stock to a piped/jetted with airbox mods. With a high compression piston, stroker, or big bore kit, they said it wont get along with because of the extra heat from those mods, it will do more bad than good.