PDA

View Full Version : you were way off Colby

luvmyex
10-25-2003, 06:13 PM
Today after riding for awhile i decided to put your needle in and try it one more time.I changed the jets to a 165 main, 50 pilot.2 turns on the air,and 2 1/2 out on the fuel screw,and the clip in the middle.cranked it up same thing.Missing really bad when ya hit the throttle.So i turned the fuel screw out 1/4 nothing,out another 1/4 worse.Ok im getting somewhere.Ended up turning it in to about 1 1/2 to 1 3/4 turns out.and it starts running good when i blip the throttle.I jumped on it run up the street and back and it didnt miss a bit! So i guess you know what your talking about man!You were right on the money cept a 1/2 to 3/4 turn on the screw.And you service was great!Thanks alot for the help and needle! Now to run my friend tommrow and see what a differance it made.

mikeboone
10-25-2003, 07:33 PM
Yea, You do have to account for the very different elevations. Glad you got it smoothed out:cool:

luvmyex
10-25-2003, 07:41 PM
thanks Mike.Man i was about to give up on it.Almost thought something was wrong with the carb.I tried for two weeks till Colby said something about the needle.