PDA

View Full Version : Speaker rewiring

Prazak250EX
10-25-2003, 09:22 PM
Hey y'all, I'm lookin at my speakers and I notice the subs are upside down. (floor speakers) I wanna flip em upright, but the wires that you solder to the speaker aren't long enough. Just wondering what kinda wires I should splice to it, normal speaker wire or that stuff that comes in rolls, the red and black wires. Any help'd be much appreciated.

Praz

batgeek
10-25-2003, 09:27 PM
use good quality wire at least 10g or bigger :)

Bill Fuller
10-25-2003, 09:29 PM
Originally posted by batgeek
use good quality wire at least 10g or bigger :) Beat me to it

rebound
10-26-2003, 09:04 AM
i dont think you should play with them, they were designed like that for a purpose. if they wanted them the othert way they would have put them that way.

bass is unidirectional so it doesnt matter where they are aimed.

chucked
10-26-2003, 07:08 PM
if you bought them and they were upside down thats probably how its supposed to be.

is the box ported or what?

Prazak250EX
10-31-2003, 05:22 AM
no, I didn't buy them that way. My uncle gave me the speakers with some outdated paper woofers. So I chose to swap them with Profile Baja 10's. I want the "Baja" in the speakers to be facing up instead of facing down. That's the only thing that bothers me. Otherwise, bass IS undirectional so I won't notice anything other than looks. So it's all good. Speaker wire or that red or black wire. If it helps any, the wires I'm tryin to make longer are the wires from the crossover to the sub. Forgive my stupidity lol :confused2 :D Oh yeah the box is ported

kxrider
10-31-2003, 03:56 PM
no no no dont flip them back over subs sound better like that mine are like that in my truck peps did that on purpose, call a audio shop and ask, i am assuming they are 10s 12s or15s??

Prazak250EX
10-31-2003, 09:22 PM
damn I must be stupid. lol but their not down firing. They're like reg floor speakers. 3 way

tweeter

mid

Sub

the only problem is that I got em upside down so baja reads ajab lol