PDA

View Full Version : K&N air filter

Lucky-Strike
10-25-2003, 04:57 PM
hello
i have EX300,if i will replace my original air filter with free flow filter (K&N) filter that will end my engine life quicker??

AtvMxRider
10-25-2003, 05:09 PM
As long as it's properly oiled it will last just as long if not longer than with a stock filter.

Lucky-Strike
10-25-2003, 05:29 PM
there is adjusments that i will need to do if iwill install that filter?
is this filter adds alot power for the atv??
how much my ex will eat more fuel?

Lucky-Strike
10-25-2003, 05:32 PM
one more question..
how i need to install it? stright on the carburator or in the air filter box?

cals400ex
10-25-2003, 05:59 PM
it will bolt right up where the stock one goes. many people claim that the k&n's don't trap as much dirt. i believe this myself. my friend has a k&n and his the the same way even if you re-oil the filter after every ride. i have one of these filters in my car and i promise you that it doesn't stop all of the dust. that is in a car, so i know when you are using an atv you will be exposed to more dust. you will also want to make minor adjustments to your carb for the increased airflow. will you notice a difference? i doubt it. my friend didn't notice much after he put his on and jetted it. you won't go through much more fuel either. fuel consumption is just one of those things that we don't worry about in our atvs. :D

Poston5
10-25-2003, 11:41 PM
I have a K&N filtercharger on my 400ex and I think it gave it some more power. More bottom than top end. I like it. I paid about 50 bucks for it and i got it from moto-man.com