PDA

View Full Version : another request for expert jetting question

alwaysbroke
10-25-2003, 08:01 PM
Ok, after reading many jetting combo's for various pipes, I am questioning what I was told by yoshimura to run. With a yoshimura off-road slip on, They told me via phone to start with a 152-155 main jet if using a k&n filter(I assume with lid on?) raise the needle by one clip, and go to a bigger pilot jet (i again assume 1 size bigger pilot jet). we did not touch on if to change air/fuel mixture. do these sound right to you? after reading all this, I'm not sure. also what is stock main jet size anyway? hey thanks again, and I'm sorry about another jetting question. Paul

Pappy
10-25-2003, 08:04 PM
stock is a 148

and thier advice with the lid on sounds pretty good

cals400ex
10-25-2003, 09:11 PM
i am not sure what elevation your at or what temps you ride in, but their #'s seem pretty good. with a slip on and K&N, we run a 152 keihin main in the summer and a 155 in the winter with the airbox lid on. these jets seem to be really close. i would use a 42 pilot or so. airskrew out around 2.5 to 3 turns. for the needle, i would leave it stock in the summer but in the winter my bike seemed to run smoother when it was cold with the clip on the 4th position (one down from stock). good luck