PDA

View Full Version : Clutch perch and e-brake help

brandon025
10-25-2003, 07:23 PM
I want to remove my parking brake before I replace my brake pads. I read a thread that described the whole process of removing the parking brake. I don't really have any questions about how to take it off. I want to know where the block off plate actually goes, a pic would be nice...I also want to replace the clutch lever/perch and front brake lever. Do I need to get CR levers? I think that the MSR Raptor levers and perches sound cool, has anyone heard anything about them? What block off plate, clutch lever/perch, and front brake lever would you recommend? Thanks.

JOEX
10-25-2003, 09:51 PM
The plate goes on the left side of the rear caliper, look where the long bolt is sticking out. There are two bolts on either side of the one that is sticking out, remove those two. That unit is what is removed and plate goes in it's place.

Get whatever lever and perch you are comfortable with. The CR one is popular. I have a Magnum and it works fine.

The block off plates are available just about everywhere, don't pay more than $10-$12 unless you want something fancy.

Joe

brandon025
10-26-2003, 05:59 AM
Thanks joex that was exactly what I wanted to hear. I have one more question though, will just any lever and perch work? or does it have to be made for a honda?

JOEX
10-26-2003, 07:15 PM
Looking through the Rocky Mountain catalog there are different part numbers for different applications. So i'd say yes, you need one made for the Honda.

Joe

brandon025
10-27-2003, 03:34 PM
Thanks man.